Traction Control and Straightline Acceleration

Anything you like about motorbikes
dern

Re: Traction Control and Straightline Acceleration

Post by dern »

I've had the TC on the 1190 adv kick in a couple of times but only when it's been really slippery. I can't just crack the throttle wide open, 30 years of riding just won't let me. I've had the rear abs kick a few times when I first got the bike but I think that that's because the rear brake is so much more grabby that the previous bike.

I did a low speed handling course on the runway at Odiham with the IAM and at the end of the day we did some hard braking practice. We were braking as hard as possible from 70mph. The KTM just buried its nose and stopped way shorter than everything else there but I only got a hint of abs once. The instructors were surprised it stopped so quickly as it looks pretty big. That was a huge amount of fun.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

dern wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:31 am The KTM just buried its nose and stopped way shorter than everything else there but I only got a hint of abs once. The instructors were surprised it stopped so quickly as it looks pretty big. That was a huge amount of fun.
The ABS on my 690 was incredible... as above, you could just pull the thing as hard as you wanted/could and it'd stop, you never noticed it.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:42 am
Yorick wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:50 pm Even the top MotoGP and WSB lads have high-sides. It's not magic.
Pedrobot had a massive high side when the rear wheel speed sensor wire snapped on his bike, goes to show how much they do actually rely on the stuff like that.
Yup. Nor sure if I'd trust any system 100%.
DW.

Post by DW. »

The 990 smutts abs works well, to bloody good actually. Supposed to be a Supermoto, but everytime I try moto slide it, it hammers the fuck out of my foot. Don't really know how to turn it off except pulling the plug on the module.

Rode Pete's sdGt once and our mate Shane told me to overtake Pete with it on the back wheel to see what kind of response I would get at the next pub. Bastard had everything still turned on and I didn't have the foggiest on how to switch it off, barely got the front wheel a foot off the ground and farkin every warning bell under the sun was going off.
Give me no electronic aids any day.
Skub

Post by Skub »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:42 am
Yorick wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:50 pm Even the top MotoGP and WSB lads have high-sides. It's not magic.
Pedrobot had a massive high side when the rear wheel speed sensor wire snapped on his bike, goes to show how much they do actually rely on the stuff like that.
Remember the antics when his Repsol Honda decided not to activate TC for a practice start? How he ever trusted it again,I dunno. :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955