WSB Magny Cours

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: WSB Magny Cours

Post by weeksy »

Very very poor form from Rea/Kawasaki. I wasn't really bothered who wins the title before, now though I'm 100% a Toprak fan.
wull

Post by wull »

It was on the exit towards the corner where JR actually made the pass on the final lap, Toprak wouldn’t have gained anything and JR managed to make the pass after it anyway. What a joke.
wull

Post by wull »

KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

https://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/986722/ ... battle-rea

Even the official WSBK Friend face page says Rea called Riba over report it.
wull

Post by wull »

Beggars belief
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Never liked Rea. Always been a miserable, whining tosser.
wull

Post by wull »

It beggars belief the online fan boys of JR who justify it with utter tosh. KRT have now released a statement saying they were the ones who had noticed it and filed a complaint even though it’s a clear as day JR instigated it by calling over PR and telling him about it, even saying “go ask Guim”………in all the years of me watching JR he’s never had that look on his face and interaction with PR afterwards, it’s so clear that’s what’s going on there.

I’ve never wanted someone so much to lose a championship, I like or should I say liked JR but that’s it he’s lost all my respect. I much prefer to watch really good close racing and a championship that stays alive until the end, and when we finally get that this sort of bullshit crops up, why is there even green paint there ffs? It’s about the width of my cock so just make it white and then it’s grass, exceed that and you’re gonna lose grip anyway and drive, absolutely nothing to be gained in that section and JR overtook him at the end of the straight after it anyway.

You couldn’t make this shit up.
wull

Post by wull »

Part of his tyre is probably still on the white line, crazy to think they reached that conclusion and penalty from this……….why is that even green ffs?

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Wull wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:11 am Part of his tyre is probably still on the white line, crazy to think they reached that conclusion and penalty from this……….why is that even green ffs?
The problem is, it IS green though, whether we think it should be or not. Toprak knew it was and clearly JR knew it was too.

In some ways, this isn't about what's right or wrong in the eyes of the rules.... but it's certainly a lot about the riders themselves and their mindsets as people that we're seeing.

However this is a big money sport and a big prize for winning it, you'd also imagine JR is feeling a bit put out by the fact that not only is Toprak beating him in the title race, but he's being discussed for a MotoGP ride more than JR is... hence feeling like he is and picking up on this. That doesn't mean i agree with it, but i can see how it would happen.
wull

Post by wull »

I totally agree but why is that part green? There is absolutely no reason for that part to be green, it’s such a narrow part that it would be better painted white and if you exceed track limits you’re actually on the grass and we know what happens there.

Sadly the mindset of JR in that moment and time especially after the race in Parc Ferme speaks a thousand words, the look on his face, that’s worrying. A bit pathetic really, there were many hard passes on both parts and the respect between them on track is huge, the friendship was good tbh and I’m sure they love swapping paint but he goes and acts like that. A bit sad really.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Wull wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:59 am we know what happens there.
I'm guessing exactly because of that. Just a slight added safety margin, probably a throwback from a trackday when some nobber didn't know the grass wasn't as grippy as tarmac.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Rules is rules.

But it was such a marginal infringement that race control didn't pick it up.

If they had he'd have got a long lap penalty?

but JR... snitches get stitches.
wull

Post by wull »

Last lap so they’d have added time on which is exactly what they’ve done
wull

Post by wull »

I believe next year or during the off season they will revamp the rule and it will be slightly different for next season so this doesn’t happen again. It’s actually ridiculous and ruining the sport. Finally an exciting season and it’s potentially going to pot because of this crap. Imagine if Toprak loses the championship by 2 points
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Wull wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:45 am I believe next year or during the off season they will revamp the rule and it will be slightly different for next season so this doesn’t happen again. It’s actually ridiculous and ruining the sport. Finally an exciting season and it’s potentially going to pot because of this crap. Imagine if Toprak loses the championship by 2 points
We;ve got the same in MotoGP with the green and the long lap stuff, although i get the impression it's slightly more sophisticated and automated in MotoGP, admittedly, i don't know how that actually works though i admit. Usually in GPs though the green is on the exit of the corners which stops people going wider to take advantage. The green on the straight i've not seen before, but maybe because i've not been looking for it.. I wonder how many other tracks have similar.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Kawasaki are trying to squirm out of this now. They are making themselves look like twats
Kawasaki boss Guim Roda responded to Denning, saying; “In case there is any doubt I would like to explain KRT’s facts after Superpole race at Magny-Cours. After the last lap of the race, Raul, the KRT hardware technician, who was sitting in the pit box watching the race as he normally does, mentioned to me he thought Toprak had run out the track on the last lap so I told him to check and confirm.

“As an example, in Assen, Race Direction penalised Ana Carrasco on the last lap because somebody push her out of the track limits. This was unfortunate and also unlucky. Ana complained about this, but I said to her ‘a rule is rule and we must accept and be more clever next time’.

“On the last lap of any race run under these rules it is very important to ride the limits but not to cross them… and one of the most important things to consider is not to go off the track. This part of the track at Magny-Cours, at the level Rea and Toprak are fighting, would give an advantage; small but still an advantage. For me, it was enough to refer to the rules and make a comment to race direction. Ultimately the decision is not mine, It is FIM who consider independently, this is the same for everyone.”
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:02 pm Kawasaki are trying to squirm out of this now. They are making themselves look like twats
Kawasaki boss Guim Roda responded to Denning, saying; “In case there is any doubt I would like to explain KRT’s facts after Superpole race at Magny-Cours. After the last lap of the race, Raul, the KRT hardware technician, who was sitting in the pit box watching the race as he normally does, mentioned to me he thought Toprak had run out the track on the last lap so I told him to check and confirm.

“As an example, in Assen, Race Direction penalised Ana Carrasco on the last lap because somebody push her out of the track limits. This was unfortunate and also unlucky. Ana complained about this, but I said to her ‘a rule is rule and we must accept and be more clever next time’.

“On the last lap of any race run under these rules it is very important to ride the limits but not to cross them… and one of the most important things to consider is not to go off the track. This part of the track at Magny-Cours, at the level Rea and Toprak are fighting, would give an advantage; small but still an advantage. For me, it was enough to refer to the rules and make a comment to race direction. Ultimately the decision is not mine, It is FIM who consider independently, this is the same for everyone.”
Well strictly speaking, they're not incorrect with what they're doing and it does seem picky. However i guess on the flipside, lets say someone did it 3-4 times and on the 4th time went too close, caught then grass and highsided and took out 3 bikes behind... Would we all be saying "they should have done something earlier"

Sure, it's an extreme scenario, but it's not completely impossible or even improbable.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

But we all know that it was Rea who started it.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I think crash.net need to get off the fence, 🤣

https://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/986763/ ... id-not-win
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I reckon Yamaha will be studying the rule book in readiness for the next race. :obscene-birdiedoublered: