CUSTOM BUELL X1 LIGHTNING BY OFFICINE ROSSOPURO

Anything you like about motorbikes
Count Steer

Re: CUSTOM BUELL X1 LIGHTNING BY OFFICINE ROSSOPURO

Post by Count Steer »

Beancounter wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:52 pm
Count Steer wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:10 am Wouldn't want to own it but I'd certainly like to try a ride on it. Buell's were always a bit different.
There was a chap on the previous forum when we did the 'Surrey Scrambles' that swore his was trying to kill him :shock:
A bit like Steven King's 'Christine' :D
That would be Rickular. He didn't have it long if I remember correctly.
That was indeed Rickular. After one particularly gnarly trip I thought we were going to need to get him a cab :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:43 pm
Dodgy knees wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:00 am The Buell master of Manchester (Maz) once told me the 2001 X1 lightning was the best of the lot. They definitely give you plenty to talk about. They were different and now highly collectable. Do not sell.

I had the Ulysses, always attracted attention and discussion. The Uly was actually a very tall bike and I was a one leg stopper. Always fun to ride and a bonus if you got home again. I had a few electrical issues with mine and eventually got rid. Wish I still had it now though, just for some sunny, local riding if nothing else.

Lake Vyrnwy,

May is in love with 2001 X1s - he sees it as the finical of Buelldom.
The Is is much nicer looking bike (as was my M1)
What name did you go by go UKBEG ?
I honestly can't remember, good few years ago. Went to his summer extravaganza once, it pissed down all day and bike played up on ride home. His mate Adam lived near Oswestry and I went to his place once, very nice place and a very nice chap. He had a nice collection. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Always fancied one but was put off of actually owning one as they seemed to have more ownership horror stories than any other bike I can think of!
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Dodgy knees wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:41 pm
Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:43 pm
Dodgy knees wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:00 am The Buell master of Manchester (Maz) once told me the 2001 X1 lightning was the best of the lot. They definitely give you plenty to talk about. They were different and now highly collectable. Do not sell.

I had the Ulysses, always attracted attention and discussion. The Uly was actually a very tall bike and I was a one leg stopper. Always fun to ride and a bonus if you got home again. I had a few electrical issues with mine and eventually got rid. Wish I still had it now though, just for some sunny, local riding if nothing else.

Lake Vyrnwy,

May is in love with 2001 X1s - he sees it as the finical of Buelldom.
The Is is much nicer looking bike (as was my M1)
What name did you go by go UKBEG ?
I honestly can't remember, good few years ago. Went to his summer extravaganza once, it pissed down all day and bike played up on ride home. His mate Adam lived near Oswestry and I went to his place once, very nice place and a very nice chap. He had a nice collection. 👍
Adan does have an extensive collection ... so you must have gone to a "Deliverance"?
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Couldn't do deliverance, it was same time as family holiday if I remember rightly. I went around his house, it ain't far from me, lovely place. Not easy go find neither.
Yamaha rocket 3
Beancounter

Post by Beancounter »

Count Steer wrote:
That was indeed Rickular. After one particularly gnarly trip I thought we were going to need to get him a cab :D
I remember going for a very quick spin on it after we'd had lunch at Ogri's. Only went a couple of miles down the road. The engine was fine but the handling felt quite unstable. If rather have paid for a cab.