MotoGP : Germany.

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Bigyin

Re: MotoGP : Germany.

Post by Bigyin »

Not a mention of MotoGP ...... shock win for Marquez on a circuit he hasnt lost at in 10 years in 3 classes.

Perfect storm for him in that its a left hand circuit so helps the right shoulder a bit, Ducati cant use its straight line power, Honda short wheelbase lets it turn tight but fire out and Yamaha seem completely lost and add in a few drops of rain to let him grab a 1.5 second gap. KTM tried to spoil the party but not close enough

I bet he will be hurting tomorrow and i doubt he will be as close to the front at Assen next week but clearly a very emotional Marquez after almost 20 months off the podium when he is used to winning most weeks
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:13 pm Not a mention of MotoGP .
I went out for tea :) sorry.

Awesome to see the KTMs being strong and i have to admit i like the Aprilia taking it to the big boys :)

The Hondas, despite MArquez winning are absolutely shite really... but that said, the Suzuki isn't doing any better than them either.

Vinales has to be kicked out of the team at the end of the season, as does Rossi really. That said, Morbidelli isn't exactly setting the world alight.

MArtin did well i thought considering crashes/injuries :)

Not sure what happened to Quat.. fastest in just about every minute of every session, until the race.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

What a fab result for Marc :thumbup: I thought Oliveira was gonna catch him near the end, but Marc obviously still had some left. Must admit at the start of the race I didn't think Marc could win, but so happy for him that he did. I know some people don't like Marc but so sad to see him struggling or thinking he might not have been able to come back and he really needed that result. To early for him to be at the front every weekend, but hopefully this will help his recovery and self belief no end.

Fabo I thought had a great weekend, it seemed to me he had fast laps but maybe not race pace so 3rd considering the other Yamaha's was a decent result and extends his lead.

Yamaha :think: they need to bin Mav and Rossi for sure. I must admit last contract rounds I'd have stuck Franky and Fabio in the factory squad. Mav's had a good run of years on one of the best bikes in the paddock and can't keep consistent. Having said that Franky is struggling now as well. Have Yamaha done a Honda?

Oliveira keeps impressing, interesting what they were saying about his contract. At the moment though the KTM doesn't seem a bad bike now.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Supermofo wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:27 am Oliveira keeps impressing, interesting what they were saying about his contract. At the moment though the KTM doesn't seem a bad bike now.
I'm really really hoping he doesn't jump ship, especially to Honda.. I understand HRC is the force in MotoGP, but well, lets be honest, it's really not currently. It certainly wouldn't be the bike i would jump to if i wanted to increase my chances of winning, although it's arguably likely to pay more than KTM... but it does seem a terrible choice to move. I bet you Pol Spag is regretting it a LOT !
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

The one you've left out there is Ducati. Despite having the biggest budget and the most bikes and feedback on the grid they still can't deliver.

That's what making MotoGP so special again - 5 different winners in 8 races. Three different manufacturers on the podium. Four in the top four.

Morbidelli has suffered from being asked to ride a two year old bike with no development. He came second in last year's championship remember, on a year old bike. Rossi has been the blocker for his development - as he takes the "no.1" role (and all the toys that come with it) at Petronas.

I simply can't answer the Vinales thing. Wins in Qatar and looks like he's off on a world beating season, fastest in testing last week and then this weekend's performance and the most incredible post-race interview you'll ever read. I'll be surprised if he makes the end of the season with Yamaha.

Quatararo is incredible. No other Yamaha in the top ten and he's third.

KTM need to work out why they are obsessed by Binder and not his much better, quicker team mate before they lose him at the end of next season - let's face it both Honda and Yamaha need a decent works rider and will pay big, big bucks.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

lostboy wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:40 am

KTM need to work out why they are obsessed by Binder and not his much better, quicker team mate before they lose him at the end of next season -
Are they giving less support to Olivera then ?
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

weeksy wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:01 am
lostboy wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:40 am

KTM need to work out why they are obsessed by Binder and not his much better, quicker team mate before they lose him at the end of next season -
Are they giving less support to Olivera then ?
Whilst they may be giving him the bits, he certainly hasn't got the massive contract. That is definitely less support and commitment. That situation only gets worse the longer the contract issue goes on and they then need to start throwing resources behind a rider that will be staying - in this case the slower one.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

I get the feeling Brad is seen as 'the rider' for KTM since Moto3. Does seem a bit odd they wouldn't extend that to Olivera though.

Having said that BT sport commentary seemed to imply that maybe that might be coming from Olivera though? Who knows what came first KTM preferring Brad or Olivera wanting a different bike?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Supermofo wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:17 am I get the feeling Brad is seen as 'the rider' for KTM since Moto3. Does seem a bit odd they wouldn't extend that to Olivera though.

Having said that BT sport commentary seemed to imply that maybe that might be coming from Olivera though? Who knows what came first KTM preferring Brad or Olivera wanting a different bike?
Well he got moved from Tech3 to Factory, given the same bike as Binder, that's hardly being ignored is it ?
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

weeksy wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:17 am
Supermofo wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:17 am I get the feeling Brad is seen as 'the rider' for KTM since Moto3. Does seem a bit odd they wouldn't extend that to Olivera though.

Well he got moved from Tech3 to Factory, given the same bike as Binder, that's hardly being ignored is it ?
Ignoring the fact that Binder was put straight into the Factory team and Oliveira had to do the Tech 3 route first......... and had scored reasonable points in Tech 3's debut season. Worse still, the decision was for him to be parachuted in when Zarco binned his contract, rather than promote Oliveira.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

lostboy wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:49 am

Ignoring the fact that Binder was put straight into the Factory team and Oliveira had to do the Tech 3 route first......... and had scored reasonable points in Tech 3's debut season. Worse still, the decision was for him to be parachuted in when Zarco binned his contract, rather than promote Oliveira.
I'm not convinced they're 'bad' decisons as such, some riders flourish in GPs, some flounder, some do OK, you don't really know the answer to that until you try them. Giving the factory ride to Binder was perfectly logical.... promoting Olivera from the Tech3 was also logical under the circumstances later on too. I'm not seeing the issue here.
Using your logic, Ducati should've given Zarco the factory ride... but you don't actually know that until you give them the semi-factory bike and do really well.
Or even Alex Marquez from the opposite side of the coin.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

My point was less he was being ignored, more the possibility that Olivera might want to move. Also less that they have the same bikes more that Brad has been given a long term contract over Olivera, but again that could be down to Olivera not KTM.