Bells ?

MTB, Road, Cyclocross, Running, walking, Rowing, Weights / Cardio, Diet, training plans
Taipan

Re: Bells ?

Post by Taipan »

I find there much better than getting close to people and calling out. Its the surprise element that seems to piss people off. Couple of separate dings from a way back sees people look round and just move over with no problems and always with a cherry thank you as we pass.
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

Having a bell on your bike is mandatory here in Spain.
Docca

Post by Docca »

No, but I can see his it makes sense.

My staple is ‘coming round you’ and then a very polite thanks/ compliment their dog.

Mostly trouble free. Did have to tell some fat whale I hoped he was walking to the sea when he wouldn’t move, but that’s largely because I’m intolerant.

Horse riders around here are lovely. Often stop for a chat- not about horses mind. The only thing I know about horses is that they get farted on more than any other animal.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

I have a bulb hooter on my messabout bike. It gets people out the way but they're normally not super cheery.
I should change it but it cost me at least 7 quid.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

DefTrap wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:39 am It gets people out the way but they're normally not super cheery
They're generally also French though?

Have to say...how can you be grumpy when someone toots you out of the way with a clown horn! Miserable sods :D