Numberplate flipper

Anything you like about motorbikes
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Numberplate flipper

Post by weeksy »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:45 pm I honestly remember SOMEONE on VD didn't have a plate for a bit on the grounds that the offence is the same as having a little one...."failure to display".

ISTR their avatar was a head on traffic cam type shot of them on a Bostrom rep 916.

You're talking 15 years ago now though so maybe not :D

I can see why admitions might not be forthcoming!
Hi.

:banana-dance:
G.P

Post by G.P »

I remember there was a bloke with a Big fancy BMW tourer who was pictured a bunch of times on a FF speed camera giving it the finger at 110mph +.

Plod got in touch with BMW UK with colour and spec, there were only around a dozen in UK and one was local to the Camera incdents. Guy got proper fucked over. The stupid twat was a coach driver; the operative wrod being WAS after they'd done with him
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:45 pm I honestly remember SOMEONE on VD didn't have a plate for a bit on the grounds that the offence is the same as having a little one...."failure to display".

ISTR their avatar was a head on traffic cam type shot of them on a Bostrom rep 916.

You're talking 15 years ago now though so maybe not :D

I can see why admitions might not be forthcoming!
A friend of mine was at an enduro event in wales a few years ago. I can't remember the specifics but it was something along the lines of....

The police turn up to the event and start bollocking people for small numberplates, eventually revealing that a small plate is £60 fine and 3 points, but no numberplate at all is a £40 fine !!
Horse

Post by Horse »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:45 pm on the grounds that the offence is the same as having a little one...."failure to display".
Similar with tax discs. I used to have a B&W photocopy stuck on the bike, with 'original with owner to prevent theft' written on it. Apparently that's potentially construed as forgery rather than a simple fail to display!
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

It's all a bit streetfighter, mullet and camo trousers
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Could be wrong, but isn’t having a number plate a £30 non endorsable job?

Having one of those plate flippers is soapy time with bubba.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I doubt its £30 any more if it is just a fine. Maybe in 1999...
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

Horse wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:15 am
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:45 pm on the grounds that the offence is the same as having a little one...."failure to display".
Similar with tax discs. I used to have a B&W photocopy stuck on the bike, with 'original with owner to prevent theft' written on it. Apparently that's potentially construed as forgery rather than a simple fail to display!
Many years ago I had my tax disk nicked after that I never bothered displaying it, just had it in a plastic bag under my seat
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Plate flippers are basically an intelligence test.
Own one to fail the test.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:30 pm I doubt its £30 any more if it is just a fine. Maybe in 1999...
You’re right - now £100 but still non-endorsable
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I had a YOR1K plate for track for 15+ years in UK.
Twice I went out with that plate on by mistake. :(
False reg plate is fraud so very naughty. So took the plate off first time as a panicked.
Second I thought cops wouldn't notice the plate, but would notice not having one.

Both squeaky bum rides home.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Horse wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:15 am
Yup, counts as a "false instrument" and i remember a local villain who i knew well and was easy pickings as he was so incompetent he was always getting nicked for not being a very good criminal. Stopped him once back in the dim and distant past in the 4 years i wore a uniform as he was normally carrying something nicked in his car. Sure enough as well as some stolen property in the boot he had a nicked tax disc altered to look like his reg number. After nicking him for theft/fraudulent use etc i told him failing to display one was a fine from dvla, but the altered one was a criminal offence.

After thanking me for the info he said he wouldnt bother nicking another tax disc again...... never crossed his mind to actually tax the car despite him legally insuring it and it having an MOT ...... told you, complete dumb ass :D
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

All 916 riders have a little one.