How's the lockdown going for everyone ?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
GuzziPaul

Re: How's the lockdown going for everyone ?

Post by GuzziPaul »

I've been self isolating since last Tuesday went on my bike Saturday and Monday but now I'm meant to be "sheilded" I've not been bpast the front door. Waiting for the official NHS letter as I've got a compromised immune system, got till Sunday it seems. If i don't get one I may be a bit more adventerous. not been sleeping in the same bed as the wife for the last couple of nights.
Work wise I'm in a key industry so continuing to work from home and others are having to do the site work, I can access a lot from home so still busy and we need to be so we all still have a company in 6 months.
posting a lot on here for some human interaction.
Fruity

Post by Fruity »

My first day back at work today, after training last week. Still had to get up close and personal, searching two guys for weapons, that and goggling at the sheer number of people in a couple of small villages who were treating the sunny weather as an early weekend with kids playing everywhere.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Fruity wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:05 pm My first day back at work today, after training last week. Still had to get up close and personal, searching two guys for weapons, that and goggling at the sheer number of people in a couple of small villages who were treating the sunny weather as an early weekend with kids playing everywhere.
Our village is like it's under curfew, no kids, no humans, people actually doing as they're told.
Fruity

Post by Fruity »

weeksy wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:07 pm
Our village is like it's under curfew, no kids, no humans, people actually doing as they're told.

Where I live isn't bad, mainly older folk walking to the local shop and back for exercise and habit.

Where I work is a different kettle of fish, somewhat less considerate in places :|
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

WFH, so keeping busy. Boring the crap out of me though, so will start doing some stuff round the house and garden. Trying to get some exercise in as well and get back into some routine for doing so. Been nice talking to teh kids too. Turns out they've grown into nice young people and teh wife no longer works at Woolworths.

Balbus

Post by Balbus »

We're a two key worker family with two young kids who need homeschooling. We're coping thus far, but barely. The school have been brilliant, they've offered us all the help we could possibly want, including care provision over the bank holiday weekend if we need it. So far we' managing to keep them at home.

It's bloody frustrating though, seeing the neighbour's chilling out, mowing their lawns, firing up the BBQ etc, and we're getting thrashed! It's even more annoying because I've got loads of jobs I'd like to do.

Speaking of thrashings, I had the kids doing circuits in the garden on Monday and then made them join me in doing 'PE with Joe' today. It's actually a half decent workout, I was expecting it to be a bit weak.

Off to work tomorrow on the bike. First time this year, and as we'll have quiet roads and blue skies, it would be rude not to.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

It's the calm before the (potential) storm for me.
My girlfriend went down with it on Sunday just gone and has been suffering quite badly since then, although I don't think she's in any danger, just really uncomfortable and not having a very good time at all - I was with her all day Saturday up until Sunday morning and we did hold hands etc once or twice during that time, so am assuming I can't have escaped having it passed to me.

I've been in self-isolation since Sunday (we have separate houses), am still working pretty much as normal from home, but the not going out at all is getting to me a bit already as its been so nice outside, I miss running or getting out on a bike badly, and it's all just a bit weird TBH;- I am finding it hard to believe I am going to get it as I feel absolutely fine at the moment, but from what I can gather average incubation time is approx 5 days which would make it tomorrow night / friday for me, so I guess I'll find out soon enough :|
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

You'd think no one in North Yorks had ever seen the sun it was like a bank holiday on Sunday.
we've been dropping food off for our daughter who has a 3 month baby and a four year old. Hubbys on Duty (Army) She's self isolating due to four year olds temperature but its more than likely a cold. as the temp dissapeared after a few hours, but will fulfill the isolation to be sure. Another five minute job on the bikes on the menu for tomorrow ....Heated grips if I have all the bits to hand... What could possibly go wrong.
Balbus

Post by Balbus »

Tricky wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:55 pm It's the calm before the (potential) storm for me.
My girlfriend went down with it on Sunday just gone and has been suffering quite badly since then, although I don't think she's in any danger, just really uncomfortable and not having a very good time at all - I was with her all day Saturday up until Sunday morning and we did hold hands etc once or twice during that time, so am assuming I can't have escaped having it passed to me.

I've been in self-isolation since Sunday (we have separate houses), am still working pretty much as normal from home, but the not going out at all is getting to me a bit already as its been so nice outside, I miss running or getting out on a bike badly, and it's all just a bit weird TBH;- I am finding it hard to believe I am going to get it as I feel absolutely fine at the moment, but from what I can gather average incubation time is approx 5 days which would make it tomorrow night / friday for me, so I guess I'll find out soon enough :|
Good luck!

And hope the GF GWS.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

;)

the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Woke up to find router had died. No internets. No power to router. No spare PSU's either.

Cannot contact Plus.net through any channels. So try Amazon. Delivery is Monday. Nah. Try Argos. Collect it now from Sainsbury's 2.6 miles away. Hop on bike, ride there, buy it, unpack it, configure it and less than five mintues from unboxing to full connection again using same SSID and Key for wifi so the children don't have to think too hard! All connected and nice and fast again. Phew. That was a close call to having to not work for a few days.

Funny how we depend on internets nowadays....

Oh yes, I did change default Admin/Admin password straight away. I'm not taking chances.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Couchy

Re: How's the lockdown going for everyone ?o

Post by Couchy »

It’s weird tbh, wife WFH but as she works for a hospice she’s apparently a key worker. Daughter is doing ok plenty of work play and exercise for her. Managing to email and video call her friends. All my work has stopped installation wise but we have some work in the service side and we are apparently key workers as in the electrical infrastructure. Going to the office for an hour a day to get materials ready for works and pick up post, it’s 9 miles from home and I’m cycling there tbh. Don’t see anyone at all and only me in the office but not sure I should be going however I do need too. Got some food and local shops seem ok.

Don’t understand some folk who don’t get the 2m rule and I’m sure my patience with them will go soon.

Stay safe everyone
G.P

Post by G.P »

I'm WFH which is something I do one or two days a week anyway on this contract anyway. I got my contract extended to end of year yesterday which was nice as lots of contractors have been parked.
Mrs GP is home, the Opticians she works for are closed. I@m please as having MS, and taking immune suppressant Meds, she's at risk.
Eldest Boy came home on leave from HMS Dragon and doesn't need to report back until 8th April as they are only using a skeleton crew while she's along side in Portsmouth, Younger lad is off from college and seems completely happy doing fuck all, all day..
My essential shopping trip today was over to SiLs Farm to collect half a lamb and some eggs. it was nice to travel further than Tescos a mile down the road!
Will venture out in search of tonic and wine later. We are definitely drinking more! :)

I've noticed that on the Dog walk, people are now very consious of the 2m rule. I've also notices that clearly some people have no idea, how long 2m is. I was queuing to pick up meds for Mrs GP yesterday and a couple of women must have thought a metre is about 8 feet rather than 39 inches...
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

G.P wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:56 pm
Eldest Boy came home on leave from HMS Dragon and doesn't need to report back until 8th April as they are only using a skeleton crew while she's along side in Portsmouth,
My nephew who's training as a Navy helicopter navigator said they're all on 48 notice to move anywhere in the country. Been told they'll be "military augmentees" to the civil authorities. So helping NHS, police and fire service.
G.P

Post by G.P »

Yorick wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:31 pm
G.P wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:56 pm
Eldest Boy came home on leave from HMS Dragon and doesn't need to report back until 8th April as they are only using a skeleton crew while she's along side in Portsmouth,
My nephew who's training as a Navy helicopter navigator said they're all on 48 notice to move anywhere in the country. Been told they'll be "military augmentees" to the civil authorities. So helping NHS, police and fire service.
Yeah, my lad is on 48hrs notice to return to duty but that's pretty standard as crew of an operational ship. The view of their crew is that's its highly unlikely that'the RN will be involved with the civil authorities but maybe personnel in training establishments would be first to mobilise?
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

MrLongbeard wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:43 am No bother, still working albeit 1 day in the lab followed by 4 days WFH.
Fridge full of beer, several bottles of bourbon & rum cached, meat can be got from one of several local butchers.

The sun is shining, may as well just get on with it, although having wife and or daughter at home is knocking me off from my usual WFH routine, having to get dressed and masturbate less puts a real downer on it. :twisted:
OK, it's starting to grind now.
The sun is shining, the wife & daughter at home doing whatever 2 wimmin do during the day when they aren't working, it's starting to feel like I'm working a weekend but come the weekend I ain't getting a chance to relax or do owt.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:59 pm
MrLongbeard wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:43 am No bother, still working albeit 1 day in the lab followed by 4 days WFH.
Fridge full of beer, several bottles of bourbon & rum cached, meat can be got from one of several local butchers.

The sun is shining, may as well just get on with it, although having wife and or daughter at home is knocking me off from my usual WFH routine, having to get dressed and masturbate less puts a real downer on it. :twisted:
OK, it's starting to grind now.
The sun is shining, the wife & daughter at home doing whatever 2 wimmin do during the day when they aren't working, it's starting to feel like I'm working a weekend but come the weekend I ain't getting a chance to relax or do owt.
Don't forget that weekend mode means drinking more :)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I cycled to the surgery and queued at a respectable distance along with everyone else.

I did freak the counter staff a bit by using my motor Ike Buff as a face mask indoors.

Cycled home again. It was quiet out there but not desolate.

Weirdly we've got a couple of people moving house in the close today, although one of the sets are moving into the other house. They didn't even bother with vans as it's 40m distance they've moved.
crust

Post by crust »

The other half is virused up to the eyeballs so I'm isolating at home. Work's gone mad as all the other peoples are madly emailing and ringing all day because they're bored and trying to prove they're working hard so they don't get furloughed on 80% - it's harder than being in work.

Haven't had time to skive :(
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

crust wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:39 pm The other half is virused up to the eyeballs so I'm isolating at home. Work's gone mad as all the other peoples are madly emailing and ringing all day because they're bored and trying to prove they're working hard so they don't get furloughed on 80% - it's harder than being in work.

Haven't had time to skive :(
I may need an extension for a thumbs down