Are Trump protests finished?

Current affairs, Politics, News.
lostboy

Re: Are Trump protests finished?

Post by lostboy »

DEADPOOL wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:46 pm
MingtheMerciless wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:15 pm FBI Bod on Radio 4 today said that they have a a whole dept setup for internal terrorism and they think attacks are highly likely after Biden takes office. Apparently they have no specific law for dealing with home grown terrorists!
They can dress it up whichever way they like, these are secret police they are talking about. State controlled policing. If you disagree with the party line, you are de-facto an enemy of the state. In a democratic society, the law and policing are disconnected from the state deliberately, it is a fundamental tenet of democracy.

There are plenty of examples of where the state employs a secret police force or Stasi. None of them are places you'd want to live. China, Russia, North Korea, places like that. This is one of the reasons the conservative right wing are so annoyed about what the left are doing with the aid of big tech. Anyone with even the merest grasp of political history saw this coming. We have seen it before.

Every single trick the left has pulled and are about to implement has been used before to prop up a single party state. They sincerely believe they know best and therefore, you have to do as they say for your own benefit.

I flagged this some time ago because in the developed world, this will most likely lead to a civil war. Too many people fundamentally disagree with Marxism/communism and because at least (!) half the country voted against it. Those are REAL people who disagree and not an anonymous ballot of invisible postal voters.

These are not mere peasants to be toyed with by the ruling class. No matter how hard the state/big tech gang up to defund, deplatform or censor the right wing, the USA is too big to fall.

Meanwhile, the democrats have had to side with so many lunatic left wing extremists that in-party fighting will be the order of the day. Biden is a feeble minded weak old man; a hollow man. He will not be able to control his own party or the elements within it. There are also clear indications his family are deeply involved financially with the CCP. That in itself is an extraordinarily dangerous situation with the rise of China but coupled with in-party fighting will lead to chaos.
Perhaps the most amusing thing about that little commentary is that you substitute "right" for "left" and you'd have the perfect summary of the last four years of US rule. The tools remain the same, it's just who's using them changes. Even more amusing is your idea is that Trump did anything for the real people than Biden may or may not and that he wasn't perhaps the zenith of the "ruling class" as it's been seen over the last several decades.

As for your last paragraph, that's possibly the most hilarious of the lot.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

lostboy wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:29 pm
Perhaps the most amusing thing about that little commentary is that you substitute "right" for "left" and you'd have the perfect summary of the last four years of US rule. The tools remain the same, it's just who's using them changes. Even more amusing is your idea is that Trump did anything for the real people than Biden may or may not and that he wasn't perhaps the zenith of the "ruling class" as it's been seen over the last several decades.

As for your last paragraph, that's possibly the most hilarious of the lot.
Perhaps you could enlighten us. I don't see where Trump had anything but enmity from the FBI (who have just been revealed to have been doing Hilary's bidding) and even more extreme hostility from both the mainstream media and big tech. Maybe I missed that similarity you make or more likely, Trump is such a dislikable character, people are happy to believe anything bad and therefore all of that prejudice and media spin must be "true".

Either way, I don't see where Trump has created a secret police specifically to hunt down errant voters.

Clearly the "problem" with either class of political persuasion is that they both have their extremes. White supremacists and the KKK (interestingly a Democrat organisation!) on the one hand and Burn Loot Murder, defund the police and "black shirt" vigilantism on the other.

I agree, neither extreme is a good place and neither party can claim to have the moral high ground in extremis. In that respect you may swap left/right at your whim but not regarding mainstream media coverage, big tech partisanship or cooperation from various governmental departments. Trump has been battling those since day one, all of the fake news like Russian collusion has been proven to be false.

I am glad you find the last paragraph hilarious. I hope I am wrong.

"Meanwhile, the democrats have had to side with so many lunatic left wing extremists that in-party fighting will be the order of the day. Biden is a feeble minded weak old man; a hollow man. He will not be able to control his own party or the elements within it. There are also clear indications his family are deeply involved financially with the CCP. That in itself is an extraordinarily dangerous situation with the rise of China but coupled with in-party fighting will lead to chaos."

Not seeing anything funny myself. Time will tell. I don't think we will have to wait too long for things to start going badly wrong internally for the democrat party and their untrained BLM/antifa dogs. Certainly well inside the golden "100 days", possibly within the next few days and weeks...
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Biden has already upset the far left but not giving them the appointments they were expecting, I don't think he's about to let them take over.

At our plastic Yank mentioned earlier there are already violent protests against Biden happening and it isn't by Trump supporters.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Mussels wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:13 pm
At our plastic Yank mentioned earlier there are already violent protests against Biden happening and it isn't by Trump supporters.
Burning the flag, so not even USA supporters?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Trump was caught on tape trying to pressure election officials to change the result of ballots.

Trump ordered Federal Agents in unmarked vehciles and unlabelled uniforms to pull protestors into unmarked vans and take them to undisclosed locations without arresting them.

Trump has filed...how many, I dunno....lots.... of injunctions against books that are critical of him.

And that was just in 2020.

Just sayin' ;)
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Aye, if he'd just been an adult about losing the election we would have only watched him lose it once.
This way he's lost it every day for weeks on end.

On a brighter note I see that Biden is signing back upto the Paris accord environmental deal?
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

I always like the bit in the speeches about UNITING the nation. Heard it said here aswel. 😅
Yamaha rocket 3
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:48 pm Trump was caught on tape trying to pressure election officials to change the result of ballots.
Yes I remember that one. Trump tells the governor that they could easily find hundreds of thousands of fake votes if they would only look. All they need to do is "find" a mere few thousand (incontestable acts of fraud) to overturn the result. If you listen to the entire call rather than the selected excerpts the media would have you believe, it is obvious what is meant by "find".

It was after the Georgia elections revealed some astonishing discrepancies in the postal votes. Extraordinary procedural changes, nefarious counting practices and inexplicable statistical anomalies (updated vote counts actually going down for Trump by the same amount they went up for Biden, aka vote switching). Inexplicable Biden only overnight vote jumps etc. None of these things have been explained.

While not "proven", it is true to suggest all of those things are possible, despite the Dominion machines makers insisting they are not. Dominion also claimed the machines were not networked when there was plenty of evidence they were. They even traced the network back to various servers dotted around the world.

All moot points now because the state governer refused to hand over any of the machines for inspection, ballot papers were apparently shredded at the same time that huge swathes of data were deleted. The courts refused to hear any case on the grounds that none of the people objecting to the result or alleged fraud had "standing".

So while it is true to say "we don't know" and "can't be sure", no one can say for example that "the courts found no evidence" when the truth is, they refused to even look at it. They all wriggled out on a technicality.

Still, the Obiden team got away with it and now they reap what they have sown.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

They started over 50 court cases...nearer 60 I think. All of their smoking guns suddenly vanished when they had to hold them up in court.

You can say what you like to the press and on the Internet, but the fact remains when you get to court you have to have hard evidence and tell the truth, or risk penalties. Oddly enough no-one was willing to present evidence in court. I wonder why.

The "no standing" is a legal term which refers to the validity of a case, its nothing to do with reputation or similar.

For example a case in Texas was dismissed because it was attempting to change the vote in another state, I can't remember which one. The "no standing" came about because there's no legal basis for person A to complain about what person B did to person C.

Similarly if you file suit you have to present evidence, and if you ain't got any you don't even make it to court. You don't even have to present GOOD evidence, just something. Again, no-one managed to do that hence their cases were dismissed.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

demographic wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:03 pm On a brighter note I see that Biden is signing back upto the Paris accord environmental deal?
Have you read what's in that "accord"?

I'll have to revisit it but last time I looked it was just a bunch of hot air and waffle. Lots of promises by various countries to "do something" and that "something" is largely an excuse to impose carbon tax onto the peasantry (thats you and me) while continuing to dump increasingly vast amounts of fossil fuels into the environment.

I am sure mother nature does not take any notice for how much I have to pay to run my bike while she is deciding whether or not to turn the climate on its head. All the largest polluters are "promising" is to stop making things worse decades into the future once we hit the target of 2 degrees of warming.

I suspect half of Pakistan will be underwater by then anyway. China will continue to lie through its teeth while the world pays them extra to keep it all under their hat. America will lose its hard won self sufficiency and probably kick off a war in the Middle east just for shits and giggles.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

DEADPOOL wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:00 pm
demographic wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:03 pm On a brighter note I see that Biden is signing back upto the Paris accord environmental deal?
Have you read what's in that "accord"?

I'll have to revisit it but last time I looked it was just a bunch of hot air and waffle. Lots of promises by various countries to "do something" and that "something" is largely an excuse to impose carbon tax onto the peasantry (thats you and me) while continuing to dump increasingly vast amounts of fossil fuels into the environment.

I am sure mother nature does not take any notice for how much I have to pay to run my bike while she is deciding whether or not to turn the climate on its head. All the largest polluters are "promising" is to stop making things worse decades into the future once we hit the target of 2 degrees of warming.

I suspect half of Pakistan will be underwater by then anyway. China will continue to lie through its teeth while the world pays them extra to keep it all under their hat. America will lose its hard won self sufficiency and probably kick off a war in the Middle east just for shits and giggles.
You're a proper optimist.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:57 pm They started over 50 court cases...nearer 60 I think. All of their smoking guns suddenly vanished when they had to hold them up in court.

You can say what you like to the press and on the Internet, but the fact remains when you get to court you have to have hard evidence and tell the truth, or risk penalties. Oddly enough no-one was willing to present evidence in court. I wonder why.

The "no standing" is a legal term which refers to the validity of a case, its nothing to do with reputation or similar.

For example a case in Texas was dismissed because it was attempting to change the vote in another state, I can't remember which one. The "no standing" came about because there's no legal basis for person A to complain about what person B did to person C.

Similarly if you file suit you have to present evidence, and if you ain't got any you don't even make it to court. You don't even have to present GOOD evidence, just something. Again, no-one managed to do that hence their cases were dismissed.
"Standing" in this context means the plaintiff has to be able to show individual and personal suffering caused exclusively to them while at the same time the court ruling should have some ability for redress.

It is nothing to do with evidence. The courts did not allow any case to be heard.

Your point about affi davit as it is known here or a sworn testimony under penalty of perjury is an interesting point. Such a statement is de facto "evidence", hence the penalty of perjury clause. Thus the claim that there is "no evidence" is by your own admittance, refuted. There is a mountain of sworn testimony from republicans being kicked out of counting stations, windows being covered up, cctv footage of late night counting <blah blah>

Like I said, it is a moot point now. What is done is done. Don't kid yourself that anything was ever resolved.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

DEADPOOL wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:08 pm . Don't kid yourself that anything was ever resolved.
I'm not, I just don't think there was anything to resolve.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:02 pm You're a proper optimist.
Well at least I have read it.

I formulated my own opinion based on the useless rhetoric it contains, not a knee jerk "oh it's all about the environment therefore it must be good". It is all about money and power, nothing to do with saving the environment, if it was anything to do with that, surely the worlds net fossil fuel use would be going down, not exponentially up as it still is.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

DEADPOOL wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:11 pm
weeksy wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:02 pm You're a proper optimist.
Well at least I have read it.

I formulated my own opinion based on the useless rhetoric it contains, not a knee jerk "oh it's all about the environment therefore it must be good". It is all about money and power, nothing to do with saving the environment, if it was anything to do with that, surely the worlds net fossil fuel use would be going down, not exponentially up as it still is.
Are you not forming you opinion on the clearly biased articles you link to? If you read the articles from the opposite bias side would you accept their side?

I do find it a bit unusual that you read these things and seem to see nothing other than that as being gospel.

Unless I'm mistaken?
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

DEADPOOL wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:00 pm
when you say Pakistan, do you mean Bangladesh? That hasn't been 'half of Pakistan' for 50 years.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:09 pm I'm not, I just don't think there was anything to resolve.
...and that is of course what the mainstream media and big tech would have you believe.

There's really no point dragging up all the multiple "stories" of alleged fraud now but I can easily pick one or two of the more overt instances and when you dig through all the excuses of it being "debunked", "been through court", "imaginary" what you will find is that it has literally merely been ignored.

None of the alleged instances of fraud have ever to my knowledge been investigated, let alone disproven.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

DEADPOOL wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:11 pm
Not seeing anything funny myself. Time will tell. I don't think we will have to wait too long for things to start going badly wrong internally for the democrat party and their untrained BLM/antifa dogs. Certainly well inside the golden "100 days", possibly within the next few days and weeks...
Democrats in bed with ANTIFA? Really?

https://nypost.com/2021/01/21/antifa-mi ... n-protest/

You are getting your conspiracies in a muddle. Take deep breaths and have a lie down for a bit.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:14 pm Are you not forming you opinion on the clearly biased articles you link to? If you read the articles from the opposite bias side would you accept their side?

I do find it a bit unusual that you read these things and seem to see nothing other than that as being gospel.

Unless I'm mistaken?
Err. I have linked to something?

I am referring to the actual Paris accord. A document hosted on some Brussels website or other among other places.

Dull as ditchwater, full of rhetoric, meaningless delay, license to print money.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

DEADPOOL wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:20 pm
Err. I have linked to something?
Maybe not today but often enough yes