New TV time:

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
irie

Re: New TV time:

Post by irie »

Mr Moofo wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:53 pm Resurrection time:

Still looking but:
1) Being slightly deaf, I use subtitles - will that cause a problem with burn in on a OLED?
2) QLED - just smoke and mirrors and a posh LED ?
3) Anyone here had any issues with OLED?

Toss up between a LG CX and a Samsung OLED90 - very similar pricing. But I keep on thinking I should just buy this instead https://www.richersounds.com/tv-project ... u8500.html
Looks like the first two are roughly twice the price of the latter. It's really a question of which have the best HD pictures, and if the 4K ones are better then how much better. And if you are interested in smart TV, what are the differences.

Our local Richer Sounds in Southampton has always given me good advice so I suggest calling perhaps 3 different suppliers, ask their advice, then compare it. Probably the best you're going to be able to do for at least the next two months.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

The thing I've found that really disrupts the picture quality when I'm watching telly is when Mrs. Gremlin goes out the room and leaves the front room door wide open and blocking out 1/3 of the screen. I get up, close it, sit back down.

2 minutes later she comes back in, leaving the door wide open again. :angry-cussingblack:
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

My choice would be LG, I have had an LG 4k TV for 2 years now and the Smart TV UI is very good.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Its a toss up between LG OLED and Sony OLED from Richer Sounds
irie

Post by irie »

Mr Moofo wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:39 pm Its a toss up between LG OLED and Sony OLED from Richer Sounds
Sony OLED televisions use LG displays. I'd look for reviews of the two models you're looking at which discuss HD performance and UI (smart TV) performance.

I think that in this case it comes down to which TV has the best software and the best warranty deals.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno