Sealmate Sealbuddy

Tips, tricks, questions and answers to tech questions
The Spin Doctor

Re: Sealmate Sealbuddy

Post by The Spin Doctor »

ace llani wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:19 am
If it can pull dirt out, I can only imagine it will push far more in, which will then be trapped between the seal and the upper bush.

Quick fix but I'd be rebuilding them ASAP.

Will you rebuilld them yourself?
I've done fork rebuilds many times in the past but that was when I had a proper garage with a work bench. Most likely I'll drop them but then get someone local to do them.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
ace llani

Post by ace llani »

The Spin Doctor wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:39 pm
ace llani wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:19 am
If it can pull dirt out, I can only imagine it will push far more in, which will then be trapped between the seal and the upper bush.

Quick fix but I'd be rebuilding them ASAP.

Will you rebuilld them yourself?
I've done fork rebuilds many times in the past but that was when I had a proper garage with a work bench. Most likely I'll drop them but then get someone local to do them.
If you can drop them out of the bike I could quote you to rebuild and post back?

If you're interested, drop me a PM with the bike details (reg etc.)

Rich.
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

ace llani wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:23 am

If you can drop them out of the bike I could quote you to rebuild and post back?

Rich.
Ta. Realistically, it's going to be next year... I've already dropped a wedge of cash on a new rear shock - I'm not going to balance the books this year.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
ace llani

Post by ace llani »

The Spin Doctor wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:00 pm
ace llani wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:23 am

Rich.
Ta. Realistically, it's going to be next year... I've already dropped a wedge of cash on a new rear shock - I'm not going to balance the books this year.
No problem - let m know if I can help nearer the time :thumbup: