What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
slowsider

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by slowsider »

ZRX61 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:25 pm Lottery now appears to be over $1Billion, bought a couple more tickets...

& just to get ahead of things for when I win tonight:
Bugger off.
See what Biden's doing for you? 8-)
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

slowsider wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:27 pm See what Biden's doing for you? 8-)
Raising my fucking taxes.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Sitting at work again waiting to be asked to turn things off. Digesting a huge curry and trying to read Survival Skills.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Its sunny. I should go touring. But the dry needling from yesterday is still bastard hurting. So I have a hot pack on my neck/shoulder and will attempt to make some more gingercake later and maybe some fudge. It'll be snowing this afternoon so that'll be nice

I'm also sitting here looking out of the window at all the 'tourists' and making Mutley noises :angry-cussingblack: (I know it's allowed but the fukkers will just fill the hospitals with accident injuries ensuring we won't open this winter :( )
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Broken the full weekend lockdown but for a good reason - the medical centre in the village was closed and as I'd nearly chopped my left index finger off* while chopping some sticks for the soba a friend took me into the hospital where I got stitched up.

*That's a bit of an exaggeration of course but did lift a big flap of skin and bled a lot. I'm just having a cup of tea now and waiting for the Prada Cup race to start having just finished chopping the remaining wood. :P
Skub

Post by Skub »

Yambo wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:40 pm Broken the full weekend lockdown but for a good reason - the medical centre in the village was closed and as I'd nearly chopped my left index finger off* while chopping some sticks for the soba a friend took me into the hospital where I got stitched up.

*That's a bit of an exaggeration of course but did lift a big flap of skin and bled a lot. I'm just having a cup of tea now and waiting for the Prada Cup race to start having just finished chopping the remaining wood. :P
I managed recently to disable myself by chopping bits off two fingers on my left hand and one on the right. All separate events on the same day. Some days everything you do wants to bite your fingers. :(
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Managed to start the KX500, it's probably not run in 20 years.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Swapped the front and rear wheels on the car over.

I'd hit a few massive fucking holes in the road and suspected that it had knackered the tracking or bent a tie rod... but thought it worth swapping front to back anyway, just in case it was the tyres.

It must have been the tyres as it tracks straight and true now and I've lost the strange feeling I was getting through the steering at partial lock.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

KungFooBob wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:40 pm Swapped the front and rear wheels on the car over.

I'd hit a few massive fucking holes in the road and suspected that it had knackered the tracking or bent a tie rod... but thought it worth swapping front to back anyway, just in case it was the tyres.

It must have been the tyres as it tracks straight and true now and I've lost the strange feeling I was getting through the steering at partial lock.
What's the wear like?
636mick

Post by 636mick »

KungFooBob wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:40 pm Swapped the front and rear wheels on the car over.

Sure it’s not buckled a wheel from the potholes??
Mick
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

slowsider wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:42 pm What's the wear like?
Now there's the thing.

One of the fronts went when a coil spring broke and the spring and tyre was replaced under warranty... so the front passenger side probably had 10k miles more on it than the drivers side... probably a 2mm difference. Didn't change the way it handled or tracked at the time. Part of me thinks that it may just be that it didn't show up until they'd worn a bit more.

The wear is nice and even across them all, but they're RFT's, the suspension is VERY firm from the factory and I wonder if the pot whole damaged the internal RFT structure, there's no external visible damage.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Stripped the Sprint again to remove the near side fork leg which despite new seals is leaking. Found the seal wasn’t seated properly so redone and fingers crossed it’s sorted it.
Also, at work the other day someone mentioned the exhaust on the DS3 was bouncing when I took off up the yard after work. A quick check and both the middle and rear hangers have rotted, a common DS problem, due to very thin tin. Bought a clamp on repair kit for each from eBay. Fitted them both today, 3/4 of an hour to do both. Much improved over the originals.
Other than that, making bangers and mash with onion gravy for dinner!!!
Mick.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

636mick wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:44 pm Sure it’s not buckled a wheel from the potholes??
Mick
Maybe, but there was no vibration at speed and the wheel looked good (I know it's difficult to tell with a small buckle). It only showed up with the tracking and a 'different' feeling through the steering wheel mid corner.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

derek badger wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:04 pm Managed to start the KX500...
*swoon*
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:51 am
*swoon*
It was the 15 years to rebuild and repair it, not the 3 kicks to fire it that was the achievement.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Made a batch of slow cooker beef skirt chilli
Made a batch of beef skirt Cornish pasties
Made some bread
Made a batch of broth for this weeks lunches

Now about to roast a load of coffee orders.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:13 pm Made a batch of slow cooker beef skirt chilli
Made a batch of beef skirt Cornish pasties
Made some bread
Made a batch of broth for this weeks lunches

Now about to roast a load of coffee orders.
Fuckin jessie.

I've bin choppin wood.
Still got all me limbs too :thumbup:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

derek badger wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:47 am
*swoon*
It was the 15 years to rebuild and repair it, not the 3 kicks to fire it that was the achievement.
Is it the sought after '86 version?
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:13 pm
derek badger wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:47 am
*swoon*
Is it the sought after '86 version?
No, the ever more menacing '85 model with no KIPS. There's a thread about it in one of the other areas.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I went ski touring this morning. Well, late morning. Some friends wanted to test their kit with a short walk. I can only do short at the moment, so we agreed on morning

They over slept!! So I made some ginger cake (bribe material for this week!!) and met them about 10.30. We only walked for about 40 ins, plenty of stops to 'admire the view' (get more oxygen and recover!) - then a short ski back down. Gurt lush!!

Then I went home to get out of ski boots, popped to the local panini place for a quick lunch and met some friends who were sat out in the sun, then met some more friends (more socially distanced vin chaud!)

Came home with aching legs - as much from standing around in the cold as the touring I think!!! LOL

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde: