What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Yorick wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:25 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:24 pm Stood out in the cold (thanks to a fire alarm at work) letching at the HR women.
Pics ?
No way, the very attractive senior manager would not be impressed if she found out.
Honda Owner
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Bwana wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:29 am
Noggin wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:46 pm I planned to go for a decent walk on snowshoes. Sadly a muscle in my right arm seriously objected. Proper miffed now :( :(
I'm not certain, but I think you're meant to wear snowshoes on your feet,
Muppet!! It was using the poles that hurt my arm :lol: :lol: :lol:

Today I've skied. I've SKIED!!!!! Freaking awesome. I've been struggling with a fear of trying for some reason. Bizarre as after the first op I had no problem getting back on skis. After this second op, for some reason I've been avoiding trying. So some friends here took me with them to another part of the resort to use the magic carpet on the baby slope. She wanted to test her new boots and I didn't want to try and ski on my own!! LOL

Blooming awesome it was. Well, the ski down the baby slope was - the magic carpet was a bit freaky! Felt as if I'd fall over backwards when getting on and fall on my face getting off!! LOL :lol:

THEN - they were kind enough to drop me at a bit of the resort higher up from where I live 'on their way' home. So I did a little ski from Aime 2000 back to my place in Centre. Yup. Skiing rocks soooooo much. Love it!

And, whilst the snow is so much softer than normal at this time of year (no hordes of grockles!) I'm seriously tempted to borrow a snowboard and see if I can get my boarding legs back as well!! (Maybe I won't tell the physio - he hurt me last time I mentioned it!!) :shock:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Remembered the sheer magnitude that is the compression on a freshly built 500cc two-stroke single. I'm not going to be able to attempt to start it sat on the electric bike lift, and without wheels on it I'm going to have to have a proper think about some sort of strudy stand or wait until I get the rear axle sorted.
David

Re: What ha jve you done today thread?

Post by David »

A strudy stand! Wish i had thought of that before......maybe thats the secret to starting the Victor....
the_priest

Re: What ha jve you done today thread?

Post by the_priest »

David wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:43 pm A strudy stand! Wish i had thought of that before......maybe thats the secret to starting the Victor....
I'm thinking it was a walnut strudle stand, that woud have done it nicely.

Today I have walked the Parish again, learned more from a very wise man and finished the day with compline with someone for whom the last time he said this service was two years ago with his father, who died two years ago. So it was a special service and poignant.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:21 pm Had a pre-op assessment, which included a blood sample, a nasal swap and a crotch swab (thankfully with different swabs)... good job I had a shower before I went. I was running late and nearly didnt bother. lol

I know the swabs are to see if you carry MRSA, but I do wonder what happens if it comes back as positive? Do they hose you down with Domestos or wirebrush and dettol? :eh:
In my case I did have MRSA. Op was postponed for 14 days and I was sent home with some sort of antibacterial shower gel/bodywash and iirc, a course of tablets.
FWIW, private hospital.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Put a new battery in the Accord & splurged $10 for tomorrow nights $970Million lottery draw.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

There's a waste pipe running from the attic room ensuite to the first floor bathroom and I've been boxing it in.
Bit of a pain in the arse cos its awkward heights to reach upto in some areas but on the bright side one section is like an eight foot long bookshelf.
Or a cat lair, no doubt the cat will commander a section of it to observe the humans from.
I still have to box some of it in where it comes through the wall above the door in the bathroom then turns through to the outside wall but that needs a boiler cupboard and access panels to inspect the boiler flue as well so it will have to wait for a bit.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Sitting at work turning things off so people can work on the railway and in about 3 hours time I’ll be turning things on again when they’ve told me they’ve finished.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

ZRX61 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:01 am Put a new battery in the Accord & splurged $10 for tomorrow nights $970Million lottery draw.
If you win, remember me and you are bestest buddy’s
Horse

Post by Horse »

Taipan wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:41 am sent home with some sort of antibacterial shower gel/bodywash
That's standard pre-op infection control for everyone.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Today I have learned about chimney balloons (thanks Tiepin) and I’m now wondering whether one of those would help in our lounge to reduce draughts and cut down on the sound of seagull squawking.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

saw this cool tree along the cycle path in north London.

ImageReflection by lewis wilson, on Flickr
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Today I mainly procrastinated then went to Physio where after some 'normal' work he dry needled the bit that gives me headaches at the moment. Then I had a French lesson. I got to laugh with the physio and the teacher whilst speaking French. Very happy Smixxy :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Noggin wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:46 pm Today I mainly procrastinated then went to Physio where after some 'normal' work he dry needled the bit that gives me headaches at the moment. Then I had a French lesson. I got to laugh with the physio and the teacher whilst speaking French. Very happy Smixxy :D :D
I got told by my Italian colleague that my Italian was really improving. That, added to last week's compliment regarding my accent and pronunciation from another Italian acquaintance, kind of boosted my flagging enthusiasm.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

gremlin wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:59 pm
Noggin wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:46 pm Today I mainly procrastinated then went to Physio where after some 'normal' work he dry needled the bit that gives me headaches at the moment. Then I had a French lesson. I got to laugh with the physio and the teacher whilst speaking French. Very happy Smixxy :D :D
I got told by my Italian colleague that my Italian was really improving. That, added to last week's compliment regarding my accent and pronunciation from another Italian acquaintance, kind of boosted my flagging enthusiasm.
It makes a big difference when nationals tell you you speak well. I'm quite keen to keep learning - I always wanted to but with fear and trepidation, now I'm excited to learn more :D
cheb

Post by cheb »

Silly Car wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:52 pm Today I have learned about chimney balloons (thanks Tiepin) and I’m now wondering whether one of those would help in our lounge to reduce draughts and cut down on the sound of seagull squawking.

Just use a decent carrier bag stuffed with bubble wrap. Tie the handles to the grate to stop the thing being sucked up the chimney.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Noggin wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:45 pm
It makes a big difference when nationals tell you you speak well. I'm quite keen to keep learning - I always wanted to but with fear and trepidation, now I'm excited to learn more :D
In Normandy i was asked once what part of France I was from. It's not really a compliment, its that French arrogance that thinking someone is from another country would be rude ! :mrgreen:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

slowsider wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:03 pm
Noggin wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:45 pm

In Normandy i was asked once what part of France I was from. It's not really a compliment, its that French arrogance that thinking someone is from another country would be rude ! :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol:

I did get asked in the Pharmacie where I was from - which made me happy as they couldn't instantly pin me as une Anglaise!! :lol: :lol: I hadn't thought of the fact that they didn't ask which country!! LOL Although I don't think they thought I was French :lol: :lol: :lol:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Lottery now appears to be over $1Billion, bought a couple more tickets...

& just to get ahead of things for when I win tonight:
Bugger off.