Pfizer vaccine approved

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Potter

Re: Pfizer vaccine approved

Post by Potter »

You know, honestly, there is a lot of complaining going on about the potential of dying.

My missus often has this A&E programme on the telly and it's always the old people that go with dignity, one fabulous lady last night had to make the decision of whether to allow them to resuscitate her, she was an ex-headmistress and made the decision with fantastic courage, no whining or moaning. She just calmly said that when she goes, to leave her gone, she'd had a fantastic life and she wanted to go with dignity, I admired her courage and bravery tremendously.

We're all going to die, you're not getting out of here alive, face it with a bit of dignity and go without pissing and moaning about it.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:00 pm Fwiw baby Ds school doesn't accept unvaccinated kids (without 'a note') so its not a new idea for 2020.
We had all our kids vaccinated, I think it's generally a good idea.
I'm just not keen on forcing it on people, even if they don't have an excuse good enough for the internet police.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Harry wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:06 pm You know, honestly, there is a lot of complaining going on about the potential of dying.

My missus often has this A&E programme on the telly and it's always the old people that go with dignity, one fabulous lady last night had to make the decision of whether to allow them to resuscitate her, she was an ex-headmistress and made the decision with fantastic courage, no whining or moaning. She just calmly said that when she goes, to leave her gone, she'd had a fantastic life and she wanted to go with dignity, I admired her courage and bravery tremendously.

We're all going to die, you're not getting out of here alive, face it with a bit of dignity and go without pissing and moaning about it.
I reckon if you have enough energy to piss, moan and scream about it, you're probably going to pull through.
Potter

Post by Potter »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:13 pm
I reckon if you have enough energy to piss, moan and scream about it, you're probably going to pull through.
Pissing, moaning and screaming at the actual point of death is acceptable if it's terribly painful, but not for years beforehand because the nasty people might give you the bat flu down the pub.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Harry wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:57 pm
wheelnut wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:39 pm
However free choice works in other ways. Schools should have the free choice not to accept any kids without a full vaccination record. And they should use it.
And free choice not to accept sick/disabled kids?

No kids without vaccination records, no sick or disabled kids, no poor kids.
That might catch on.

'Ave a word with yourself.
WTF did you pull that straw man from? :wtf:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Harry wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:09 pm I'm just not keen on forcing it on people, even if they don't have an excuse good enough for the internet police.
I wouldn't force it on people either and realistically I don't think that's going to happen.

I also have no issues with private enterprise declining services to the unvaccinated if they want to. Clearly I don't, cause as above my daughter goes to school at somewhere which forces vaccination.

For all the talk of government action, from what I've seen in the news its actually been private enterprise calling for so called passports? The government have pushed back at the idea as far as I can see.

As above, I think what will actually happen is forcing by back door. I.e. we'll just get a series of government communication/propaganda saying the restrictions will stay until enough people are immune. I doubt they could seriously police any other way even if they wanted to.
Potter

Post by Potter »

wheelnut wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:51 pm
WTF did you pull that straw man from? :wtf:
It was a stretch but if schools can choose not to accept non-vaccinated kids in case they get sick, then how much of stretch is it to not accept already sick kids? What about kids born with AIDS, they can infect other kids, should they be banned from schools?

And if my kid is vaccinated against mumps, then why would I be bothered about him sitting next to a kid in school that wasn't?
Potter

Post by Potter »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:57 pm
I also have no issues with private enterprise declining services to the unvaccinated if they want to.
I can see the signs in the windows now...

No gays, no blacks and no unvaccinated.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Harry wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:03 pm
I also have no issues with private enterprise declining services to the unvaccinated if they want to.

Can I get that slogan on a cake?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

You been drinking tonight?
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Harry wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:01 pm It was a stretch but if schools can choose not to accept non-vaccinated kids in case they get sick, then how much of stretch is it to not accept already sick kids?
You don't choose not to accept non-vaccinated kids in case they get sick, you choose not to accept them in case they make other kids sick.
Harry wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:01 pm What about kids born with AIDS, they can infect other kids, should they be banned from schools?

Obviously not, but they probably go to school with some restrictions, based on the safety of others.
Harry wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:01 pm And if my kid is vaccinated against mumps, then why would I be bothered about him sitting next to a kid in school that wasn't?
C'mon - you're brighter than that, and stop trolling.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

weeksy wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:05 pm

You been drinking tonight?
Strange innit...i keep wanting to like his posts
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

And no Scousers or short people :)
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Greenman wrote:
Strange innit...i keep wanting to like his posts
A sure sign that Iccy’s on the wind-up. :D
moth

Post by moth »

I seem to have wandered into a whole field of these

the remaining space is populated with whataboutists.

And, is this fucking thing on?
moth wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:03 pm
wheelnut wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:39 pm
Supermofo wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:02 am I know there are school kids not having Measles etc jabs due to parents not wanting it and the only issue is that some of them then get it. Shit happens I guess. But should be a free choice.
Measles is increasing in developed countries and it's down to idiots not vaccinating their kids. Measles can be nasty and it does kill kids. But I agree, it should be free choice and we shouldn't force parents to vaccinate their kids.

However free choice works in other ways. Schools should have the free choice not to accept any kids without a full vaccination record. And they should use it.
Compulsory vaccination is a thing in other countries, and not all of them are hardline dictatorships.
Last time I looked, Belgians weren't exactly under the cosh.
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:05 pm You been drinking tonight?
I think it's funny that these people who only know western libertarianism want to start imposing mob rules on which people can go to public places, or which kids can go to school.

They're all scared and quivering like shitting dogs.
It reminds me of when AIDS first came out, the ignorant were refusing to go near gay people in case they somehow got infected.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Yorick wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:15 pm

And no Scousers or short people :)
Dogs welcome. (Just to rub it in, :))
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Harry wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:38 pm

I think it's funny that these people who only know western libertarianism want to start imposing mob rules on which people can go to public places, or which kids can go to school.

They're all scared and quivering like shitting dogs.
It reminds me of when AIDS first came out, the ignorant were refusing to go near gay people in case they somehow got infected.
Whatever. I’ll come back when you’ve climbed out from under the bridge.
The Martian

Post by The Martian »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:13 pm I reckon if you have enough energy to piss, moan and scream about it, you're probably going to pull through.
First rule of emergency triage!
The Martian

Post by The Martian »

Harry wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:38 pm It reminds me of when AIDS first came out, the ignorant were refusing to go near gay people in case they somehow got infected.
AIDS never came out, it was (incorrectly) labelled as gay ;)