Online competitions for cars, bikes and tech goodies.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Felix

Re: Online competitions for cars, bikes and tech goodies.

Post by Felix »

Closest farm to me is now run by women. I can see them loving that at nights up and down the fields during harvest :lol:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

This was worth fifty pence of my cash. Pretty standard FK2 Type R and then a daft modified 500bhp EP3. In all honesty, fun as a stupidly suped up EP3 would be, I think I'd keep the FK2 for Mrs. D's daily and have the cash instead of the grey one :lol:

https://www.clickcompetitions.co.uk/com ... vicdouble/

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I wish one of us would get a win. :pray: Win is good, whomever wins . I like being around win in all its forms. :thumbup:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I bought the wife £18 worth of scratchies yesterday and she won £15!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:30 am This was worth fifty pence of my cash. Pretty standard FK2 Type R and then a daft modified 500bhp EP3. In all honesty, fun as a stupidly suped up EP3 would be, I think I'd keep the FK2 for Mrs. D's daily and have the cash instead of the grey one :lol:

https://www.clickcompetitions.co.uk/com ... vicdouble/

You could take the cash on the other one to pay the tax and insurance on the EP3 for a year. :lol:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Count Steer wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:39 am You could take the cash on the other one to pay the tax and insurance on the EP3 for a year. :lol:
I'm old and dull enough now that I thought of that too :lol: Look at that list of mods! You'd never insure it and then you'd have an even harder time of flogging it :obscene-birdiedoublered:

Even on the FK2 I reckon I'd return it to stock :P
Potter

Post by Potter »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:30 am This was worth fifty pence of my cash. Pretty standard FK2 Type R and then a daft modified 500bhp EP3.
How does it put 500bhp down on a front wheel drive platform like that? I bet it's not much fun actually.

I'd happily have another Civic Type R but a standard one, any modification other than suspension upgrades is probably going to ruin it.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:43 am
Count Steer wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:39 am You could take the cash on the other one to pay the tax and insurance on the EP3 for a year. :lol:
I'm old and dull enough now that I thought of that too :lol: Look at that list of mods! You'd never insure it and then you'd have an even harder time of flogging it :obscene-birdiedoublered:

Even on the FK2 I reckon I'd return it to stock :P
I often wonder how they insure these heavily modded cars. LLF competitions often do remapped, mega BHP cars and i think HTF do you insure a 700bhp 140i?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I'm in for the £300k on RevComps tonight! 8-) But if you forgot your tickets, theres £100k or this old nail on XClusive...

2021 MCLAREN 720S LUXURY + £5K OR £100,000 + £50,000 INSTANT WINS!

https://xclusivecompetitions.com/compet ... -k1AKLB002

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

2021 - TRIUMPH SCRAMBLER 1200 - STEVE MQUEEN EDITION - OWNED BY OLLIE OLLERTON FROM TV SERIES SAS WHO DARES WINS - 12TH JUNE

https://www.aspirecomps.co.uk/shop/prod ... -12th-june

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Taipan wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:27 pm 2 charity comps from RevComps! Lovely drophead and auto too. great daily and summer car. I'll have a tenners worth on this. :thumbup:

A HUGE THANKS TO OUR SUPPLIERS AND PARTNERS WHO HAVE KINDLY BOUGHT AND DONATED THIS STUNNING AUDI TT FOR US TO RAFFLE OFF FOR OUR TOY DRIVE 2023.

100% OF PROCEEDS FROM THIS RAFFLE WILL GO INTO OUR TOY DRIVE 2023 FUND – WHICH WILL BE SPENT ON BRINGING XMAS TO 100S OF CHILDREN IN POVERTY AROUND THE TORBAY AREA.

IF YOU DON’T WANT THE AUDI TT YOU CAN TAKE £11,000 CASH ALTERNATIVE INSTEAD.

Back on again?

https://www.revcomps.com/product/2015-a ... ro-1000-2/
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Has anyone posted retroshite competitions yet?

https://retroshite.com/
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

£3.39 for a possible £225k. I'm in like Flynn! :thumbup:

Elite Competitions
·
🏠In case you missed it this morning, we've launched the UK's CHEAPEST-EVER house competition! A truly life-changing prize!
Just £3.39 per entry and you could be mortgage-free for the rest of your life or take the whopping £225,000 tax-free cash alternative!
But wait, it gets better, there's also 2,000 InstaWin prizes ready to be won! Including cars, watches, bikes, holidays, tech & more!
Hit below to get involved! Good Luck!
👉 https://elitecompetitions.co.uk/competi ... yGoqE5ItZW

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Lambo Spyder! :wub: I'd take the £140k, but this is the only supercar that would half tempt me!

THIS 2016 LAMBORGHINI HURACAN LP610-4 SPYDER + £5K OR £140K CASH ALTERNATIVE COULD BE YOURS FOR JUST £11.97!

ONLY 19999 TOTAL TICKETS AVAILABLE

FREE NATIONWIDE DELIVERY TO THE WINNER

£5,000 INCLUDED IF THE WINNER TAKES THE LAMBORGHINI HURACAN SPYDER

OR

£140,000 TAX FREE CASH

FULL DETAILS:

2016 LAMBORGHINI HURACAN LP610-4 SPYDER
5.2L V10 610 bhp
7 Speed Dual Clutch Automatic Gearbox
Paddle Shift
20,800 miles
LP610-4 (all wheel drive)
Lamborghini Extended Warranty Until 8/8/24
Lamborghini Service Record (7 Serviced plus PDI)
12 months MOT
Blue Cepheus Metallic
Nero Ade Suede Leather Stitched In Blue
Lamborghini Sports Exhaust
Style Package
Windscreen In High Gloss Black
Electric Seats
Cruise Control
Reversing Camera Plus Sensors
Bluetooth
Dab
Navigation
Branding Package
Ccb Carbon Ceramic Brakes With Black Calipers
Suspension Lifting System
20 Inch Giano Black Wheels
Magneto-Rheological Suspension
Extensive PPF Paint Protection Film
+ Loads More

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

You could happily Potter round the lanes in this... :thumbup:

The Morgan 4/4, first introduced in 1936, holds the distinction of being the longest-running production car in the world. The 2011 model retains the recognisable Morgan aesthetic with its handcrafted ash wood frame, and aluminium body panels. Powered by a Ford Sigma 1.6-litre engine paired with a five-speed manual gearbox, our Morgan 4/4 provides a spirited and enjoyable drive. The interior features leather upholstery, a wooden dashboard, and vintage-style gauges.

However, what makes our 2011 Morgan 4/4 extra special is its low mileage. With just over 1000 miles on the clock, this car is essentially brand new. Low-mileage vehicles, particularly those as desirable as the Morgan 4/4, are highly sought after in the collector car market. The minimal wear and tear ensures that the car remains as close to its original state as possible, which significantly enhances its appeal and potential value.

From an investment perspective, the low mileage of our Morgan is very important. Collector cars often appreciate over time, especially when they are well-preserved examples of notable models. The demand for low-mileage classics is consistently high because they offer a near-pristine representation of the original vehicle, free from the wear that naturally accumulates with regular use. As such, our 2011 Morgan 4/4 with its 1400 miles, is set to see a steady increase in value as time progresses, making it not only a stunning car to own but also a fantastic financial investment.

To give the lucky winner the opportunity to keep mileage low on the car, 12 months of free storage at our secure storage facility is included with the car. If this option is taken, the car will be kept in a Carcoon – a climate-controlled bubble to ensure that it is kept in optimal conditions, protecting it from the elements and maintaining its condition. By keeping the car in a stable environment like this, its integrity and value are preserved.

Our 2011 Morgan 4/4 with just over 1000 miles on the clock represents a rare opportunity to own a vehicle that is highly likely to appreciate substantially in value. Its low mileage, classic design, and the included 12 months of secure, climate-controlled storage make it a chance to make a long-term investment for just a few pounds.

Extremely low mileage covering just 1400 from new
1.6-litre engine with 5-speed manual gearbox
Finished in Sports Black with Saddle Brown leather interior
Sports recline seats
Sigma dash
12-months free climate-controlled storage included
Comes with a history file containing photos of the car being hand-built by Morgan
Bridge Classic Cars Pre-Delivery Inspection

https://www.bridgeclassiccarscompetitio ... EkV3sCk8MZ

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

The thing most forget is "where are you going to park this". I mean a Morgan or a £200,000 Lambo, you're not just going to leave it outside your house are you ? Open to the elements, kids with balls, dirt from the roads, rain, etc .
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

weeksy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:31 am The thing most forget is "where are you going to park this". I mean a Morgan or a £200,000 Lambo, you're not just going to leave it outside your house are you ? Open to the elements, kids with balls, dirt from the roads, rain, etc .
Don't forget jealousy vandalism too! Anything nice attracts it! :roll: :x
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I'd doubt you'd even get insurance to leave your 200k Lambo parked on the street!
Potter

Post by Potter »

Taipan wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:49 am
weeksy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:31 am The thing most forget is "where are you going to park this". I mean a Morgan or a £200,000 Lambo, you're not just going to leave it outside your house are you ? Open to the elements, kids with balls, dirt from the roads, rain, etc .
Don't forget jealousy vandalism too! Anything nice attracts it! :roll: :x
I expect most people winning one of these cars will take the cash alternative or sell it quickly, unless they can house it properly.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:52 pm I'd doubt you'd even get insurance to leave your 200k Lambo parked on the street!
There are a few secure vehicle storage places near to us. One of them also does American vehicle restoration (might get that step-sided Chevvy pick--up one day :D ). They have a fair bit of exotica that people take out on high days and holidays (and shows). I'd probably do something like that if I was interested in one of these 'dream car' auctions - and won.

TBH though I'd rather they did something like 'win this completely unmodified Q7 or Q8 + 3 years insurance and servicing'. :D