When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Noggin

Re: When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Post by Noggin »

Old Sensible out with a Benelli and a GS1200 :D :D

Old Sensible really isn't as sensible as she looks :1 :1 :1 :lol: :lol: :lol:

A bit chilly up in Tignes, but a blooming awesome ride there and back :D

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
dern

Post by dern »

Stunning day today.

3EA60A0A-92D1-4218-8C3A-D9FB4EB0B8A5.jpeg
3EA60A0A-92D1-4218-8C3A-D9FB4EB0B8A5.jpeg (309.03 KiB) Viewed 576 times
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

dern wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:50 pm Stunning day today.

You need to bring that over so I can go out on a bike and get it dirty
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

I took the Street Triple out earlier,fist time this Autumn that I've worn my winter gloves but I could have got away with my Summer one's,not bad for mid November :thumbup:

The road surfaces weren't the best,but there were no Power Rangers on them :D

Even when the road surface was good there were plenty of leaves :shock:

For November it's been really mild,other days have been better but I've been in work or out on the mountain bike.
More of the same tomorrow :thumbup:
dern

Post by dern »

weeksy wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:55 pm
dern wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:50 pm Stunning day today.

You need to bring that over so I can go out on a bike and get it dirty
I can’t let you do that as I never clean it so it’s always dirty 😎
Skub

Post by Skub »

Out today for the first time in weeks. Very mild 15 degrees,no heated gear and Summer gloves. Roads dry,but not entirely trustworthy. Not Summer dry.

Global warming rocks. Now if we could fine tune it to bring less rain too,that'd be class. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
tricol

Post by tricol »

Made it out today whislt the sun was out and roads were dry. Well, some of them were. Headed out up onto the cat and fiddle road which was nice. Bit windy and quite cold, but dry. Then over the hill towards Buxton and beyond, and it seemed like I switched seasons instantly. Dull, very cold, very misty and the roads were wet. I really am terrible at riding in the wet. At any slight lean of the bike it felt like I was on ice and nearly binned it a few times. If the Michelin Road 5's are classed as a great all weather tyre, I'd hate to ride a bike on a crap tyre! Felt like I had no grip. Decided to find my quickest way back to the other side of the hill and do a few more miles in the sun.

So, I kinda went out in good form and returned a bit peeved off from my nervousness in the wet greasy conditions. I can't play with the grip levels on a bike like you can in a car for example where you can get away with some tyre slip, feel where that limit is and keep it between the hedges. I just can't get any meaningful feedback at all to know when I have grip and when I don't. Gave the bike a good clean and tucked it away under the cover, probably for another month or two.
Yamaha MT09 SP
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

tricol wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:49 pm can't play with the grip levels on a bike like you can in a car for example where you can get away with some tyre slip, feel where that limit is and keep it between the hedges. I just can't get any meaningful feedback at all to know when I have grip and when I don't.
Oddly enough, that's what you can get with a less-grippy tyre.

The only tyre that's really scared me was a mega-grippy road tyre. Achieving big lean angles was effortless, but gave no sense of where the tyre was about to cry 'enough'. I'd rather have less grip and a bit more slip.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Skub

Post by Skub »

tricol wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:49 pm Made it out today whislt the sun was out and roads were dry. Well, some of them were. Headed out up onto the cat and fiddle road which was nice. Bit windy and quite cold, but dry. Then over the hill towards Buxton and beyond, and it seemed like I switched seasons instantly. Dull, very cold, very misty and the roads were wet. I really am terrible at riding in the wet. At any slight lean of the bike it felt like I was on ice and nearly binned it a few times. If the Michelin Road 5's are classed as a great all weather tyre, I'd hate to ride a bike on a crap tyre! Felt like I had no grip. Decided to find my quickest way back to the other side of the hill and do a few more miles in the sun.

So, I kinda went out in good form and returned a bit peeved off from my nervousness in the wet greasy conditions. I can't play with the grip levels on a bike like you can in a car for example where you can get away with some tyre slip, feel where that limit is and keep it between the hedges. I just can't get any meaningful feedback at all to know when I have grip and when I don't. Gave the bike a good clean and tucked it away under the cover, probably for another month or two.
If you are riding stiff and overly wary of grip levels,this can be a self fulfilling act. Think how you ride on a warm dry road in good condition,relaxed and just enjoying the bike,wet or damp roads are much the same,just dialled back a bit,leaving room for error. Fully wet roads have way more consistent grip than greasy,damp roads.

In the damp or wet I tend to judge grip with the rear tyre,it's much easier and safer to feel the rear slipping than the front which is a perilous activity and beyond my skill level.
Walt Whitman
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

I took the Streety to my mates to swap the front sprocket & fit a new chain.I fitted a new rear sprocket yesterday,but don't have a air impact gun for the front sprocket nut.He only lives 1 1/2 miles away so we did the sprocket & chain there,then I took the scenic route home,20 miles later & everything's good :thumbup:

One of those rare occasions when the chain & sprockets are cleaner than the bike :D
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

RockStore today:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set?set= ... j9QuRDmA3E

Rode the '95 ZX11 today, friend said he was taking his '97.. Bizarre coinkydink on the way there... was making good progress on the freeway & see a bike coming up behind me at a good clip. I move to the left of the car pool lane to give him room to pass & a C model ZX11 appears off my right elbow :)
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

And then this showed up....

Scootabout

Post by Scootabout »

Someone pointed a wide angle lens at my bike.
This was taken earlier this month on a group ride from Westerham to the Custom Cafe at Bexhill-on-Sea.
rsz_1v85tt-lswmc-nov2022.jpg
rsz_1v85tt-lswmc-nov2022.jpg (413.02 KiB) Viewed 329 times
Skub

Post by Skub »

It stopped raining today,so I ventured out for a short run. Roads weren't too bad until I took a windy back road which was damp with farm muck trailed out in places. Oh well,it'll give me something to clean at least! Amazing there is no salt about yet.

I also had a look for Nissan huts,but couldn't find a one. Even google didn't help.

Walt Whitman
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

My bike had it's first service today so we're free :P I had a sump guard fitted which has a horrible rattle over 6k revs - sounds like Daffy Duck being strangled and screams "NOT COOL!". I will sort that out myself rather than ride to the dealers. I went for a ride around Sussex and then down to the sea front for a coffee with the seagulls. Lovely day for it, lots of sunshine.

I tried to take a picture of Clayton Tunnel, north portal but the sun was too low so no bonus points.
Lockdown refugee
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Went out looking for a Nissen hut for the riding challenge round the slippery lanes of Kent.

Didn’t find any I could get close enough to but did see a building near Detling aerodrome of similar style.

Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Gregor wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:09 pm Went out looking for a Nissen hut for the riding challenge round the slippery lanes of Kent.

Didn’t find any I could get close enough to but did see a building near Detling aerodrome of similar style.

Surely that's a win - get it in the other thread and lets move on - no nissen huts around here :D
Lockdown refugee
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Gregor wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:09 pm Went out looking for a Nissen hut for the riding challenge round the slippery lanes of Kent.

They weren't all the narrow version we are used to seeing, you can still buy new ones here up to 75ft wide.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Trinity765 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:36 pm

Surely that's a win - get it in the other thread and lets move on - no nissen huts around here :D
Yeah,get it in the other thread man. :thumbup:
Walt Whitman
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Skub wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:21 pm
Trinity765 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:36 pm

Yeah,get it in the other thread man. :thumbup:
Le grande Meldrew will have a case of the vapours :P, anyway I’m having fun riding around looking for these on old WW2 airbases and farms, there are loads in Kent.