This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Saga Lout

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by Saga Lout »

mangocrazy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:43 pm
Saga Lout wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:39 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:25 pm

So when an IT glitch brings down a company website it's clearly the CEO that's made an unwise coding or parameter change?
No.

But if the CEO says "Hey, we're getting some flak about our mission statement, just copy and paste the old shit from the last CEO to keep the buggers happy." Yes, he is to blame.
Do you actually think that a Presidential candidate gets involved in the nuts and bolts of website maintenance? There would be multiple levels of management between Harris and whichever clueless sap actually did the copy and paste. One or more levels of management (as well as the clueless sap) will be having squeaky bum time about now.
Well, she wants to be president, here's a former president showing how it's done
At the recreation of the Truman Oval Office at the Truman Library in 1959, former President Truman poses by his old desk which has the famous "The Buck Stops Here" sign.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Trump told Kamala to end the debate, wake up Biden and tell him to do his job. LOL!!!

Kamala Harris actually said that January 6th was the worst attack on our democracy since the civil war…The day before 9/11.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Not sure if the "result" of this stage managed "debate" is as cut and dried as I thought it would be.

Kamala was certainly well prepared, as were the hosts, clearly on her side and clearly anti Trump.

It will be a disaster for the world if whoever is running the Biden/Harris administration is allowed to continue...
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:57 pm I am fully expecting it to be an unmitigated disaster for Harris.

She is as dumb as a brick and there's no way she will be able to hide that no matter how helpful the pre prepared questions they feed her.
Or perhaps not ….

Harris did very well. Pretty much showed up Trump for what he is while managing not to get dragged down in to her own weak areas.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

The biggest news of the night is someone ate Santa's Little Helper and a singer backs Harris.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Saga Lout wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:06 pm
Well, she's in charge of her campaign (allegedly). Where do YOU think the buck stops?
My CEO would tear IT a new one, justifiably.
He wouldn't have a clue how to fix it.
He's more PR, so he'd probably smile and slither around your daft questions. As you'd expect.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:57 pm
She is as dumb as a brick and there's no way she will be able to hide that no matter how helpful the pre prepared questions they feed her.
I dunno how the prepared questions could lead Trump into setting out what we're all desperate to find out - why oh why are those immigrants eating all our pets.

Yeah. Harris is dumb.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

wheelnut wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:18 am
Screwdriver wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:57 pm I am fully expecting it to be an unmitigated disaster for Harris.

Or perhaps not ….

Harris did very well. Pretty much showed up Trump for what he is while managing not to get dragged down in to her own weak areas.
"Her weak areas"? You mean policy?...

Trump obviously thought he would be able deal with the stage managed hostile environment and he was wrong. That was always a risk, in a debate where real journalists ask real questions, Kamala would be totally lost. It's why she has been hiding away all this time. Being arrogant and assuming he would be able to debate Kamala anywhere anyhow could cost him the presidency.

ABC: "Kamala, everybody loves you, why are you so fabulous?"

ABC: "Same question to you Trump. We all hate you, why are you such a cunt?"

The only positive thing to come out of this debacle is how obvious the bias was. ABC incorrectly "fact checking" Trump and allowing Harris to spread the same lies they have been using in their more overt propaganda campaign.

No doubt Trump did not come out of that situation well, what effect that will have on the election is unknown. There is just enough time for the Harris charade to fall apart all by itself though.
Plato
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Screwdriver wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:27 am
wheelnut wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:18 am

Or perhaps not ….

"Her weak areas"? You mean policy?...

Trump obviously thought he would be able deal with the stage managed hostile environment and he was wrong. That was always a risk, in a debate where real journalists ask real questions, Kamala would be totally lost. It's why she has been hiding away all this time. Being arrogant and assuming he would be able to debate Kamala anywhere anyhow could cost him the presidency.

ABC: "Kamala, everybody loves you, why are you so fabulous?"

ABC: "Same question to you Trump. We all hate you, why are you such a cunt?"

The only positive thing to come out of this debacle is how obvious the bias was. ABC incorrectly "fact checking" Trump and allowing Harris to spread the same lies they have been using in their more overt propaganda campaign.

No doubt Trump did not come out of that situation well, what effect that will have on the election is unknown. There is just enough time for the Harris charade to fall apart all by itself though.
Do the illegals eat all the dogs, then?
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

What they should have asked him -

'How big a margin would she have to win by for you to accept you actually lost?'

PS. I now predict large numbers of missing pets in Springfield and suspicious mounds of earth in the yards of houses with MAGA posters in the windows. :D
Voltaire
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

mangocrazy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:43 pm
Saga Lout wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:39 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:25 pm

So when an IT glitch brings down a company website it's clearly the CEO that's made an unwise coding or parameter change?
No.

But if the CEO says "Hey, we're getting some flak about our mission statement, just copy and paste the old shit from the last CEO to keep the buggers happy." Yes, he is to blame.
Do you actually think that a Presidential candidate gets involved in the nuts and bolts of website maintenance? There would be multiple levels of management between Harris and whichever clueless sap actually did the copy and paste. One or more levels of management (as well as the clueless sap) will be having squeaky bum time about now.
Not in the nuts and bolts, but our SMT okay the final version that goes live.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mr Moofo wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:34 am Do the illegals eat all the dogs, then?
Not all of them silly. But there are videos out there of animal remains which have been ritually slaughtered or mutilated.

Circumstantial regarding pets except for reports of migrants cooking wild ducks by the roadside! ISTR reading they are outside large gang controlled slum housing and selling it to the residents.

Difficult to establish the truth but it will come out over time.

Are you saying all the reports of pets going missing in areas flooded with migrants are false?
Plato
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 4:03 am Trump told Kamala to end the debate, wake up Biden and tell him to do his job. LOL!!!

Kamala Harris actually said that January 6th was the worst attack on our democracy since the civil war…The day before 9/11.
I know the media cherry pick the clips but wtf was she waffling on about lipstick on white coffee cup lids! :wtf: From what I've seen she isn't exactly a winning candidate and doesn't come across well. I do find it extraordinary that America can't put forward some ore suitable candidates, on both sides too, but at least I can understand Trumps angle.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Screwdriver wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:00 am
Mr Moofo wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:34 am Do the illegals eat all the dogs, then?
Not all of them silly. But there are videos out there of animal remains which have been ritually slaughtered or mutilated.

Circumstantial regarding pets except for reports of migrants cooking wild ducks by the roadside! ISTR reading they are outside large gang controlled slum housing and selling it to the residents.

Are you saying all the reports of pets going missing in areas flooded with migrants are false?
Where I live there's been quite a problem with eastern europeans scoffing all the carp out of the local fishing lake! I thought it was a wind up originally, but then my Nephews Lithuanian girlfriend told us carp is widely eaten where she's from!

https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/off ... 69238.html
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Yes, these are great policies to focus on in an election eh? Lots of hilarious desperate attempts to justify Trump's insufferable random chin-music. He was about to tell us those immigrants only eat pets wearing little MAGA hats, so much juicier when they taste of fear.

Trump's rested on his laurels the last few years, too easy waiting for the next Biden trip or fumble. Funny how this televised debate with Harris was 'fixed' but he couldn't get enough of televised debates with Biden. The wheels are coming off! :D Must be time to get the sympathy ear bandage out.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:49 am What they should have asked him -

'How big a margin would she have to win by for you to accept you actually lost?'
Genuinely surprised we haven't seen more groundwork being laid on this topic. I'd have expected pre-amble to election fixing claims by now :D
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:56 am

Genuinely surprised we haven't seen more groundwork being laid on this topic. I'd have expected pre-amble to election fixing claims by now :D
Oh I'm sure Dominion will be mentioned before long. :D
Voltaire
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Such a shame. It was all going so well until Biden so inconsiderately stepped down and Trump became the doddering old white guy in the race.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Taipan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:05 am
Screwdriver wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:00 am

Where I live there's been quite a problem with eastern europeans scoffing all the carp out of the local fishing lake! I thought it was a wind up originally, but then my Nephews Lithuanian girlfriend told us carp is widely eaten where she's from!

https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/off ... 69238.html
And they live in the USA?
Horse

Post by Horse »

PS. I now predict large numbers of missing pets in Springfield and suspicious mounds of earth in the yards of houses with MAGA posters in the windows. :D
I asked that ages ago, possibly in this thread when predictions of grief were made, should he lose.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave: