Have Derbyshire police lost the plot?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Wreckless Rat

Re: Have Derbyshire police lost the plot?

Post by Wreckless Rat »

weeksy wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:37 pm
irie wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:24 am

These "Main pre-existing conditions" are from the ONS (2020) and are ranked with the highest risk first.

Fracture of femur
How's that one work then ? I've got one of them... Not now of course, but once upon a time.
Clearly doesnt affect you now then...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:03 pm

These "Main pre-existing conditions" are from the ONS (2020) and are ranked with the highest risk first.

Fracture of femur
How's that one work then ? I've got one of them... Not now of course, but once upon a time.
Clearly doesnt affect you now then...
No, but i wasn't sure if that meant a previously fractured femur would be a pre-existing complication that could cause issues, or only if it's a currently broken one.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Bigjawa wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:59 pm Last lockdown, all the car parks were closed. This was the car park at Loughshore yesterday.

The day after so called tough lockdown regs came in. Cafe open, ice cream vans, playground open.

It's not this busy on a summer Sunday, people are taking the piss.

There are several similarly sized car parks close to each other near me in the forest and hold maybe 1000 cars between them. On one visit in between lockdowns they were all full but there was loads of space and everyone was keeping their social distance, a packed car park does not mean there's a problem. Too many dogs was a problem and causing cows to panic but that's not a pandemic issue.
irie

Post by irie »

Fracture of femur
I guess that being admitted to hospital with a fractured femur risks having bleeding and clotting issues, as well as surgery risks.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

JamJar wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:43 pm I think one problem is that no one really knows what pre existing condition means and think it means really sick people when in fact it can and often does mean people who would have been fine i.e. diabetics or obese people.

Dementia and Alzheimer's disease
Ischaemic heart diseases
Influenza and pneumonia
Chronic lower respiratory diseases
Cerebrovascular diseases
Diabetes
Diseases of the urinary system
Hypertensive diseases *
Heart failure and complications and ill-defined heart disease
Malignant neoplasms of lymphoid haematopoietic and related tissue
Malignant neoplasm of trachea bronchus and lung
Parkinson's disease
Malignant neoplasm of prostate
Cardiac arrhythmias
Cirrhosis and other diseases of liver
Fracture of femur
Pulmonary oedema and other intestinal pulmonary diseases
Malignant neoplasms of breast
(more)

hth

Edit *
Hypertensive heart disease refers to heart problems that occur because of high blood pressure that is present over a long time. Hypertension is a disorder characterized by consistently high blood pressure.
More here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... gh-blood-p
I've searched the ONS website and can't find that list. Do you have a link?

The last information I saw for what they call co-morbidities had chronic kidney disease as third or fourth most frequent. It doesn't appear in your list.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

'Fracture of the femur' includes the classic broken hip doesn't it, almost the cliché old person injury.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

It’s also concerning the amount of idiots that think because most deaths have some pre-existing conditions - it’s a massive overblown scenario having lockdowns etc.

Depending on which list you read, the list varies, but hypertension, vascular issues, heart issues, asthma, COPD, cancers... that’s a pretty big chunk of the population who carry increased risk. A large percentage of these people aren’t about to drop down dead in the next 5/10 even 20yrs, if they don’t catch covid. There are also a lot of people walking about undiagnosed with various conditions, everything from heart, vascular and lung conditions.

I have zero time for people putting others at risk because they think they are immune to death from it, because they have (or think they have) no known conditions that put them at risk. Yes, while they might not die, they may well pass it on, asymptotically, and kill someone else, or load the NHS up more meaning someone else dies because they had to ration ICU beds..
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:45 am
JamJar wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:40 am Fracture of femur? So a broken leg is a pre existing condition!
"He was like that when I got here"
That's my line! :angry-cussingblack:

I guess if you are weakened by a severe injury (femur!) that's bad enough but I suspect it also exposes some nooks and crannies you really don't want a virus to be feeding off. It is a clever little fucker by all accounts. Let's just hope the CCP don't improve the recipe.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

DEADPOOL wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:12 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:45 am
JamJar wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:40 am Fracture of femur? So a broken leg is a pre existing condition!
"He was like that when I got here"
That's my line! :angry-cussingblack:

I guess if you are weakened by a severe injury (femur!) that's bad enough but I suspect it also exposes some nooks and crannies you really don't want a virus to be feeding off. It is a clever little fucker by all accounts. Let's just hope the CCP don't improve the recipe.
It's a virus, it doesn't have any intelligence. Maybe the little fuckers that created it are clever little fuckers but the virus? No.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Saga Lout wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:41 pm It's a virus, it doesn't have any intelligence. Maybe the little fuckers that created it are clever little fuckers but the virus? No.
Damned clever those Chinese but don't be fooled by anthropogenic measures of intelligence. It took the combined effort of all humanity just to mimic something our bodies should develop automatically. It is still a novel virus so far as our built in defences are concerned and we're not out of the woods yet. At the moment, it does not appear to have evolved to become more deadly to its host, merely more infectious.

Because it is novel, who knows what strategy it might come up with next? All viruses mutate, all the time but this one is in a new type of host, it has not had the thousands (?) of years of evolution to settle into a symbiotic relationship with its host. It could just as easily mutate into a more deadly strain, possibly in an asymptomatic form. You won't know you have it until you drop dead.

Just sayin'...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

DEADPOOL wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:19 pm
Saga Lout wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:41 pm It's a virus, it doesn't have any intelligence. Maybe the little fuckers that created it are clever little fuckers but the virus? No.
Damned clever those Chinese but don't be fooled by anthropogenic measures of intelligence. It took the combined effort of all humanity just to mimic something our bodies should develop automatically. It is still a novel virus so far as our built in defences are concerned and we're not out of the woods yet. At the moment, it does not appear to have evolved to become more deadly to its host, merely more infectious.

Because it is novel, who knows what strategy it might come up with next? All viruses mutate, all the time but this one is in a new type of host, it has not had the thousands (?) of years of evolution to settle into a symbiotic relationship with its host. It could just as easily mutate into a more deadly strain, possibly in an asymptomatic form. You won't know you have it until you drop dead.

Just sayin'...
So you don't believe it came from the initial bloke ate bat scenario?
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

weeksy wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:24 pm

Does anybody? :o
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

weeksy wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:24 pm
DEADPOOL wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:19 pm

Just sayin'...
The market that the first cases had nothing to do with, no trace was found at, just down the road from the virus lab that had been playing with coronaviruses for years, whose strains came from a set of caves 1500 miles away, which has been proven to be the likely original source of the virus...

That “story” fell on its arse ages ago.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

weeksy wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:24 pm So you don't believe it came from the initial bloke ate bat scenario?
I haven't looked recently though I'm not sure which way the "truth" evolves these days.

Received wisdom tells me it was most likely a typical bat virus (which happen to be crazy weird) which somehow infected a pangolin (a "delicacy if you can believe it) most likely in the filthy conditions of a live animal market.

Someone either ate the thing (they'll eat anything) or became infected after interacting with the pangolin. It might have sneezed remembering both bat and pangolin are mammals.

I personally do not subscribe to the "weaponised virus built in a Chinese lab" thing. The proximity of the known labs is not a coincidence because that's apparently where you can find plenty of bats to experiment with. We will probably never know if it was a virus which escaped from a lab or was brought into the market on a live bat.

Live wild animal marketplaces are fantastically disgusting places. I think they're supposedly banned now but again, I wouldn't believe a word of anything that is authenticated by the CCP.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Wrong, the bats are 1500 miles away.

Pangolin 😂😂 the words from CCP while they quickly dispensed with the evidence, refused full access. The story is utter bullshit.

It’s not weaponised - it escaped the lab, which was reported more than once for having poor bio-controls, unskilled staff handling highly dangerous materials.
irie

Post by irie »

Saga Lout wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:16 pm
JamJar wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:43 pm I think one problem is that no one really knows what pre existing condition means and think it means really sick people when in fact it can and often does mean people who would have been fine i.e. diabetics or obese people.

Dementia and Alzheimer's disease
Ischaemic heart diseases
Influenza and pneumonia
Chronic lower respiratory diseases
Cerebrovascular diseases
Diabetes
Diseases of the urinary system
Hypertensive diseases *
Heart failure and complications and ill-defined heart disease
Malignant neoplasms of lymphoid haematopoietic and related tissue
Malignant neoplasm of trachea bronchus and lung
Parkinson's disease
Malignant neoplasm of prostate
Cardiac arrhythmias
Cirrhosis and other diseases of liver
Fracture of femur
Pulmonary oedema and other intestinal pulmonary diseases
Malignant neoplasms of breast
(more)

hth

Edit *
Hypertensive heart disease refers to heart problems that occur because of high blood pressure that is present over a long time. Hypertension is a disorder characterized by consistently high blood pressure.
More here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... gh-blood-p
I've searched the ONS website and can't find that list. Do you have a link?

The last information I saw for what they call co-morbidities had chronic kidney disease as third or fourth most frequent. It doesn't appear in your list.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=%2Fpeop ... ables.xlsx

Table 5.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Once the fires out, they'll look harder to how it started. Heard that before somewhere. 😉
Yamaha rocket 3
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Dodgy knees wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:34 pm Once the fires out, they'll look harder to how it started. Heard that before somewhere. 😉
That will be a massive comfort to those who have died. And will leave time for China to remove ALL the evidence.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:46 pm Wrong, the bats are 1500 miles away.
Perhaps they were but having the largest live animal market next door is the key issue here. Perhaps you suggest it could only be true if they built a modern laboratory on the side of a hill next to a bat cave. That would be compelling if somewhat naive. A thinking person might recognise the easiest place to find a wild animal is in a zoo.
Wreckless Rat wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:46 pm Pangolin 😂😂 the words from CCP while they quickly dispensed with the evidence, refused full access. The story is utter bullshit.

It’s not weaponised - it escaped the lab, which was reported more than once for having poor bio-controls, unskilled staff handling highly dangerous materials.
Aha. The mystery has been solved! Excellent. Can you provide conclusive evidence for this confirmed back story or is it just in your head?
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

DEADPOOL wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:34 am
Wreckless Rat wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:46 pm Wrong, the bats are 1500 miles away.
Perhaps they were but having the largest live animal market next door is the key issue here. Perhaps you suggest it could only be true if they built a modern laboratory on the side of a hill next to a bat cave. That would be compelling if somewhat naive. A thinking person might recognise the easiest place to find a wild animal is in a zoo.
Wreckless Rat wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:46 pm Pangolin 😂😂 the words from CCP while they quickly dispensed with the evidence, refused full access. The story is utter bullshit.

Aha. The mystery has been solved! Excellent. Can you provide conclusive evidence for this confirmed back story or is it just in your head?
After you prove it came from the market, rather than just the word of the CCP propaganda machine.

However, assuming you can use google, you can find out that China also had two, possibly three SARs outbreaks related to poor controls in their labs, and the fact that Beijing ordered labs to destroy early samples of coronaviruses, also the concerns raised about the Wuhan Lab and its poor bio controls, the US (who were funding some of the research raised concerns about poor controls, incorrectly trained staff in 2018.

So, if you can come up with some conclusive evidence of the pangolin story, seeing how no trace was found, no infected animal was located and the first cases had no link to the wet market.... I'm sure we would like to see it, because so far, the pangolin story has zero published evidence, just the word of the CCP.