What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
cheb

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by cheb »

Why not buy it online? It seems to be easily done, but I'd rather not post a link.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:44 am
gremlin wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:31 am Tried to buy some Metacam (doggie painkiller, think ibuprofen for mutts) online, as my dog is limping, having no doubt done some soft tissue damage running about like the twat-arsed Border Collie she is. No can do, needs a vet prescription.

I know if I ring the vet, it will be a case of, 'You need to bring her in NOW! She's in mortal danger! It's imperative you come...and don't forget your method of payment. We accept all major credit cards...'. And I have no doubt, they will tell me, after a brief, but expensive, consultation, that she's hurt her leg due to her being a nine year-old, twat-arsed Border Collie, and thus being prone to running about like a loon. And I will concur. And then they'll prescribe some Metacam, at a vastly inflated price.

How is it, I can buy human prescription-only medication online, having only answered a few run-of-the-mill questions, but I can't do that for my hound? It's almost as if they're more concerned with making money than providing a service... :hmmm:
Finally managed to get through to the vet about 6pm last night. Explained that the dog had had Metacam previously with no issues, was eating fine, not bothering the limb in question, no other signs to give me concern and no reaction to manipulating the limb. Could you give me a prescription for Metacam just to relieve the discomfort?

No sir, you need to bring her in for a consultation.

OK, how about this? I bring her in and if it's soft-tissue damage and you prescribe some Metacam, do I get a refund on the unnecessary consultation?

No, sir. I'm afraid we can't do that.

I think this sums up the industry. Rather than give something to relieve the discomfort of the animal, they're more concerned with the bottom line P&L. I really do think the whole industry needs a bit of a review in terms of consumer protection.
The CMA seems to concur: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68534697
Welcome to late-stage capitalism, everything is a marketable commodity, including your pet's pain and discomfort. :(
non quod, sed quomodo
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

cheb wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:59 am Why not buy it online? It seems to be easily done, but I'd rather not post a link.
I thought that, but all the UK sites want you to upload a prescription.

If you've got one that doesn't, PM me the link. :thumbup:

Update: Mrs. G. just sent me a 10 second video of the dog walking around, virtually as right as rain. :eh: I reckon the mutt was just faking it for a bit of Disability Living Allowance....
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

I've driven up to Topuklu Plateau on Sandras Mt. I lied the other day, we're not at 7000 ft, only 5200 ft ish (1600m). Apologies.

Tent is up, telescope is mostly set up, time to see if there's a cup of çay going. :banana-dance:
cheb

Post by cheb »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 12:33 pm
cheb wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:59 am Why not buy it online? It seems to be easily done, but I'd rather not post a link.

Update: Mrs. G. just sent me a 10 second video of the dog walking around, virtually as right as rain. :eh: I reckon the mutt was just faking it for a bit of Disability Living Allowance....
I didn't go that far into looking for it. Is it also available for humans in the correct dosage?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

cheb wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:54 pm
gremlin wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 12:33 pm

I didn't go that far into looking for it. Is it also available for humans in the correct dosage?
Metacam is the brand name. Not sure if it works on humans, and even if it did, a packet of own-brand ibuprofen is a bloody sight cheaper.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Rode a bit further than I should have done after a big physio session yesterday! He worked quite a lot on my upper arm yesterday as, where the bicep is 'tied off" is really quite uncomfortable and this has started moving out to other areas a smidge - mostly my elbow

Normally after a big session I don't do a lot the next day, but I'd already planned to go see the council house place and had a coffee machine to drop up to some mates.

Office didn't open as early as I thought, so went up to Doucy to drop off the coffee machine - sat and chatted cars and bikes for too long, so had to rush to Bourg to meet a mate for coffee (one of the very few I don't bail on as he's struggling with life and the universe right now - we kinda prop each other up!). Then had to go back to Moutiers to the office, then came home!!

The ride home was painful - good job I've got physio tomorrow!!

Soo - now the weather is lovely, I'm having to have a day off bikes tomorrow (and probably Saturday :( ) :( :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
David

Post by David »

On the marine parade in weston super mud today( i work as a parking attendant there) i met the other half as a porshe pulled up ahead of me. Reg was D1CK H.
Cught a glimpse of the driver, and sure enough it was the hamster.
Filming for drivetribe, apparently.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

David wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:35 pm On the marine parade in weston super mud today( i work as a parking attendant there) i met the other half as a porshe pulled up ahead of me. Reg was D1CK H.
Cught a glimpse of the driver, and sure enough it was the hamster.
Filming for drivetribe, apparently.
I hadn't thought of him - soon as I saw D1CK H I thought Dick H(ead) :lol: :lol: :lol: :angelic-green: :angelic-green:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Yesterday, went to see Paul Smith, scouse comedian on his Pablo tour. Very entertaining and recommended as long as you don’t mind profanities.

There’s loads of his content on YouTube, insta and TikTok.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Bit of a shit one today. Found a customer face down on the Livingroom floor. 999 for ambulance and fire brigade for the front door. She was still alive as she was moving and moaning. Got a message from her daughter that she is still with us but not expecting for very long. Poor woman face planted the sofa on the way down and it was looking like that was last night before bed :(
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Tidying the shed I happened up the luggage hooks off the old ZZR.

I stuck them on the ZZR Facebook page for 20 quid and they went in 5 minutes. Seemingly they're quite rare.
IMG_0269.jpeg
IMG_0269.jpeg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 273 times
Skub

Post by Skub »

Scotsrich wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:46 pm Tidying the shed I happened up the luggage hooks off the old ZZR.

I stuck them on the ZZR Facebook page for 20 quid and they went in 5 minutes. Seemingly they're quite rare.

IMG_0269.jpeg
I bet I've some of those from past ZZR builds.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Traded in my 300+ bhp convertible for a diesel SUV :(
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Skub wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:47 pm
Scotsrich wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:46 pm Tidying the shed I happened up the luggage hooks off the old ZZR.

IMG_0269.jpeg
I bet I've some of those from past ZZR builds.
Find them quick. I had another 2 folk after mine before I had time to edit the post.
Felix

Post by Felix »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:47 pm Traded in my 300+ bhp convertible for a diesel SUV :(
Was your convertible not white?
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Felix wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:50 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:47 pm Traded in my 300+ bhp convertible for a diesel SUV :(
Yup, the new car is white too.

Just 110bhp, 1.5l and two cylinders down, it doesn't have a roof that comes off either.
Felix

Post by Felix »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:52 pm
Felix wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:50 pm
Yup, the new car is white too.

Just 110bhp, 1.5l and two cylinders down, it doesn't have a roof that comes off either.
I was going to say gay as fuck but you bought another white car :lol: Hairdressers buy them also
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

My other car is grey and a Volvo, it couldn't be any less hairdresser.
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Scotsrich wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:46 pm Tidying the she... stuck them on the ZZR Facebook page for 20 quid and they went in 5 minutes. Seemingly they're quite rare.
Had similar recently with some car dashboard switch blanks, four of them went for fifty quid. Must have been 7 grammes of plastic...