This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
ZRX61

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by ZRX61 »

That despicable, incontinent, little cunt Jerry Nadler (the one who looks like DM's sidekick Penfold) just blamed Trump for the assassination attempt.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

wheelnut wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:39 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:28 pm
It's important because the more money you can spend brainwashing, the more votes you get. So money donated to help Biden should certainly not be re-donated to Harris. I think that contravenes election law....
Pleased you’re an expert on election funding law now too.

She has access to the funds and will spend them. Any complaints will take years to resolve by which time it will be moot.

Interestingly the FEC has always been known for its partisanship. The current chairman of the FEC is a republican nominated by Trump. You can see how this is going to go. :D
No, far from it. But there are rules and regulations for how much one donor can give etc. hence the super PAC thing which I think gives the money to a sort of club or committee which organises electioneering bollocks. Pretty sure someone like George Soros can't just give Biden tens of millions but I find the entire thing so distasteful, I have a very little interest in finding out.

TBH it seems to me to be a gigantic waste of money and effectively hands the power of authority to global corporations who use their financial influence to make politicians do what they tell them. It is what it is I suppose and the old adage "democracy is the worst form of government except for all others which have been tried."
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

The clean up of the Harris history has started.. GovTrack just deleted the part about her being the most left liberal in the US Govt.

Fortunately most of her dumbassery is preserved on video... Unfortunately the MSM won't air it.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:08 am The clean up of the Harris history has started.. GovTrack just deleted the part about her being the most left liberal in the US Govt.

Fortunately most of her dumbassery is preserved on video... Unfortunately the MSM won't air it.
But at least she isn’t a sex pest and a felon
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Must be harrowing to have all these theories about Trump. Biden and Harris and discover your political leanings align most closely with one time comic and sexy beast turned notorious sex pest, born again religious fanboi. and conspiracy advocate, Russell Brand. Probably those that control the MSM are suppressing all the -decent- celebrities who share these views.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:27 am Must be harrowing to have all these theories about Trump. Biden and Harris and discover your political leanings align most closely with one time comic and sexy beast turned notorious sex pest, born again religious fanboi. and conspiracy advocate, Russell Brand. Probably those that control the MSM are suppressing all the -decent- celebrities who share these views.
If Trump didn't bang on about the personal stuff, as he has constanly with Clinton, Harris and Biden then it would be an non-issue. But he chooses to in his usual completelt classless style.
So great idea - lets just have the American electon for on political philosophy and and the uniting of a once great country ?
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Screwdriver wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:45 pm
No, far from it. But there are rules and regulations for how much one donor can give etc. hence the super PAC thing which I think gives the money to a sort of club or committee which organises electioneering bollocks. Pretty sure someone like George Soros can't just give Biden tens of millions but I find the entire thing so distasteful, I have a very little interest in finding out.

TBH it seems to me to be a gigantic waste of money and effectively hands the power of authority to global corporations who use their financial influence to make politicians do what they tell them. It is what it is I suppose and the old adage "democracy is the worst form of government except for all others which have been tried."
The rules you are talking about there are to do with finance, not who has access to the funds in the case of the replacement on the ticket of the incumbemt president by the incumbent VP (who is on the same ticket). The rules for that seem complex and that may end up in court (especially considering the FEC chairman is a partisan Trump appointment).

Corporations have always lobbied political parties through the use of donations. Lobbying is a huge industry and always has been, both by companies and other organisations (NRA for example). Also bear in mind whilst the lobbying and funding may well favour the party that the lobbyist thinks they will have more chance with during the election, it will sharp change if the election doesn't go their way. It's how it is over there. Meh.

The super PACs changed the field a little in 2010 but my understanding is that those funds can't be used to support a canditate directly.

I believe how you feel about it depends more on your level of partisanship than anything else.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:59 am
If Trump didn't bang on about the personal stuff, as he has constanly with Clinton, Harris and Biden then it would be an non-issue. But he chooses to in his usual completelt classless style.
So great idea - lets just have the American electon for on political philosophy and and the uniting of a once great country ?
It will be interesting to see how Trump goes after Harris.

He's started off with 'she's as a dumb as a rock' so it doesn't bode well.

There's plenty to aim for without going down his usual route. Her record on immigration and her record as california DA will be ripe picking grounds.

I suspect she will concentrate on abortion rights.
Last edited by wheelnut on Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

wheelnut wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:05 am
It will be interesting to see how Trump goes after Harris.

He's started off with 'she's as a dumb as a rock' so it doesn't bode well.

There's plenty to aim for without going down his usual route. Her record on immigration her and record as california DA will be ripe picking grounds.

I suspect she will concentrate on abortion rights.
It is sad that she is the best that the democrats could russel up. Her time as Veep seems to have been mainly squandered
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:08 am It is sad that she is the best that the democrats could russel up. Her time as Veep seems to have been mainly squandered
Yes and no. The VP post has always been redundant. Name a VP who has accomplished anything?

Didn't one VP describe it as 'not being worth a pitcher of warm spit''?
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

wheelnut wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:14 am
Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:08 am It is sad that she is the best that the democrats could russel up. Her time as Veep seems to have been mainly squandered
Yes and no. The VP post has always been redundant. Name a VP who has accomplished anything?
George H W Bush. (Was acting President for a while and was subsequently elected President).

Nixen, Biden and Bush had been VPs. There's 9 that became Pres in unfortunate circumstances inc. LBJ and Gerald Ford.

You'd think it would be a good platform for learning the ropes then launching a succesful bid but it doesn't usually work out that way.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:33 am
George H W Bush. (Was acting President for a while and was subsequently elected President).

Nixen, Biden and Bush had been VPs. There's 9 that became Pres in unfortunate circumstances inc. LBJ and Gerald Ford.

You'd think it would be a good platform for learning the ropes then launching a succesful bid but it doesn't usually work out that way.
I meant accomplished anything while VP.

I think the main reason they acceopt a VP role is that it gives them a good chance of a nomination down the line. It doesn't always work that way, but it often does. I'm not sure it's a platforn for learning anything really. The incoming VP always seems to want a bigger mandate and the president always seems to do their best to shut them out. The relationship often sours due to this (think Obama/Biden).

Originally, the VP role was filled by the losing candidate. They should go back to that and have a harris/trump or trump/harris ticket :D
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

So great idea - lets just have the American election for on political philosophy and and the uniting of a once great country ?
Something like "Make the USA Great Again"? ;)
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Saga Lout wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:09 am
So great idea - lets just have the American election for on political philosophy and and the uniting of a once great country ?
Something like "Make the Trump Richer Again"? ;)
And
"Crazy cat woman"
"Clinton should be jail"
"Pence should be in jail"
"I won the election"
"Sleepy Joe"
"He is too old ( which both of them are)"

etc
Trump is a master of the personal stuff which now gets called bullying - it's not.
But he can hardly whine when it comes his way
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:33 am
wheelnut wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:14 am
became Pres in unfortunate circumstances inc. LBJ and GERALD FORD
Only unfortunate for RN
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

If Trump wins he will be only the second president to be elected after being defeated as president. The only other one to serve non-consecutive terms was Grover Cleveland.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

The Dems now have a candidate who got no votes at all when she stood for POTUS in 2019 & no votes at all in the 2024 Primaries..
BLM have come out against her.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Is Willie supporting her?
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:02 pm The Dems now have a candidate who got no votes at all when she stood for POTUS in 2019 & no votes at all in the 2024 Primaries..
BLM have come out against her.
The primaries are symbolic - the nominee is chosen by the political parties. How they arrive at a nomination is up to them.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:46 pm Is Willie supporting her?
He told her not to accept the VP job in 2019.