This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Screwdriver

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by Screwdriver »

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:05 pm

"Be grateful" you say. Wow. Possibly the most patronising, self aggrandising statement I've heard from a nobody like you. I don't know who you think you are to puff yourself with such pomposity.

What's it got to do with me? This place is pretty much uncensored opinion. I'm grateful we're able to talk on subjects that might otherwise be off limits. I'm suggesting you might be too. I know many forums have an outright ban on political opinion that conflicts with moderators / owners pov, or just an outright ban on politics full stop.

I'd have more time for your deliberations on politics if your similar absolute truths about the COVID vaccinations hadn't been so full of holes by the way. But, as we've said there's no need to fact check on here before presenting your case.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

I accept your apology.
Plato
Felix

Post by Felix »

cheb wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:40 pm
I doubt insulting people helps, however much their views might differ from yours.
Makes a change from Tossers, dickheads and wankers.
irie

Post by irie »

If this is replicated on November 5th (election day) then there'll be Trump fireworks and conspiracy accusations galore ...

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/harris ... 024-07-23/
Exclusive: Harris leads Trump 44% to 42% in US presidential race, Reuters/Ipsos poll finds
Harris, whose campaign says she has secured the Democratic nomination, led Trump 44% to 42% in the national poll, a difference within the 3-percentage-point margin of error.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:45 pm Cheatle just quit her job, she'd have been fired before noon...

Without answering one of the questions put to her at a Congress hearing.

The questions are still there, who is going to answer them now?
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Yambo wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:00 am
ZRX61 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:45 pm Cheatle just quit her job, she'd have been fired before noon...

Without answering one of the questions put to her at a Congress hearing.

I think the Secret service have a long standing policy of never commenting on or discussing security arrangements so it’s probably to be expected.

The fact she’s gone indicates she thought there was a cock up made by trump’s team (although she probably had no personal involvement),
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

DefTrap wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:07 pm
Taipan wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:43 pm

Some of us didn't start out on the right... :hmmm:

list delete duplicates
The only way that this analogy works is if the entire MSM started off as liberal (which they didn't), coincidentally decided to move to the left (which they haven't), and have collaborated to maintain this position without once exposing why and how.
Full. Of. Holes. But it makes a great story.
Hardly a story, it just shows the development of woke to the far left with a drop of humour added!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Yambo wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:00 am Without answering one of the questions put to her at a Congress hearing.

Head of the FBI (Wray) is up today.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Taipan wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:43 pm
Some of us didn't start out on the right... :hmmm:

list delete duplicates
I think I was a little bit right of centre in 2008. That probably makes me extreme right wing now.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

irie wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 2:51 am If this is replicated on November 5th (election day) then there'll be Trump fireworks and conspiracy accusations galore ...

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/harris ... 024-07-23/
Exclusive: Harris leads Trump 44% to 42% in US presidential race, Reuters/Ipsos poll finds
Harris, whose campaign says she has secured the Democratic nomination, led Trump 44% to 42% in the national poll, a difference within the 3-percentage-point margin of error.
Lies damned lies and statistics. <dunno>

A quick Google for a poll of polls suggests IPSOS is the ONLY poll with Harris ahead.

https://elections2024.thehill.com/natio ... p-general/

Maybe we should ask ChatGPT. That thing wouldn't lie would it? How about Google/Alphabet?

I think the only way to judge the popularity of a candidate is to watch the size of the crowds and wait until after the election.

What I did last time was to watch the live results come in and right at the end, there was a massive upswing to Biden in all of the important swing states. Just enough to get him over the line. Only in the swing states. Only for Biden. There was a smattering of mathematical analysis online which calculated the improbability of such a thing but frankly, it was difficult to follow and by then, too late.

Call it a conspiracy call it what you like. I sat up and watched it unfold and it seemed so blatant, I didn't think they'd get away with it. But they did and the courts refused to hear evidence, Dominion refused to hand over the server records, paper ballots were immediately shredded by the skip load.

They won't be able to play all those tricks again in fact I think the Republican party are also in on it and also now ballot harvesting for themselves.

Not much of a democracy really. I'm not even sure if you actually have to prove you're "an American citizen" to vote....
Plato
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

The polls ceased to be relevant after they all claimed Clinton would beat Trump by a landslide. The same clueless fucks are still doing the polls.

ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:25 pm The polls ceased to be relevant after they all claimed Clinton would beat Trump by a landslide. The same clueless fucks are still doing the polls.

The USA has elected presidents from candidates selected by conventions rather than primaries before. You may have heard of some of them - Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses S. Grant, Woodrow Wilson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Dwight D. Eisenhower and John F. Kennedy. :D

(I think it was the Democrats that changed their system after LBJ gave way for Hubert Humphrey as they felt it wasn't very democratic. Republicans followed suit soon after. But they don't have to do it that way as far as I'm aware).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Trump just filed a complaint with the FEC about the $91M Biden campaign fund being transferred to Harris. There are also cases being filed to remove Harris from the ballots in some States.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

I thought it was interesting that Biden recently boasted that he got <millions> of dollars from small donations. Nominally that means that hundreds of thousands of people were sending in smallish, hundred dollar donations.

Now I am seeing reports that "Act Blue" are effectively money laundering by having their super rich donors use stooge donor accounts who have no idea they are the nominal donor being used as a conduit to hide very large donations. Reports of unemployed/retirees looking like they have donated hundreds of thousands.

It's important because the more money you can spend brainwashing, the more votes you get. So money donated to help Biden should certainly not be re-donated to Harris. I think that contravenes election law....
Plato
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Screwdriver wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:28 pm
It's important because the more money you can spend brainwashing, the more votes you get. So money donated to help Biden should certainly not be re-donated to Harris. I think that contravenes election law....
Pleased you’re an expert on election funding law now too.

She has access to the funds and will spend them. Any complaints will take years to resolve by which time it will be moot.

Interestingly the FEC has always been known for its partisanship. The current chairman of the FEC is a republican nominated by Trump. You can see how this is going to go. :D
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

American election funding. Some facts.

https://theconversation.com/running-for ... se%20money
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Horse

Post by Horse »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:43 pm American election funding. Some facts.

https://theconversation.com/running-for ... se%20money
Trump has also become adept at selling merchandise in order to fill his campaign coffers, such as raising over US$7 million through selling t-shirts featuring his Fulton County Jail mugshot

Who said he wasn't a great businessman?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Given the tradition of the US electing an even bigger fucking idiot than the previous fucking idiot, the choices are somewhat limited to find an even bigger fucking idiot than Biden. Harris fits the bill perfectly & would be a shoo-in.
If Trump wins, it would reverse this trend... well, at least for 4 years.