Shiny new bike day

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
MingtheMerciless

Re: Shiny new bike day

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Skub wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:55 pm
MingtheMerciless wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:23 pm It's in for its 3 year service, probably brake pads and stupid anti rattle clip things that its forever losing and wheels rebalanced (after it shed most of the rear wheel weights after I cleaned the wheel with muc-off MTB degreaser). I wonder how much this'll set me back?
Is this a good time to mention the fuel pump replacement? :thumbup:
Next year..........saving already😂
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Well, big boy service is put off for another year, Dealership said that they do the big service on mileage and it's about 3K short of that, so deferred to next year. Irritatingly, due to lack of use I think the tyres aren't sealing too well and are leaking off so I'll get them to investigate. AR noise maker removed and decorated Akra fitted for MOT, hopefully their tester is as deaf as the place I normally take to for MOT's locally.

I spoke to a neighbour with a 1000SX, it's been off the road for nearly 4 months, he's only just got it back of the gearbox shit itself. Fortunately done under warranty, otherwise it was a 4K bill!!!! The dealership suspect the previous owner may have been using the quick shifter below 6K.

I tend not to use the QS unless I'm riding briskly (fortunately).
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Skub

Post by Skub »

From what little I know,the gearbox in the ZH2 is a tank,the Z1000 engine variants are well known to give bother if you're unlucky. In theory a stock quickshifter ought to give a gearbox an easier time.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955