This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
irie

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by irie »

:o

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump- ... 024-01-21/
WASHINGTON, Jan 21 (Reuters) - Presidential contender Ron DeSantis, who was once viewed as Republicans' best shot at moving past Donald Trump, dropped out of the primary race on Sunday, a relatively early exit that underlines the iron grip the former president retains on the party.

DeSantis, 45, endorsed Trump in a video posted to the X social media site.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

irie wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:24 pm :o

WASHINGTON, Jan 21 (Reuters) - Presidential contender Ron DeSantis, who was once viewed as Republicans' best shot at moving past Donald Trump, dropped out of the primary race on Sunday, a relatively early exit that underlines the iron grip the former president retains on the party.

Hmmm... Trump/DeSantis for 2024, then DeSantis for president in 2028?
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Saga Lout wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:15 am
irie wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:24 pm :o

Or even Trump/DeSantis in 2024 and DeSantis in 2025 when Trump gets impeached?
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

As your new super duper, great choice, president, I'd like to thank Pietin for his unwavering support and that other guy, Putin (sounds familiar?) as well.

Fake news folks....no need to worry just yet !

Could Pietin be Putin? Makes you wonder......
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

You wonder what state the country is in for it to be a choice between Biden and Trump.....for a second time! I wouldn't let Biden drive my car let alone run a country and Trump is a fuckwomble.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Beggars belief that the Trump team have spent the last 4 years rubbishing Biden's rambling, and in the first couple of weeks of Trump's campaigning he fills the internet with hours of his own rambling.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

DefTrap wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:29 pm Beggars belief that the Trump team have spent the last 4 years rubbishing Biden's rambling, and in the first couple of weeks of Trump's campaigning he fills the internet with hours of his own rambling.
There's a LedZep song there ;)
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Supermofo wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:53 pm You wonder what state the country is in for it to be a choice between Biden and Trump.....for a second time! I wouldn't let Biden drive my car let alone run a country and Trump is a fuckwomble.
It makes you wonder what state the world is in! Brits thinking Trump is a good thing. Well, once Trumpski has given the nod to Vlad and Ukraine gets mopped up due to lack of support, Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania next on the menu, the big bad wolfski is getting closer to the doorstep. Trump has said he won't support 'Europe' so it's Berlin for breakfast, Paris for lunch and London for dinner (if Mad Vlad) hasn't nuked it to show the EU he means business. :shock: (Makes sense, it's a little off-shore island so doesn't matter if it glows in the dark for a few years).

Trumpski probably decided that the New World Order is, he gets the Americas, Vlad gets his USSR back + the rest of Europe (inc the glowing bit), the little Korean gets most of it south of there inc Australia and China gets, Taiwan, Japan, Africa and anything else on the 'belt and road' to raw materials. Hmmm....the Middle East will need sorting, they have oil...maybe Iran gets a slice for a while - if they drop the religion stuff.

'Tis the end of days I tell you. I reckon Nostradamus saw this coming. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

DefTrap wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:29 pm Beggars belief that the Trump team have spent the last 4 years rubbishing Biden's rambling, and in the first couple of weeks of Trump's campaigning he fills the internet with hours of his own rambling.
+ iirc he's as old as Biden was at the last election. :D
Voltaire
irie

Post by irie »

Cousin Jack wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:17 am
Saga Lout wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:15 am
Or even Trump/DeSantis in 2024 and DeSantis in 2025 when Trump gets impeached?
Impeachment does not remove a US President.

After impeachment the Senate holds an impeachment trial and a two-thirds majority vote is required to convict and remove a President from office.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:33 pm
Supermofo wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:53 pm You wonder what state the country is in for it to be a choice between Biden and Trump.....for a second time! I wouldn't let Biden drive my car let alone run a country and Trump is a fuckwomble.
It makes you wonder what state the world is in! Brits thinking Trump is a good thing. Well, once Trumpski has given the nod to Vlad and Ukraine gets mopped up due to lack of support, Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania next on the menu, the big bad wolfski is getting closer to the doorstep. Trump has said he won't support 'Europe' so it's Berlin for breakfast, Paris for lunch and London for dinner (if Mad Vlad) hasn't nuked it to show the EU he means business. :shock: (Makes sense, it's a little off-shore island so doesn't matter if it glows in the dark for a few years).

Trumpski probably decided that the New World Order is, he gets the Americas, Vlad gets his USSR back + the rest of Europe (inc the glowing bit), the little Korean gets most of it south of there inc Australia and China gets, Taiwan, Japan, Africa and anything else on the 'belt and road' to raw materials. Hmmm....the Middle East will need sorting, they have oil...maybe Iran gets a slice for a while - if they drop the religion stuff.

'Tis the end of days I tell you. I reckon Nostradamus saw this coming. :lol:
Vey true - but he will have his bollocks in the vice that Xi turning. Russia need money
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:33 pm It makes you wonder what state the world is in! Brits thinking Trump is a good thing.
Some of us think he's a less bad thing. That's not the same at all.
Count Steer wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:33 pm Well, once Trumpski has given the nod to Vlad and Ukraine gets mopped up due to lack of support, Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania next on the menu, the big bad wolfski is getting closer to the doorstep.
Oh wow, the domino theory! Welcome back, I haven't seen you around since the 70s. Where have you been hiding? :D
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Saga Lout wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:48 am
Count Steer wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:33 pm It makes you wonder what state the world is in! Brits thinking Trump is a good thing.
Some of us think he's a less bad thing. That's not the same at all.
Count Steer wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:33 pm Well, once Trumpski has given the nod to Vlad and Ukraine gets mopped up due to lack of support, Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania next on the menu, the big bad wolfski is getting closer to the doorstep.
Oh wow, the domino theory! Welcome back, I haven't seen you around since the 70s. Where have you been hiding? :D
Not really Domino Theory. That relied on internal communist takeovers (with external, arms length support) in a sequence of copycat actions. The main proponents of it and of resistance to it was the USA (although not all politicians and military agreed with it).

It was resisted. Not wholly successfully but with a definite impact.

There may be some internal support for Putin in the former Soviet states but, as with Ukraine, it'll take Russian boots on the ground to change them. Some USA politicians would propose resistance and support. Some won't...and have said so.
Voltaire
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

It's generally a bad idea letting senile old blokes drive your car.

Biden is clearly doting, he should be in a nursing home, not being paraded as a puppet president.
irie

Post by irie »

Bigjawa wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:05 pm
It's generally a bad idea letting senile old blokes drive your car.

Biden is clearly doting, he should be in a nursing home, not being paraded as a puppet president.
Given the choice between a senile old bloke and a fuckwomble, currently looking like US voters will choose the latter.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:34 pm
+ iirc he's as old as Biden was at the last election. :D
And that is going well isn't it.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

President Biden told a crowd in Las Vegas on Sunday that he recently met with Francois Mitterrand, the French president who has been dead for nearly 30 years.
The comments came while Biden was warning of the dangers of a potential second Trump presidency, as he aimed to shore up enthusiasm ahead of Tuesday’s Democratic primary in Nevada.
Biden recounted a story he has told many times during his presidency, about a meeting he had with French President Emmanuel Macron during a G7 meeting in England, some months after Biden had taken over the White House.
"I sat down and I said, ‘America’s back,’" Biden recalled. "And Mitterrand from Germany – I mean from France – looked at me and said…"

Biden appeared to trail off before collecting his thoughts to finish the sentence: "Well, how long are you back for?"

The president continued, saying the "Chancellor of Germany" asked him how he – and by extension, the U.S. – would respond if, hypothetically, thousands of people stormed Britain’s House of Commons and killed two "bobbies," or British police officers, to stop the election of a Prime Minister.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:13 am
President Biden told a crowd in Las Vegas on Sunday that he recently met with Francois Mitterrand, the French president who has been dead for nearly 30 years.
The comments came while Biden was warning of the dangers of a potential second Trump presidency, as he aimed to shore up enthusiasm ahead of Tuesday’s Democratic primary in Nevada.
Biden recounted a story he has told many times during his presidency, about a meeting he had with French President Emmanuel Macron during a G7 meeting in England, some months after Biden had taken over the White House.
"I sat down and I said, ‘America’s back,’" Biden recalled. "And Mitterrand from Germany – I mean from France – looked at me and said…"

Biden appeared to trail off before collecting his thoughts to finish the sentence: "Well, how long are you back for?"

The president continued, saying the "Chancellor of Germany" asked him how he – and by extension, the U.S. – would respond if, hypothetically, thousands of people stormed Britain’s House of Commons and killed two "bobbies," or British police officers, to stop the election of a Prime Minister.
It's beyond funny with him now, its actually pitiful. How is he allowed to continue his presidency?
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Taipan wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:14 pm
It's beyond funny with him now, its actually pitiful. How is he allowed to continue his presidency?
I totally agree, but Trump set the bar for incompetence and is similarly addled. He's standing again (and so potentially is Biden) and millions will back them. So?

This has been a running theme over the last two presidencies and it dominates the News. If I hear one more description of how Biden fell down or Trump delivered another addled rally speech I'll scream. They should set an age limit.