What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
cheb

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by cheb »

Had a snooze on the ferry and am now home listening to the idiot cat having a funny five minutes.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

After work today I plumbed my sink/tap in.

The waste pipe is a proper bodge with lashings of silicon (until I can work out what proper bits I need to make the Ikea pipe fit the the existing waste pipe)... but it all works and we can now do the washing up, until I fit the dishwasher.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

KungFooBob wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:32 pm After work today I plumbed my sink/tap in.

The waste pipe is a proper bodge with lashings of silicon (until I can work out what proper bits I need to make the Ikea pipe fit the the existing waste pipe)... but it all works and we can now do the washing up, until I fit the dishwasher.
1.5" to 1.25" adapter?
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Went out on the tredder with the dog in tow.
Took a wrong turn and ended up on a slightly longer, and hilly-er route, about an extra 4 miles.
Even the dog was giving me the 'will this ever end' look!
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:37 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:32 pm After work today I plumbed my sink/tap in.

1.5" to 1.25" adapter?
In the kit was a crinkle hose, with a smooth bit to push into the u-bend, the rest of it is all crinkle.

There's an adaptor for Eire, with I've siliconed on to the end of the crinkle pipe, but the adaptor is slightly smaller than the existing waste pipe... so it's been silconed in too :)
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

KungFooBob wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:42 pm In the kit was a crinkle hose, with a smooth bit to push into the u-bend, the rest of it is all crinkle.

There's an adaptor for Eire, with I've siliconed on to the end of the crinkle pipe, but the adaptor is slightly smaller than the existing waste pipe... so it's been silconed in too :)
Less KungFooBob and more KungFooBodge, methinks... :D
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

mangocrazy wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:53 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:42 pm In the kit was a crinkle hose, with a smooth bit to push into the u-bend, the rest of it is all crinkle.

Less KungFooBob and more KungFooBodge, methinks... :D
You ought to see my motorcycle repairs!

My DesmoDue racebike was more wood than metal.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

:sick: Got up at stupid o’clock to get a lift to the train station. We were early (and I had serious car sickness for the first time in yonks :o - luckily not actually sick but :sick: )

We got there a bit early, cos he drives like a loony! So a quick coffee and pain au raisin!!

Then, 6:32 train. Now sitting in the sunshine waiting for the next train in a place devoid of anything useful (like comfy seats/coffee shop :roll: ) called Montmélian. On to Grenoble at 8:35 :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Been on a tromp through the woods having a v interesting talk on 'Woodland Through the Ages'.

I now know the difference between 'wood' and 'timber'. :D

It was all about management, ownership and use of woodland over the centuries. Ended up with charcoal 'burning' (obvs the aim is to cook it, not burn it) and the shocking amount of charcoal needed to make 1kg of iron and the shocking amount of wood needed to make the charcoal. No wonder people looked after stuff like axes etc.

Anyways, excellent couple of hours. :thumbup:
Voltaire
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Up early, took wife to work. Then went and prayed whilst stapling the Easter Sunday Liturgy booklets. Then home to take my son to work, dropped car off for its service. Reported a car that has been dumped in the church parking area. Helped my local school with their Passion Play rehearsal at the church, then walked the dog again. Mowed my very large lawn. Then chatted with someone whose husband passed away in December last year. I received a phone call that a parishioners mum had just passed away, so I went straight over to be with the family there and to pray with them. They know I will help with the funeral and deal with things gently. Gave them the time they needed to talk things over and prayed for their mum and them.
Home to walk the dog again. Sorting admin stuff out for a refugee couple, trying to get some funding for their educational needs and also to find viable alternative accommodation for them (hotel room with single bed for a married couple is not adequate). I have a Bible Study this evening and then it will be snooze time around 10pm.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I don’t like Heathrow! Well, T5 wasn’t so bad but it was September. T3 is nasty on the holidays!!!

Eventually collected my luggage and made it to the bus station to wait for the bus!

It blooming raining too!!! :roll: :roll:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Noggin wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:12 pm I don’t like Heathrow! Well, T5 wasn’t so bad but it was September. T3 is nasty on the holidays!!!

Eventually collected my luggage and made it to the bus station to wait for the bus!

IIRC Heathrow bus station is the arsehole of the world. Good luck!
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Noggin wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:12 pm I don’t like Heathrow! Well, T5 wasn’t so bad but it was September. T3 is nasty on the holidays!!!

T3? *shudder*.

Last time I had the misfortune to leave via T3 the excess baggage costs of the family in front must have been :shock: I swear they had about £3ks worth of boxed electrical appliances. The whole place was an absolute scrum.
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Cousin Jack wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:14 pm

IIRC Heathrow bus station is the arsehole of the world. Good luck!
T3 and the bit in between was no better!! I was spoilt last time - T5 and picked up so no need to battle too much

God there are some miserable ignorant buggers around.

I know I know, but I’m just pissy cos I’m tired and people are horrid! I’m not ignorant or rude!!!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:17 pm

T3? *shudder*.

Last time I had the misfortune to leave via T3 the excess baggage costs of the family in front must have been :shock: I swear they had about £3ks worth of boxed electrical appliances. The whole place was an absolute scrum.
It was definitely a scrum gutted cos I’m flying out of T3 next week ☹️. Worse cos I thought it would be T5 like last time!! 🤣🤣🤣
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Noggin wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:20 pm

T3? *shudder*.

It was definitely a scrum gutted cos I’m flying out of T3 next week ☹️. Worse cos I thought it would be T5 like last time!! 🤣🤣🤣
Gatwick's a better option than T3....and that's saying something! Mind you, the Gatwick Express used to be a pretty good rail option into Lunnon.
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:22 pm
Noggin wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:20 pm

T3? *shudder*.

Gatwick's a better option than T3....and that's saying something! Mind you, the Gatwick Express used to be a pretty good rail option into Lunnon.
TBF, Im not going to London and didn’t realise my brother would be on holiday!! 🤣🤣
If I’d realised I’d have got an easyJet to Bristol (the wedding is a bit north of Bristol). But I chose here for ease of pick up (and a mate works for BA so I can get cheap flights!!) 😇😇
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:17 pm T3? *shudder*.

I think they were the ones in front of me a few years back. What looked to be a couple of washing machines and a chest freezer, somewhat inexpertly packed and tied with baler twine. I doubt their purchases survived the journey!
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Cousin Jack wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm
Count Steer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:17 pm T3? *shudder*.

I think they were the ones in front of me a few years back. What looked to be a couple of washing machines and a chest freezer, somewhat inexpertly packed and tied with baler twine. I doubt their purchases survived the journey!
I was going to say I think they had a fridge and a microwave but I convinced myself I must have misremembered. :D

I have a hazy memory they were booking in on a Nigeria flight but that doesn't sound like T3?
Voltaire
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Last time I had to use T3 I took the bike and parked up. Was able to avoid the scrum of people and slipped past them all! Airport in Dakar, Senegal is more fun (NOT)!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.