This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by weeksy »

Saga Lout wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:15 pm I've just been reminded of future president Kamala Harris's thoughtful and expert analysis of the war in the Ukraine:

"So, Ukraine is a country in Europe.
"It exists next to another country called Russia,
"Russia is a bigger country.
"Russia is a powerful country.
"Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine.
"So, basically, that’s wrong, and it goes against everything that we stand for.”

And if that doesn't convince you that she should be the next president of the USA, I don't know what will.

BTW That was to a room full of adults, not five year olds.
I like her already. Is she the one from Big Bang Theory?
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Saga Lout wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:15 pm I've just been reminded of future president Kamala Harris's thoughtful and expert analysis of the war in the Ukraine:

"So, basically, that’s wrong, and it goes against everything that we stand for.”

And if that doesn't convince you that she should be the next president of the USA, I don't know what will.

“You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that.”

I'll just leave that there.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Trump's team must be pissed off. Weeks and weeks of writing speeches about why silly old geriatric sleepy joe is unfit to be President and now they have to rewrite it all to suggest that a much younger, black, female is unfit to be President.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Slenver wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:22 pm

“You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that.”

I don't think many dispute that Trump says stupid things but it's like the Democrats are determined not to put up anyone more capable than him. They seem more dysfunctional than the Tory party.
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Mussels wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:30 pm I don't think many dispute that Trump says stupid things but it's like the Democrats are determined not to put up anyone more capable than him. They seem more dysfunctional than the Tory party.
I agree to an extent. She doesn't come across as too smart or too capable, and you'd really hope for someone better at this stage. Her main angle, of course, is simply not being a dangerous lunatic, which has been the Dems main strategy for 8 years now.

My point above though is merely that trying to denigrate her for not being too eloquent while vocally supporting trump as a better alternative is a pretty wild argument.

That Ukraine speech is the most famous, worst example of her lack of eloquence from 2 years ago, and Trump literally says worse 4 or 5 times on a good day. Plus, let's not forget the context that SL so deliberately missed out, that she wasn't in a 'room full of adults', she was on a radio show being asked to explain 'in simple layman's terms' to people who had no understanding of what was going on just as the invasion started, presumably to an audience that had never heard of Ukraine. She went full primary school teacher, sure, but she was kind of being asked to.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Context is quite important in that situation.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

There is some complexity to getting rid of Kamala. Her only "angle" is that she is a woman and she is black. There is really nothing else to her, that is literally how she got the job. DEI personified. The complexity I believe is that she is from the same state as Gavin Newsome - who would otherwise be the obvious shoe in for the dems - but there is some rule or other which forbids nominating two candidates from the same state.

It's a right mess but more worryingly, they have backed themselves into a corner having spectacularly failed to get rid of Trump so the entire political system is somewhat precarious. They might do anything to try and cling to power because as soon as they lose control, the truth will emerge.

Still, we dodged a civil war and the dismantling of the federation of states, so there is that....
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Ouch! :lol:

Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Slenver wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:22 pm

You've got a point. Looking at the present incumbent and the previous incumbent, Kamala's intelligence might make her ideally qualified for the role.
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

I've just been reminded of future president Trump's thoughtful and expert analysis of the CrowdStrike allegations which dated back to 2016.
I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike ... I guess you have one of your wealthy people ... The server, they say Ukraine has it.
BTW that was the serving President of the US talking to the President of Ukraine about a conspiracy that originated on 4Chan 3 years earlier, without the slightest bit of proof. But he believed it.
And if that doesn't convince you that he should be the next president of the USA, I don't know what will.
Horse

Post by Horse »

I dare to ask ... But ...

If I'd heard about any of this, then it's long forgotten. Was the allegation that the Democrats had asked 'Ukraine' to hack into the Democrats' own server? Then they gave it away (or it was stolen)? All to hide some wrongdoing?

Why wouldn't they just arrange a power surge and the server to go bang?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

That whole "Diversity Pick/ DEI" complaint doesn't half read as a dog whistle. Just sayin like.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Hoonercat wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:22 pm
I've just been reminded of future president Trump's thoughtful and expert analysis of the CrowdStrike allegations which dated back to 2016.
I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike ... I guess you have one of your wealthy people ... The server, they say Ukraine has it.
BTW that was the serving President of the US talking to the President of Ukraine about a conspiracy that originated on 4Chan 3 years earlier, without the slightest bit of proof. But he believed it.
And if that doesn't convince you that he should be the next president of the USA, I don't know what will.
...and if you remove the "Trump therefore must be wrong" filter, it does indicate something fishy with CrowdStrike. WTF are they doing in Ukraine anyway? Are you suggesting they were not? Also not involved with running the DNC server(s)? I would expect a president to know a little bit more inside information than you might be able to find on the internet. Especially with rampant disinformation and censorship.

As I recall Trump was more concerned with finding out why Biden threatened to withhold state funding unless the prosecutor investigating Hunter Biden/Burisma was sacked.

Incidentally, since the law finally caught up with Hunter Biden, it transpires he was in fact paid millions from both Russian and China> It was in some tax declaration or other. JB always insisted he "knew nothing" of his sons business dealings (a demonstrable lie) and that Hunter never made any money from these foreign adversaries (he did).

Makes you wonder what his whore mongering, crack addled son was being paid for. Oh yeah, that's if the provenance of the laptop is to be believed (it is).

Anyhow, I think the days of the lay person knowing what the truth may be are long gone. There is far too much disinformation, propaganda etc. to wade through and it is increasingly clear that both sides are guilty or extrapolating events to an extreme position. It's almost as if you have to somehow pick one extreme view or the other.

Yes, I am convinced he should be the next president though I don't think you meant to say that. I happen to think Trump is a good man who wears his heart on his sleeve and genuinely wants to do what's best for America.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Let's not forget Kamala kept people in prison in Calizuela past their release dates so the State could benefit from their labour.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:28 pm Let's not forget Kamala kept people in prison in Calizuela past their release dates so the State could benefit from their labour.
I like her more and more every minute
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

weeksy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:29 pm I like her more and more every minute
That garnered her the hate of blacks in Ca.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:32 pm
weeksy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:29 pm I like her more and more every minute
That garnered her the hate of blacks in Ca.
Shouldn't go to prison then :angry-cussingblack: :mrgreen:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Horse wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:08 pm Why wouldn't they just arrange a power surge and the server to go bang?
That would rely on the notion that 'a server' is a single black box on a shelf somewhere which you either a) blow up or b) steal.

It don't work like that :D
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:28 pm Let's not forget Kamala kept people in prison in Calizuela past their release dates so the State could benefit from their labour.
No she didn't.

She tried, unsuccessfully, to prevent the early release of some prisoners. Seriously fella, these claims are ridiculously easy to check.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_Harris?wprov=sfla1

In September 2014, Harris's office argued unsuccessfully in a court filing against the early release of prisoners, citing the need for inmate firefighting labor
irie

Post by irie »

weeksy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:03 pm God help us if the bar by which we're setting 'reasoned arguments' are you and Irie.
Love you too Weeksy. Mwah xxx
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno