Insignificant Things That Make You Happy.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
DefTrap

Re: Insignificant Things That Make You Happy.

Post by DefTrap »

Taipan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:36 pmBut he can fook right off if he thinks he's going to park a tractor unit on the drive! :hmmm: :D
Right up until his mum says it's fine. ;)
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

The wife's car Olaf the Ovlov has been in for a recall to the nearest Volvo stealership.

While in they did a 'Free' check over, which I assumed was designed to make you spend some money on made up issues. Three pages of A4 checklist, all green, not a single fault or advisory.

Makes a nice change.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

My pal does enduro tours and this morning I tagged along.

Chatting at first stop and one lad mentioned he's into jet ski racing. His jet has ZX12R engine with 202 BHP. So obvious takes it seriously.
My pal asked if he was any good.

Yeah, 10 times British champion mate :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Owner of black dog who caused my off last week came to see me this morning at the Church. He was very apologetic and kindly offered to pay for any damages to the bike. Being a 20 years of Triumph means that a lot of the bits are dead cheap, so thankfully it will only come to around £100 -£150. I'll probably just ask him to cover bars and bar ends as I was replacing the mirrors and I can give cowl a rub and spray to return it to perfection. Anyhow, it was very nice of him to come and check I was okay and to take care of things. His dog was fine!!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
singlesman

Post by singlesman »

Aha! Methinks ‘a very nice man’ would have been lending assistance at the scene of the accident, not slinking into the Church with his tail between his legs, having discovered his hounds victim was not some ‘low life’ outlaw biker, but a man of the cloth. Probably in the hope of saving himself an eternity of hellfire and damnation in the afterlife😂
Felix

Post by Felix »

Free money :D Bought four sticks of Black Jacks sweets and almost every one looked like this in the picture

None to happy i was getting 25/30% less than i should i went to Barrats to complain. No wat to complain on the web site so i took to Facebook. Took them a week to answer with wanting my name and address and they will forward the complaint what i did. Now i am thinking ill get a big box of Black Jacks in the post but after three weeks i gave up.

Today however i got a letter from Barrats with an apology and a Sainsburys gift voucher for £2.50 :lol: Get in there :lol:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

singlesman wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:25 pm Aha! Methinks ‘a very nice man’ would have been lending assistance at the scene of the accident, not slinking into the Church with his tail between his legs, having discovered his hounds victim was not some ‘low life’ outlaw biker, but a man of the cloth. Probably in the hope of saving himself an eternity of hellfire and damnation in the afterlife😂
Turns out he was chasing after his dog as it was in panic mode and heading towards a main road. I did tell him no ill will is harboured and that life happens! I am still bruised and what nots, but life does indeed go on.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Taipan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:36 pm My Son just calls me and casually drops into the subject he's just passed his 3 theory tests for HGVs and is going to do his Class 1 test! He's a qualified Transport Manager, but apparently, this makes him a better one in an employer's eyes and will get him more respect from his drivers if he has it too, especially as he is quite young to be a TM.

He also tells me that he wants to buy his own place soon and with a mortgage to pay, he wants to be able to keep working no matter what. I'm very proud of him but equally as pleased that he's found the industry he wants to work in as he loves doing what he does! :thumbup: But he can fook right off if he thinks he's going to park a tractor unit on the drive! :hmmm: :D
That's pretty awesome TBF. The TM course/exam is not the easiest and he's right, if he has the class one as well it will be good to prove he can do that too. Awesome :)
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

A friend just popped in to see me in hospital. She had just dropped people at Chambery Airport, so was sort of passing the hospital!! So cool. Two visits in two days. Life's good!! :bblonde: :bblonde:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taff

Post by Taff »

Following an old Corsa driving through the forest this afternoon, driver pulled out to overtake the car in front with a car coming towards him. Pretty dammed close to a head on crash but he just got away with it and he disappears of into the distance.

A mile or so later he's overtaken another car and then stuffed it into a hedge, the car is probably written off.

This makes me happy because he was DL An absolute C, got what he deserved, didn't involve anyone else in the crash and he didn't appear to hurt himself.
Newey

Post by Newey »

Walking into the loo to have a piss and the toilet seat is still up from the last time i went.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Newey wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:48 pm Walking into the loo to have a piss and the toilet seat is still up from the last time i went.
Welcome to getting older and never sleeping through.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Slept all night :o :o Ok, a couple of half waking up moments, but just a case of restarting the 'noise' and going back to sleep

Shouldn't be a big thing but after not sleeping properly since I got home, this has made me really happy :D :D
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Pretty sure I've mentioned we have a dog.
Dogue de Bordeaux/Staffie father and German Shepherd/Saluki mother.
Seems that the common name for em and variations on the theme is Bull Lurcher. Think the idea is something that can run but the Staffie gives them a bit more endurance. The usual mix seems to be quarter Staffie, about half sighthound and a quarter sheepdog but thats not written in blood on tablets of stone so theres a lot of variations
He's 10 months old now and I'm not sure if he's fast for a tank or pretty solid for a missile.

Anyway, thats not the point, the part that just tickles the crap out of me is the way he jumps up onto walls and walks along them at about waist height like a kid with a bit of spirit.
My granddaughter (shes ten and rips the piss out of most of lifes situations) and has pointed out that she's not sure if I've trained the dog like her or if I've trained her like a dog. Could go either way really as I totally encouraged her to walk on the tops of walls we walked past.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Mrs. Gremlin's mum died during the early hours of Saturday morning. Not a huge surprise, as she'd been unwell for a long time and had deteriorated considerably over the last few weeks. Mrs. G had been unflappable and unwavering in looking after her mum, dad and siblings, and just getting stuff sorted. Anyhow, we got the call from her dad at 8am, so rushed around there and started to do the necessary in terms of doctor to confirm death, arranging funeral director, etc. Saturday was tough, to say the least.

Sunday we arranged to meet friends for a dog walk. It would give Mrs. G a chance to chat with a friend who lost her father recently and get some head space too. We did a good couple of hours and planned to stop for a coffee somewhere as it was around 1pm, although as we reached our local, my mate turned to me and said, 'Fuck coffee', so the four of us, with respective mutts, sat in the pub, had a proper drink and toasted her mum. Then we had another, then another, talking shit, swapping parent stories and just relaxed being in the company of good friends and celebrating a life that was lived and now was now ended. We all drank way too much for a Sunday afternoon, but Mrs. G needed to let go of all the stress and worry that had built up over the last few years, knowing the inevitable end that would come, and surely did. I doubt any counselor would recommend alcohol as a therapy, but it was a very cathartic piss up and seemed to be beneficial.
:thumbup:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Hugs to Mrs @gremlin
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yorick wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:15 pm Hugs to Mrs @gremlin
What he said xxx

And, the alcohol probably isn't really the therapy - the chatting with mates somewhere different is the therapy. Alcohol? Sometimes we just need to get drunk!! :D
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I took our young guests for a 4WD tour yesterday and they just came to the door with a pack of beer to say thanks 😊

I remember them yesterday subtly asking what I drink ;)
Skub

Post by Skub »

Ball freezing today with gale force easterly winds and heavy rain.

However. 8-)

"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Gloriously dog walk in sunny East Sussex by the Sea.

Mind you, it is bitingly cold so sitting at home with the wood burner on.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."