In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Screwdriver

Re: In todays news...

Post by Screwdriver »

Noggin wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 2:42 pm Wasn't the kid born in Wales?

Do we ship any criminal to a foreign country once their sentence is served?

Or only the ones with foreign parents?
Fine, kick out the parents. They have failed in their duty of care. He was still a child when he stabbed dozens of children at a party. You might be surprised at how casual the home office are in kicking out decent folk who have arrived from overseas. Why not kick out the ones who have raised child murderers or child rapists?

Yes it is "unfair" to "take it out" on the parents but there is a very serious problem here and it needs to be addressed before the UK literally becomes a foreign country to the indigenous population. These monstrous criminals might not care what happens to them if they get caught but they might think twice if their family suffers.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Horse

Post by Horse »

Why? Because you expect us to believe as fact what you post. You didn't get a straightforward fact like that correct.
Screwdriver wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 2:56 pm He turned into violent child murderer. One of the very worst and by some bizarre coincidence had been chosen from out of a population of 60 million non child murdering normal folk. Why him? Let's be honest here, because he is black and from a family of immigrants.
CiN has been on BBC TV since 1980. How many thousands of adults and children have appeared in that time. Are you suggesting that every one has been selected as a 'token' appearance?

I'm no stats expert, but that 1 in 60M could be the first, the last, or anywhere in between.

And, of course, not all of those 60M are children. Perhaps fewer than 15M. And far fewer will be black, with immigrant backgrounds. Still long odds, but coincidences happen.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Yeahbut erm... his parents are forriners and mymate Nigel sez they should be all shopped off somewhere while he makes money shouting at the sea.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

demographic wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:58 pm

Yeahbut erm... his parents are forriners and mymate Nigel sez they should be all shopped off somewhere while he makes money shouting at the sea.
Australia's got lots of room. We could reintroduce deportation and start shipping our undesirables out there again. Send a gunboat or two in case the natives get uppity.

(I don't need one of these ;) to show I'm not entirely serious, do I?)
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Saga Lout wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 4:34 pm
demographic wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:58 pm

Australia's got lots of room. We could reintroduce deportation and start shipping our undesirables out there again. Send a gunboat or two in case the natives get uppity.

(I don't need one of these ;) to show I'm not entirely serious, do I?)
FFS, we haven't got any gunboats. We have 2 posh aircraft carriers, but they wouldn't get that far without breaking down.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
irie

Post by irie »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:29 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:47 am
irie wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:15 am Merely echoing previous intolerant bad language, much of which is yours. :)
He does however make a number of very valid points.
Woah. Hold on there. Irie is the one calling people fucking thicko's.
It should be obvious to anyone with an active humour sensor that I am not literally suggesting such a chap is a fucking thicko.
You need Irie for that level of intellectual arrogance.
So one rule for you and another for everyone else.

Oh.

:lol:
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Children, please.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Horse wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:31 pm Why? Because you expect us to believe as fact what you post. You didn't get a straightforward fact like that correct.
What has your pedantry turned you into some sort of Snopes denial service? Because one insignificant detail of someones comment might differ from a full report, the entire thrust of the argument is untrue?

I said " he was featured on the BBC in a Dr.Who advert."

You claim that is "wrong" because he "starred in Doctor Who-themed BBC Children In Need advert"

Clearly the two descriptions are entirely consistent with each other. The BBC are "advertising" Dr.Who by using one of their products in an advertising campaign.

What worries me more is that you couldn't care less about the children who were hacked to death by this monster, because he wasn't in a DrWho advert, it was a children in need advert. Are you suggesting that absolves him? Are you defending him?

Why do you feel the need to apologise for this chap who hacked so many small children to death?
Plato
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

irie wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 5:17 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:29 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:47 am

He does however make a number of very valid points.
Woah. Hold on there. Irie is the one calling people fucking thicko's.
It should be obvious to anyone with an active humour sensor that I am not literally suggesting such a chap is a fucking thicko.
You need Irie for that level of intellectual arrogance.
So one rule for you and another for everyone else.

Oh.

:lol:
Ok let me get this straight. When you said this:
irie wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:23 pm
Pirahna wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:09 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:21 am constitution of the UK.
What's that then, the fucking Magna Carta?
Only the fucking thick would think that is the case.

You now claim you were joking? :wtf:

I'll be interested to hear your excuse because I can't quite see how you will bend the logic of that to your whim.

Depends how far you are prepared to backpedal I suppose.
Plato
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Fuck me do you cunts have to argue about fucking everything.

Thread closed, the next one to mention news gets a fucking 7 day ban.

Pathetic

You're all sent to bed without any pudding and the thread is locked for 48 hours
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

It's not today's news but it was in a newspaper. For those of you interested in space exploration I thought this article on the Voyager programme was a cracking good read.

https://www.ft.com/content/0f2dce04-ec7 ... f5b5135699
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Horse

Post by Horse »

As complicated tax avoidance scams go ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c9904dz73pyo.amp

A city centre office building has been home to a snail farm for more than a year, in what council bosses allege is an attempt to avoid tax.

About 15 covered crates - containing as few as two snails each - have been kept on the lower ground floor of 9 Dale Street, in Liverpool, since 2023.

Under current law, this could qualify as "agricultural use" and this part of the building would arguably be exempt from business rates.

The firm renting the space said it was a legitimate snail farming operation.

The company, Snai1 Primary Products 2023 Ltd, shares its sole director, Terence Ball, with a company called BoyceBrook ... website ... describes the company as the "Canceller of the Exchequer"
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Horse wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:30 pm As complicated tax avoidance scams go ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c9904dz73pyo.amp

A city centre office building has been home to a snail farm for more than a year, in what council bosses allege is an attempt to avoid tax.

About 15 covered crates - containing as few as two snails each - have been kept on the lower ground floor of 9 Dale Street, in Liverpool, since 2023.

Under current law, this could qualify as "agricultural use" and this part of the building would arguably be exempt from business rates.

The firm renting the space said it was a legitimate snail farming operation.

The company, Snai1 Primary Products 2023 Ltd, shares its sole director, Terence Ball, with a company called BoyceBrook ... website ... describes the company as the "Canceller of the Exchequer"
"What? My accountant advised me to use a shell company" :lol:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

So educate me, what is so damned important about this mega yacht or it's passengers that it has dominated all the papers and 'news' channels for days on end?

And is it just a coincidence that Stephen Chamberlain was killed this week too??
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Horse wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:30 pm Under current law, this could qualify as "agricultural use" and this part of the building would arguably be exempt from business rates.

Hate the game not the players.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:29 pm So educate me, what is so damned important about this mega yacht or it's passengers that it has dominated all the papers and 'news' channels for days on end?

And is it just a coincidence that Stephen Chamberlain was killed this week too??

Look it's August, and the weather in the UK is iffy. All the meeja people fancy a jaunt to the Med, so expect this story to run.

And I doubt that even our lizard overlords could arrange a hit and run and a tornado. Hit and run, certainly, but tornados are a problem.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Cousin Jack wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:49 pm
MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:29 pm So educate me, what is so damned important about this mega yacht or it's passengers that it has dominated all the papers and 'news' channels for days on end?

Look it's August, and the weather in the UK is iffy. All the meeja people fancy a jaunt to the Med, so expect this story to run.

And I doubt that even our lizard overlords could arrange a hit and run and a tornado. Hit and run, certainly, but tornados are a problem.
We have tiny ones here every day.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Cousin Jack wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:49 pm but tornados are a problem.
Shaped charge anchored to the sea bed to imitate a water funnel when ignited would look like an act of nature :think: ;)
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Cousin Jack wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:49 pm

Does anyone know where Screwd was at the time ? :eh:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

He was a tech giant. Bill Gates saw him as opposition and took him out with some super concentrated cloud seeding!