In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Count Steer

Re: In todays news...

Post by Count Steer »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:46 pm What if all seagulls are called Steven?

Like all middle aged white women who like to complain are called Karen.
Woah. They can't all be Steven, you're forgetting the Jonathan Livingstons.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
cheb

Post by cheb »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:46 pm What if all seagulls are called Steven?

Like all middle aged white women who like to complain are called Karen.
And all mattresses are called Zem
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:43 pm During a break in play, somebody has decided to play their racism card for bonus points:

"Former chief superintendent of the Met Police, Dal Babu, told BBC Radio 4 the police actions were "appalling and unnecessary" and in his opinion racism played a part in the incident."
Here too:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/sainsburys-ar ... 21367.html

"The two-pack of “grey reinforced knee grow hem woven trousers” for seven-year-olds has connotations to a slur frequently used by racists, according to X user Esheru Kwaku.

"In his post, directed at Argos and Sainsbury’s, which acquired the company in 2016, Kwaku wrote: “Hi @sainsburys @Argos_Online I know you’re the same company, are you aware that the item name below is freely used by racists to by pass n-word filters?

“May I suggest renaming the item. Also maybe a few black faces in the decision making process, to avoid this in the future.”

All these race card players should be Brexited away. Or better still, sent to Rwanda. Nice and Brexity. :thumbup:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I saw that stupid cop kicking a dude in the head.
Wasn't sure until I just saw this second video of him attacking an innocent bystander. Twat

https://news.sky.com/story/police-offic ... n-13184832
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

MyLittleStudPony wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:16 pm “.Also maybe a few black faces in the decision making process,.”
I thought you weren't allowed to wear that any more?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:49 pm Copper giving a wrong 'un a shoeing.....

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cjqep1ew419o

It's funny how the videos doing the rounds only show the copper giving the suspect a hoof in the nugget, not the actions of said miscreant that caused the female plod to get a broken schnozzer.

I actually think giving a scumbag a good hoofing should be mandatory. Teach the fuckers a lesson.
No actually sure Plod should be hoofing folk in the head like that, whatever his crimes. :wtf:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:49 pm Copper giving a wrong 'un a shoeing.....

It's funny how the videos doing the rounds only show the copper giving the suspect a hoof in the nugget, not the actions of said miscreant that caused the female plod to get a broken schnozzer.

I actually think giving a scumbag a good hoofing should be mandatory. Teach the fuckers a lesson.
No actually sure Plod should be hoofing folk in the head like that, whatever his crimes. :wtf:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Sayin' twice ain't gonna make you any righter.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:08 pm Sayin' twice ain't gonna make you any righter.
My words of wisdom echo round this place...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:58 pm

It does seem excessive... The only irritation is that we NEVER see what happened in the 1min before hand... It may seem excessive now, but not at the time/circumstance when it first came about.

However, the copper/coppers are in a world of shit now for sure.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:58 pm

No actually sure Plod should be hoofing folk in the head like that, without hoofing the one with the camera first, whatever his crimes. :wtf:
FTFY.

I'd say his action, despite severe provocation, was 'ill advised'. Most of us might be tempted to do the same in the heat of the moment but the police are expected - and hopefully trained - to react with a degree of restraint.

I expect it will end with a large payout to the bloke on the floor. :(
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:18 am
I'd say his action, despite severe provocation, was 'ill advised'. Most of us might be tempted to do the same in the heat of the moment but the police are expected - and hopefully trained - to react with a degree of restraint.

I expect it will end with a large payout to the bloke on the floor. :(

If the female copper did indeed receive a broken nose before the filmed bit she will also receive a payout.

But you're right, the kicker was way out of order and he's in the shit.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Yambo wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:34 am
If the female copper did indeed receive a broken nose before the filmed bit she will also receive a payout.

But you're right, the kicker was way out of order and he's in the shit.
Mixed feelings about this. Yes it looked terrible as viewed on the video, and yes the guy was on the floor but he was an armed cop and they can't be rolling round the floor with people in case they lose control of their gun. He had a taser that (I think) had already been used so was useless and a colleage that was out of action. I don't think it's as cut and dried as that video makes it out to be.

But I agree, he will be hung drawn and quartered whatver the circumstances.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

The police have a problem.

Society wants police people to be all warm and cuddly, sympathetic and nice. Except when it wants them to get tough with violent criminals, rioters and other assorted troublemakers.

The recruitment and training for those two groups are quite different. Damned if they do, and dawned if they don't.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

There's a second video in this story. Even worse.

https://news.sky.com/story/manchester-a ... 2D13185131
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:47 am There's a second video in this story. Even worse.

https://news.sky.com/story/manchester-a ... 2D13185131
Not just a Rochdale family, but a 'hardworking, Rochdale family'. What is it M.P.s that hey have to use these cliches every time they open their mouths?
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:05 am Except when it wants them to get tough with violent criminals, rioters and other assorted troublemakers.
Shoot them all in the head for my money, but when a fella is face down on the ground, after being tasered, you don't don't take a penalty kick at his face, if needs be (and it wasn't) he could have been tasered again.
You also don't pepper spray someone for holding a phone in your face, and you don't pistol whip someone with a taser.
Flux

Post by Flux »

cheb wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:01 pm

And all mattresses are called Zem
Possibly a touch niche :lol:
cheb

Post by cheb »

Probably yes. But if every I started selling them I call the shop Zem Mattresses.

It's either that or a stationer's selling quaint notebooks to weekend Pagans.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

MyLittleStudPony wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:16 pm
gremlin wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:43 pm During a break in play, somebody has decided to play their racism card for bonus points:

"Former chief superintendent of the Met Police, Dal Babu, told BBC Radio 4 the police actions were "appalling and unnecessary" and in his opinion racism played a part in the incident."
Here too:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/sainsburys-ar ... 21367.html

"The two-pack of “grey reinforced knee grow hem woven trousers” for seven-year-olds has connotations to a slur frequently used by racists, according to X user Esheru Kwaku.

"In his post, directed at Argos and Sainsbury’s, which acquired the company in 2016, Kwaku wrote: “Hi @sainsburys @Argos_Online I know you’re the same company, are you aware that the item name below is freely used by racists to by pass n-word filters?

“May I suggest renaming the item. Also maybe a few black faces in the decision making process, to avoid this in the future.”

All these race card players should be Brexited away. Or better still, sent to Rwanda. Nice and Brexity. :thumbup:
Why does Esheru Kwaku think all black people know all white supremacist slang? Does he know how racist he sounds?
Personally I think they are better off hiring white supremacists for that job.