What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
cheb

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by cheb »

ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Decided I really must lose some weight after I cracked the throne seat last night.
Those who possess real knowledge are rare.

Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still.

The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Started 7 nights last night, got home, slept to 1130 then woke. Had to go and pick up the dogs medication from the vets, decided to take the ZH2 which I'd cleaned and polished last week, it was sunny and dry when I left. Then it rained, a lot. When I got home the bike was filthy and to make matters worse Mrs M couldn't understand my upset. So a 40 minute round trip resulted in 2hs cleaning.🤬
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Skub

Post by Skub »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:32 pm Started 7 nights last night, got home, slept to 1130 then woke. Had to go and pick up the dogs medication from the vets, decided to take the ZH2 which I'd cleaned and polished last week, it was sunny and dry when I left. Then it rained, a lot. When I got home the bike was filthy and to make matters worse Mrs M couldn't understand my upset. So a 40 minute round trip resulted in 2hs cleaning.🤬
One of my pet hates!

Or being out on a good dry day,then running through a river over the road,or a dose of cow shit. The Zed fires it up to the headstock at the front,up and over the rear seat cowl into every bloody nook and cranny. The thing looks like it's been toured for a fortnight and never seen a wash! :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Skub

Post by Skub »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:03 pm Decided I really must lose some weight after I cracked the throne seat last night.
Fat Cahunt. :lol:
Walt Whitman
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Got an MOT on the car.

I love my local MOT station, it's run by a family who hire mini buses, coaches and do wedding cars. They took on a unit at a local industrial estate to maintain the fleet and do their own MOT's.

I always take my cars and vans to them, they always fit me in and best of all, they fix the cheap stuff for free and don't even mention it.

Just got home, look at the print outs and the first is a fail for the rear numberplate bulbs, the second is a pass. They just replaced the bulbs and retested. Didn't call to tell me, didn't charge me, they just did it.

The same has happened before on my old Beemer. I guess the bulbs are so cheap for them that they just don't care.

I hate to think what Halfrauds Autocentre where I used to take the cars would have charged to supply and fit a bulb!

They only charge £35 for the test too.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:47 pm Got an MOT on the car.

The MOTs (ITV) here is a strange affair. All Govt run and it's usually in a huge warehouse type place. Buses, taxis, bikes and even them tourist sight seeing trains. And they are super strict. Every vehicle must be as it left the factory, unless a change has been officially done.

Then you get a windscreen sticker which lasts 2 years

Skub

Post by Skub »

Yorick wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:56 pm
The MOTs (ITV) here is a strange affair. All Govt run and it's usually in a huge warehouse type place. Buses, taxis, bikes and even them tourist sight seeing trains. And they are super strict. Every vehicle must be as it left the factory, unless a change has been officially done.
Then you get a windscreen sticker which lasts 2 years
That's the same as our lot in NI. No cosy back street dealers writing you a ticket for a nod and a wink. Your vehicle had better be right,or you'll be doing a retest at your own expense!
Walt Whitman
cheb

Post by cheb »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:47 pm Got an MOT on the car.

I love my local MOT station, it's run by a family who hire mini buses, coaches and do wedding cars. They took on a unit at a local industrial estate to maintain the fleet and do their own MOT's.

I always take my cars and vans to them, they always fit me in and best of all, they fix the cheap stuff for free and don't even mention it.

Just got home, look at the print outs and the first is a fail for the rear numberplate bulbs, the second is a pass. They just replaced the bulbs and retested. Didn't call to tell me, didn't charge me, they just did it.

The same has happened before on my old Beemer. I guess the bulbs are so cheap for them that they just don't care.

I hate to think what Halfrauds Autocentre where I used to take the cars would have charged to supply and fit a bulb!

They only charge £35 for the test too.

I've been led to believe that some places issue a fail, fix, retest, and then issue a pass because if their pass rate is outwith the norms VOSA take an interest.

True or not, it's plausible. It's still pleasing to have a garage who does these things, the people I use do similar, again family owned.
Horse

Post by Horse »

cheb wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:11 pm
I've been led to believe that some places issue a fail, fix, retest, and then issue a pass because if their pass rate is outwith the norms VOSA take an interest.

True or not, it's plausible. It's still pleasing to have a garage who does these things, the people I use do similar, again family owned.
I heard that it's more involved than that now. Because all of the pass/fail/warning information is electronic, it's easy to see, typically, how many of any particular vehicle are passing - and how, by garage, that differs from the national average.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Got a new Dyson, The Animal V7 cordless. Very impressed indeed.We've had a V6 for about 5 years but it's become a bit of a 'Trigger's Broom' and the release mechanism for the shit bin is on it's way out meaning it periodically drops it's guts all over the freshly vacuumed floor. I've relegated the old one to one of the outbuildings for cleaning dogs and kids and other horrible things. Living the fucking dream baby.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Stayed indoors because of the filthy weather outside.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Came to the realization I've been suffering from a slight bout of senior moments

Got two hummingbird feeders hanging outside the kitchen window. One is red, the other is blue, both made of glass. The blue one is a recent addition & replaced a red plastic one.
Had noticed that some of the hummers had red breasts/throats or red spot on their heads.
This week I noticed that what appeared to be the exact same hummers now had blue spots...

Silly fucker here didn't realize it was a reflection from the glass... :roll:

Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still.

The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Got stabbed in the left knee by the ortho dude. Round one (of three) hyaluronic acid gel. Had the first three back in May, but they wore off a few weeks back.
Stung a bit, took a minute to be able to walk normally again on the way out.

Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

1888 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:26 pm
I could not get an MOT for my bus. Its still registered as a bus so class 5 but,,,,, as the seats were taking out by last owner who was living in it it cant get MOT's as a bus. I presented it as a camper and they can MOT as presented but i was not far enough into the build for him so MOT was aborted. Now re booked for the 20th and full working kitchen is in just not finished. Working sofa bed and he can clearly see the loo/shower room so i think i am good to go this time.
Van with windows instead of a camper? There's a checklist on the DVLA website that list the requirements for a camper, maybe that will help.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Cousin Jack wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:27 pm Spent this morning on watch with the NCI. To say it was quiet would be an understatement, 5 boats logged in 4 hours, and 2 of them were warships about 15 miles out. To put that in perspective, a busy day would see 10-15 commercial boats, and 25+ leisure craft, with anything over 5 miles out being ignored .

This afternoon was a QA sub-committee meeting for the Multi-Academy Trust. That wasn't a barrel of laughs either, but hopefully was a mite more useful.

Tomorrow may be better, it will be hard pressed to be more boring.
You have my admiration, being out on the water and in trouble is potentially one of the scariest things ever and knowing that there are people out there looking out for you is a huge comfort.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Had a 'debridement' of my lower jaw. Following wisdom tooth extraction, infection set in. This morning the sawbone reopened the wound, drilled out infected bone, gave it all a wash and brush up and then stitched it all back up again.
I was, mercifully, zonked out for the duration and only remember getting to 'two' when counting down from five and then waking in the recovery room. Had a couple of doses or morphine for the pain which, despite asking, they won't let me take home. Christ it's good!!
Just waiting to make good my escape now....
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Horse

Post by Horse »

Eek! :o GWS
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
cheb

Post by cheb »

Medical grade opiates are lush. I had 2cc of diamorph when I had appendicitis. Anything that could take me from from not caring if I lived or died to being happy must be good.

One of the things that stops me taking pills is not knowing what's actually in it. One advantage of nitrous I suppose.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

went for a cycle, got a puncture, fixed it. :mrgreen:
CBR650r :mrgreen: