What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

13 hour transfer day, but, 3 of those were just sitting around waiting :(

Got home, quick snack (cos my mate didn't want to eat out as she had to eat up some of the food still in the apartment, she's leaving tomorrow!) - but we did go out to a bar. Two rum and lemonades later and I feel pissed!! Not sure if it's the lack of food or serious lack of practice (TBF, it was locals measures :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Only got to go drinking cos I don't start till 3pm tomorrow, which is nice, but also don't finish till late :( But, should be back to 3 days a week off from this coming week :D

Only got to be out for about 9.30 tomorrow morning for coffee :) :)

Now gonna go hope to sleep, cos I do need sleep and I think I'm too pissed to do much else!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

7 hours sleep last night, which is about an hour over average, so full of vim and vigour;

Picked up a wheel from Kwik Fit after valve was replaced and tyre re-seated after the internal rim was cleaned, hoping that stops the 10psi a week leak, re-fitted same to my car.
Popped out and did the weekly shop on my tod, as per usual it took half the time it takes when accompanied by a responsible adult, aka the wife.
Chilled for an hour.
Took daughter out to buy a new (to her) car, another bloomin' Mini.
Had 2nd BBQ of the year.
Chilled watching Waterworld .
Chilling watching Lift.
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

Skub wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:17 pm
Wossname wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:21 pm Spent a few hours at the side of the road today waiting for recovery, because of this…IMG_2024-01-13-181738.jpegIMG_2024-01-13-181823.jpeg

Doh.
You'll have to do them all now,for peace of mind at least.
Umm… why do you say that - is there an actual reason or are you just trying to spoil my day even more? 😩😩😩😳😁
Felix

Post by Felix »

Wossname wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:25 pm
Skub wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:17 pm
Wossname wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:21 pm Spent a few hours at the side of the road today waiting for recovery, because of this…IMG_2024-01-13-181738.jpegIMG_2024-01-13-181823.jpeg

Doh.
You'll have to do them all now,for peace of mind at least.
Umm… why do you say that - is there an actual reason or are you just trying to spoil my day even more? 😩😩😩😳😁
Looks to close to the exhaust is my first thought
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

@Skub: a bit more info - a few k miles ago, the oil cooler sprung a leak and I had slight oil contamination in the coolant. (Google) >> I suspect that this may have weakened that hose so let it run closer than normal to the exhaust >> failure. Logic says that all hoses will be affected and should be replaced - so thanks for your prompt.
Samco - well respected aftermarket/ performance stuff, but… their FAQs say don’t use silicon hoses where there is contact with fuel or oil as it’s permeable to those, so I think it’ll be OEM and 🤞🤞. See if that works.

Apparently bleeding the system is a pain.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Wossname wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:06 am @Skub: a bit more info - a few k miles ago, the oil cooler sprung a leak and I had slight oil contamination in the coolant. (Google) >> I suspect that this may have weakened that hose so let it run closer than normal to the exhaust >> failure. Logic says that all hoses will be affected and should be replaced - so thanks for your prompt.
Samco - well respected aftermarket/ performance stuff, but… their FAQs say don’t use silicon hoses where there is contact with fuel or oil as it’s permeable to those, so I think it’ll be OEM and 🤞🤞. See if that works.

Apparently bleeding the system is a pain.
Deep joy. Git a boi to do it. :thumbup:

I replaced the hoses on my 10R with Samco stuff. I only did it as a preventative measure,as the oe hoses were still good after 15 years.

It's a bit odd Samco making hoses for and engine,then forbidding use near fuel and oil. Did they imagine they'd be for decoration? :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

It seems that medicating with rum does work! I slept REALLY well. REALLY REALLY well!! Until a colleague text me at 7am :roll: Went for coffee with a mate that is flying back today :( :(

Have medicated with a berocca fizz bomb, lemon juice and honey and paracetamol/ibuprofen/anti-histamine!!

About to make sarnies for the wait near Geneva later and also some hot honey and lemon water in a flask for the few hours I'm out. Seriously tempting to have rum when I get home as that sleep was lovely!! LOL

A side effect of the lurgy is that I have the most amazing telephone voice - in between coughing!! :lol: :lol: If I knew how to set it up I could make some decent money!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Emptied the loft, wired, baited and set a couple of traps up there to catch clog wearing noisy bastard squirrel
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

This morning I took the wife to work. Come back home, coffee and then into the Church to pray Morning Prayers.

Then I had a meeting with a couple who postponed their wedding a year. They have been together since primary school, have two sets of twins and a daughter. They wanted to make things "right" by having a church wedding and are really looking forward to the July event! Very exciting. Had a lovely chat with them and helped them out with some music points "I have seen the light" from Tangled (the children know it well and will happy coming into that music).

Then some admin work. I made butter... first time in around 40 years! And it is lush. Bit of sea salt in it, and so good.

About to have a Baptism meeting with a young woman who wants her three children Baptised, and I have a young man who is thinking of ordination shadowing me so see what this priest life is all about. Might have taken him to the school assembly but DBS checks prevent that.

Then collect wife from the station, cook dinner and have a glass of Pinot.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I went out to get some fresh air (and a coffee) on the way to work only I felt so rough that I called into the office to say I was going home!

My colleague is a bit yoghurt weavy - not madly so but maybe on a similar level to me - so I came home via the pharmacie to get some essential oils that would apparently help with the lurgy and the chest infection. Mostly because it's chucking it with snow so the chances are I'd have had to sat in the doctors waiting room for a couple of hours to actually see him and get a prescription for anything (I was guessing antibots, nut no real idea what he could do for this lurgy). I've had the lurgy for a few days, but today was a bad day!

I've actually slept most of the day which is good, and do feel a bit better, which is kinda wierd but very welcome! Anyway, a prescription would have cost me less but not sure anything he'd have given me would have been much better than what I've got - and the stuff I bought today will last longer!!!

Now I'm half awake again I'll redose and probably go to bed!! :lol: :lol:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Worked, scraped ice off car so I could put the windscreen cover on, rowed, had a chuckle at Mr Squirrel, reset traps, and now to make lunch for tomorrow
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Bugger all. Stayed in bed until 9.40, got up, pottered about, had a shower & was asked why I wasn't dressed at 11.30.
Got dressed & just had breakie at 11.45.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

MrLongbeard wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:56 pm Worked, scraped ice off car so I could put the windscreen cover on, rowed, had a chuckle at Mr Squirrel, reset traps, and now to make lunch for tomorrow
:eh:

Horse

Post by Horse »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:35 am
MrLongbeard wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:56 pm Worked, scraped ice off car so I could put the windscreen cover on, rowed, had a chuckle at Mr Squirrel, reset traps, and now to make lunch for tomorrow

No relation
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

The car doesn't move for 6 days a week, and with the temps monday / tuesday it was never going to thaw in time for my tuesday commute.
It's less of a ball ache to scrape ice in the winter sun during the day than at 06:00 hrs in the pitch black freezing cold.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

I know this is a bit of a left-field choice on 'ere, but....

Rode my bike. :thumbup:

First time in about 4 weeks. Bit nippy, but the heated 'ands and arse works really well, as do the M&S long-johns. Sexxxay!
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

MrLongbeard wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:21 am

The car doesn't move for 6 days a week, and with the temps monday / tuesday it was never going to thaw in time for my tuesday commute.
It's less of a ball ache to scrape ice in the winter sun during the day than at 06:00 hrs in the pitch black freezing cold.
I never scraped the ice in UK. Just chucked a bottle of lukewarm water over it.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:55 am
MrLongbeard wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:21 am

I never scraped the ice in UK. Just chucked a bottle of lukewarm water over it.
Remote start with set internal temp, and front and rear demist! Then heated seat and steering wheel! :thumbup: Shame I commute on a motorbike! :roll:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:00 pm Remote start with set internal temp, and front and rear demist! Then heated seat and steering wheel!
Heat set to 18 degrees, window open, heated seat on and in shorts, we don't need some namby pamby remote start
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Drove a friend's mum to the station this morning (in my friend's car!) - which meant I was able to stay down to do some shopping!!

Took another friend with me and met her parents - they bought lunch which was nice!!

Interesting driving (well, only up high, lower down it was raining!) as there has been heavy snow all day but it's that wet, sticky, heavy snow!! Blurgh! Not nice to walk or ski on, but hey, it'll be great once the temps drop next week :D :D

Heading off to get fish n chips and do a pub quiz later :o :o

All good fun :)