In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
MyLittleStudPony

Re: In todays news...

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

Keep it Brexity and send them to Rwanda.

Have you noticed how it's all men coming over, never women or children? Except that seven year old girl who died this week trying to make the crossing of course

Anyway, keep it Brexity and send them to Rwanda. :thumbup:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Best the kids don't make it, we'd only peado them anyways,
Horse

Post by Horse »

Taipan wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:10 pm Aggravated burglary! Deffo the right choice, but no real winners here with lives lost and ruined all round!

I've never heard of a farmer that didn't have gun, so breaking into a farmers place is a pretty stupid thing to do.
And, I suppose, the outcome of the legal stuff will come down to one thing: was he shot in the back? If so, bad for the farmer - life ruined.

And sickening too that a 'tribute' has been set up. For what, being an alleged thief? Or did he accidentally fall into a remote property?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Taipan wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:10 pm I've never heard of a farmer that didn't have gun, so breaking into a farmers place is a pretty stupid thing to do.
I knew some who had .303's for culling deer.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Horse wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:57 pm And, I suppose, the outcome of the legal stuff will come down to one thing: was he shot in the back? If so, bad for the farmer - life ruined.
That's why ya yell "Hey! You dropped your wallet" as they run away, causing then to stop & turn around... *bang*
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Taipan wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:10 pm
Horse wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:26 pm Another man, in his 20s, was arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary after the vehicle he was travelling in was stopped on the A6 near Chapel-en-le-Frith on Wednesday afternoon.

Honour amongst alleged thieves. Buggered off and left his injured oppo to carry the can.
Aggravated burglary! Deffo the right choice, but no real winners here with lives lost and ruined all round!

I've never heard of a farmer that didn't have gun, so breaking into a farmers place is a pretty stupid thing to do.
Sometimes it's the guns they go burgling for on farms. I don't suppose lots of farmers bother with the locked gun case thing. Probably leave 'em loaded and propped by the kitchen door and hang pheasants in the gun case.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
irie

Post by irie »

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/uk- ... 41750.html
UK-Ireland migration row deepens as Tories signal offer to allow Ireland join Rwanda scheme
If Ireland accepts the offer then logically so should France. If they don't accept the offer then it's almost certain migrants will continue to flow into the Irish Republic. So seems they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

But keep it nice and Brexity (c) @MyLittleStudPony
MyLittleStudPony wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:25 pm Keep it Brexity and send them to Rwanda.

Have you noticed how it's all men coming over, never women or children? Except that seven year old girl who died this week trying to make the crossing of course

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

MyLittleStudPony wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:25 pm Keep it Brexity and send them to Rwanda.

What point are you trying to make? Are you saying we shouldn't try to discourage people from putting themselves and their children in danger?

Or what?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yet again we see the RNLI bringing in the boat people and leaving the service unable to respond to its normal duties should they be required. WTF don't they return to them from whence they came! WTF doesn't border patrol stop them. WTF are we paying the ever useless Le Plod/Douane to wish them Bon Voyage...

In the last 7 days alone.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ast-7-days
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Well...if our RNLI took them back, they'd be riots on the boats.
Border patrol are glad to see them leave, I would be.
Our government likes wasting our money. while our country falls apart.

It's a shit show run by useless fcukers. Nothing will change. 🙂👍
Yamaha rocket 3
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

From GOV.UK
Annotation 2024-05-03 140345.png
Annotation 2024-05-03 140345.png (27.41 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Seems to be mostly.

Assume the 'Unknown' are claiming to be gender confused in order to be fast-tracked.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
MyLittleStudPony

Bojo did the Rwanda stuff as a distraction, he never thought it would be implemented. I don't think it will to any significant degree, they just want an us against them establishment argument. A bit of dog whistling to keep the gammons voting Tory.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

MyLittleStudPony wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:36 pm Bojo did the Rwanda stuff as a distraction, he never thought it would be implemented. I don't think it will to any significant degree, they just want an us against them establishment argument. A bit of dog whistling to keep the gammons voting Tory.
Have you seen the local election results? If that's what it is, it ain't working.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

RNLI is a charity, dedicated to saving lives at sea. Any and all lives.

Blame the Govt by all means, but not a charity doing what it was set up to do.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Horse wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:57 pm was he shot in the back? If so, bad for the farmer - life ruined.
It’s the code of the West.
MyLittleStudPony

Saga Lout wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:30 pm
MyLittleStudPony wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:36 pm Bojo did the Rwanda stuff as a distraction, he never thought it would be implemented. I don't think it will to any significant degree, they just want an us against them establishment argument. A bit of dog whistling to keep the gammons voting Tory.
Have you seen the local election results? If that's what it is, it ain't working.
I don't think it was ever going to work. They're just clutching at straws now
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

MyLittleStudPony wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:06 am
Saga Lout wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:30 pm
I don't think it was ever going to work. They're just clutching at straws now
You'd think they might want to publicise stuff that appears to be going well though. Anyone heard any politicians bragging that the UK became the world's 4th largest exporter of goods and services in 2022? Leapfrogging 3 places past Japan, France and the Netherlands? Hardly a peep.

How very, very strange. :hmmm:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

Taipan wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:05 pm Yet again we see the RNLI bringing in the boat people and leaving the service unable to respond to its normal duties should they be required. WTF don't they return to them from whence they came! WTF doesn't border patrol stop them. WTF are we paying the ever useless Le Plod/Douane to wish them Bon Voyage...

In the last 7 days alone.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ast-7-days
How many of those people were picked up by the RNLI? You don’t know but you are willing to spread the lies.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

So, showing just how popular the opinions of elderly racists are in the London mayoral elections the Britain First candidate had recieved less votes than Count Binface.

There may be some lessons for the Conservatives in there alttough I doubt they'll take heed til theyve had a significant journey where they deny, blame everyone else, lick their wounds then eventually realise that perhaps the centre ground is where most of the votes are.

Any bets for how long that will take? I reckon at least two general elections before theyyre baxk properly after the centre ground.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

The Tories will be back when people are sufficiently displeased with Labour.