What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
MingtheMerciless

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:23 pm
MingtheMerciless wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:41 pm Cooked a roast at work.IMG_0591.jpeg
Still savaging your carrots I see, what did they ever do to you? :D
It’s the peeler at work, it’s all or nothing and woe betide you if a finger tip strays in front of it…….
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Today, I are mostly cooking snorkers...

Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Well I have changed career and become a people trafficker!
We've spent the last 3 weeks helping out at a friend's place after his stroke in Spain. Decided to come back through Andorra for a bit of cheap alcohol and tabs for our friends! Anyway, we're 10k or so away from Andorra and i ask swmbo to get my passport out of the glove box, she then says
"We need passports!"
So she's in the toilet of the moho as we cross into Andorra and France, just in case we get asked.
Had to keep best non guilty face on when asked 'seulement vous'
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

I turned the heating up pretty high at about 3pm today. And it stayed on until just now. But at the time when I did it, I thought not doing so might have poxed a shag I was about to have. So it was probably about four pounds well spent. :thumbup:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I had a mercy dash to Brighton as my daughter's student digs has a dodgy door catch that locks her in. My dislike of seaside towns was reinforced, horrible place.
I did get thinking when I was overtaken by a few of the vintage car rally, are really old cars exempt having a speedo and therefore immune to the blanket 20mph covering most of Brighton?
David

Post by David »

Mussels wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:40 pm I had a mercy dash to Brighton as my daughter's student digs has a dodgy door catch that locks her in. My dislike of seaside towns was reinforced, horrible place.
I did get thinking when I was overtaken by a few of the vintage car rally, are really old cars exempt having a speedo and therefore immune to the blanket 20mph covering most of Brighton?
No.
Ignorance is no defence in English law.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Was having an amazing enduro ride. By myself so able to choose my fave routes.
Then up in the hills a got caught by a freak rain cloud. Absolutely soaked and could see bugger all.
Headed down and within 5 mins all blue skies again. Soon dried off :)

Bike got filthy so gave it first wash in about 6 months :D

Still love the looks :)
20231106_145303.jpg
20231106_145303.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 358 times
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I met a friend for coffee this morning (cos I had a late start) and happened to mention that a pizza restaurant that I've not tried (well, not since the change of owner) has just reopened. So is the only restaurant open in the evening up here. He was raving about their pizzas so somehow we ended up making a plan to go for pizza tonight!!

He text a bit before and said that he'd forgotten that friend of his was coming up to resort and could he invite her too. Of course!!

So, I've just had dinner with two Fronch and I've not spoken English at all! I know I post these little wins often, but it does seriously make me happy to finally, after so many years, be able to go out with French and not have to resort to English!

Even saw two other friends, one of whom probably only remembers me as having a very poor smattering of Franglais!! So that was cool too!! (The other I actually speak to quite often when I go for coffee in the mornings!!)

So, after a very boring afternoon at work, I've had a really good evening! But, it's bloody tiring!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Mot’d the car, straight pass, no advisories.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Yorick wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:01 pm got caught by a freak rain cloud. Absolutely soaked
Quoted for future reference ;)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
cheb

Post by cheb »

Started asking for quotes for a shed at the new house. How much is an 11x7 steel shed delivered to here? I should know by the end of the week.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

cheb wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:04 pm How much is an 11x7 steel shed delivered to here?
Never mind that, real question is how long it will stay there. Isn't it a bit breezy?
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Today I have mainly come home. :thumbup:

Now I have to start shedding the weight that restaurant/gastropub food has added. But first I had to satisfy a craving for fresh fruit and a proper :angry-cussingblack: cup of tea.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:17 pm Today I have mainly come home. :thumbup:

Now I have to start shedding the weight that restaurant/gastropub food has added. But first I had to satisfy a craving for fresh fruit and a proper :angry-cussingblack: cup of tea.
Same - 5 days away, 10lbs added!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Made myself some scrambled eggs in the microwave at work, as I've done for many years. Throw in a toasted bagel and a bit of smoked salmon, and you have a tasty lunch. Easy-peasy, right?

Anyway, along comes a woman who asks what I'm making. I tell her it's scrambled eggs. Looks at me agog, incredulous that such a stunt can be attempted in a microwave. One of her friends comes over and the two of them start to grill me on how to make it. I mean, I didn't want to be facetious, but it's eggs and drop of milk...in a bowl in the microwave. Stirred once in a while.
They then watch me complete this seeming feat of culinary witchcraft by deftly removing it from the microwave, and when I plonk on a few bit of smoked salmon and shove the toasted bagel on the top, the accompanying sighs of delight were almost embarrassing.

I now know how celebrity chefs must feel doing a cooking demo. :wtf:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
cheb

Post by cheb »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:05 pm
cheb wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:04 pm How much is an 11x7 steel shed delivered to here?
Never mind that, real question is how long it will stay there. Isn't it a bit breezy?
It'll be well anchored down. The base will likely be 150mm of reinforced concrete, I'm not sure if they'll set rag bolts in for the uprights or there's a pad with protruding suds that gets cast in.

I'm hoping I can squeeze it in under permitted developments.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Lit the fire!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Demannu wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:17 pmLit the fire!
Just back from staying at a place where the person we saw most of was the man with a wheelbarrow of logs who seemed to appear twice a day to feed the fireplaces. 7.30 this morning and the dining room fire was going a treat. He, meanwhile, was wearing shorts :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

got my ZZR 14 back from Leeds Yesterday after having abandoned it in Spain Earlier in October Was a nice sunny day for a ride back to Askrigg in The Yorkshire dales.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Finished the west side scratio for the shed. All done with blocks I found in the new garden, there's a few terracotta tiles on edge in there, the rain will wash the quarry dust grouting into the gaps. The cementy looking patch is the quarry dust. It's not permanant but the blocks may as well be useful when stored rather just in stacks. Next I'll start on the south side with the rest of the 100mm blocks. The bench was left in the shed too, it'll do a turn for the firewood saw.