This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
irie

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by irie »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:20 pm Biden just canceled his Vegas appearance & is off home to his basement as he has covid again.

Thinking maybe he will become "too ill" to continue his campaign...
Biden will be gone by the end of this month ... pure hunch, nothing more.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

wheelnut wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:54 am Just when you thought you’d seen it all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/videos/cldy39vpv4qo
WTF is wrong with these people? I mean, seriously.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

wheelnut wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:54 am Just when you thought you’d seen it all.

I said at home i bet we see that at the next rally. :D

Bizarrely I heard criticism of Trump wearing a bandage for dramatic effect. FFS he's just had a bullet rip his ear, do they really think he's going to walk around with an open wound! :roll:

Trump gets shot and rises from the ground with blood on his face and punches the air in defiance. Biden gets covid and cancels all engagements. I reckon the democrats will be carrying Trump into the Whitehouse on a palanquin at this rate! :crazy:
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

As if wearing one of those Dorky MAGA caps wasn't enough to mark you out as a spanner.
Sometimes I think US politics is just Charlie Brooker scoping out his next Black Mirror script.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:19 pm
I said at home i bet we see that at the next rally. :D

Bizarrely I heard criticism of Trump wearing a bandage for dramatic effect. FFS he's just had a bullet rip his ear, do they really think he's going to walk around with an open wound! :roll:

Trump gets shot and rises from the ground with blood on his face and punches the air in defiance. Biden gets covid and cancels all engagements. I reckon the democrats will be carrying Trump into the Whitehouse on a palanquin at this rate! :crazy:
I'd rather not be shot but, drama side, I've had worse DIY injuries and even those were shrugged off with a bit of gaffer tape as a plaster and I carried on - I certainly didn't need to be off work. COVID, or a cold or flu is enough to lay you low for a few days.

Take away the hysteria and those are the facts. I actually thought Trump's ear bandage was rather discreet, expecting him to come out with half his head wrapped up, but I guess his advisors thought otherwise given that his 'bullet wound' produced less blood than a nosebleed.
Last edited by DefTrap on Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:36 pm

As if wearing one of those Dorky MAGA caps wasn't enough to mark you out as a spanner.
Sometimes I think US politics is just Charlie Brooker scoping out his next Black Mirror script.
It seems to have annoyed (some of) the right people. I'd call that a win. :lol:
Ian

Post by Ian »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:19 pm Bizarrely I heard criticism of Trump wearing a bandage for dramatic effect. FFS he's just had a bullet rip his ear, do they really think he's going to walk around with an open wound! :roll:
When we were at school we made pipe bombs and set them off in the woods behind the school at lunchtime. My mate Sean peeked out from behind the tree and a piece of shrapnel sliced hi ear in half. He did all the afternoon lessons with a split ear before he went home and he was only 13. Pah! :lol:
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:19 pmBizarrely I heard criticism of Trump wearing a bandage for dramatic effect. FFS he's just had a bullet rip his ear, do they really think he's going to walk around with an open wound! :roll:
Pretty sure most of us have had grazes to the skin in the past that we didn't bandage.

Not suggesting his didn't require one, I have no idea, but let's not get carried away. He wasn't 'shot' - he was shot at, and got a booboo. And he's being a big, brave soldier :)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Surely, given Covid is still highly infectious, the proper thing to do if diagnosed is to stay home? And since he's in his 80's, if it is covid, there's a fairly big risk to him if he doesn't rest up for the duration

Yes, Trump was 'shot at', but if his rhino hide can get over the fact that someone aimed a gun in his general direction, the scratch on his ear shouldn't stop him 'working'!! I've gone to work the day after various injuries requiring a handful stitches, so a grazed ear wouldn't stop me!! (The thought of someone wanting to shoot me might, but my hide ain't as thick as Mr Trump's!!)
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Slenver wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:15 pm He wasn't 'shot' - he was shot at,
Noggin wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:24 pm
Yes, Trump was 'shot at',
Hmmm. bullet enters or otherwise grazes a body part doesn't count as being shot in your books, or are you going for the teleprompter glass theory?
cheb

Post by cheb »

Events like this are very educational. Everyone now is an expert on ballistics, sniping and wound dressing.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Surely, given Covid is still highly infectious, the proper thing to do if diagnosed is to stay home? And since he's in his 80's, if it is covid, there's a fairly big risk to him if he doesn't rest up for the duration

Yes, Trump was 'shot at', but if his rhino hide can get over the fact that someone aimed a gun in his general direction, the scratch on his ear shouldn't stop him 'working'!! I've gone to work the day after various injuries requiring a handful stitches, so a grazed ear wouldn't stop me!! (The thought of someone wanting to shoot me might, but my hide ain't as thick as Mr Trump's!!)
Yeahbut, we're all vaccinated. :crazy: Seriously, you can see how the PR people are going to play this. Although I don't think they are needed...
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:30 pm Hmmm. bullet enters or otherwise grazes a body part doesn't count as being shot in your books, or are you going for the teleprompter glass theory?
I wasn't going for any theory other than someone shot at him and it grazed his ear.

I'm sure that technically that counts at 'being shot' (and I'd definitely say it did if it happened to me!) and I was clearly being flippant in response to Tiepin's post, but let's be honest here... he'll milk that fucking bandage for all its worth! It's literally the best thing that's ever happened to him since his dad gave him $400m to play at business.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:36 pm

Yeahbut, we're all vaccinated. :crazy: Seriously, you can see how the PR people are going to play this. Although I don't think they are needed...
If Biden went out and about whilst positive for covid, he'd get hammered in the press for infecting people - can't win!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Slenver wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:37 pm
I'm sure that technically that counts at 'being shot' (and I'd definitely say it did if it happened to me!) and I was clearly being flippant in response to Tiepin's post, but let's be honest here... he'll milk that fucking bandage for all its worth!

It would get an American serviceman a Purple Heart if an enemy combatant had fire the shot.

It's going to get him back in the White House, of course he'll milk it.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

I wasn't going for any theory other than someone shot at him and it grazed his ear.

I'm sure that technically that counts at 'being shot' (and I'd definitely say it did if it happened to me!) and I was clearly being flippant in response to Tiepin's post, but let's be honest here... he'll milk that fucking bandage for all its worth! It's literally the best thing that's ever happened to him since his dad gave him $400m to play at business.
Fwiw, I think Trump is playing this very cleverly, he’s playing the unity card and showing how politically astute he is.
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

wheelnut wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:11 pm

Fwiw, I think Trump is playing this very cleverly, he’s playing the unity card and showing how politically astute he is.
I wouldn't suggest he's playing anything particularly cleverly as such. The man's an utter moron who can barely string a sentence together.

But he knows that whining, playing the victim, and repeating lies over and over works with his cult members. You can teach a 4 year-old that. In fact, all 4 year-olds do this instinctively!
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Slenver wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:22 pm
I wouldn't suggest he's playing anything particularly cleverly as such. The man's an utter moron who can barely string a sentence together.

But he knows that whining, playing the victim, and repeating lies over and over works with his cult members. You can teach a 4 year-old that. In fact, all 4 year-olds do this instinctively!
Exactly, he’s identified his market (not to mention identifying that it exists) and he’s exploiting it to its full potential.

He does have natural animal political instincts, and the Democratic Party dismissing him as a moron is what’s got him this far.
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

wheelnut wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:28 pm
Slenver wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:22 pm

Exactly, he’s identified his market (not to mention identifying that it exists) and he’s exploiting it to its full potential.

He does have natural animal political instincts, and the Democratic Party dismissing him as a moron is what’s got him this far.
As his own son-in-law said, "He just knows Republicans are stupid and they’ll buy it"
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

If I overheard somebody talking about the presidential candidates but didn't hear what went before:
Slenver wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:22 pm I wouldn't suggest he's playing anything particularly cleverly as such. The man's an utter moron who can barely string a sentence together.
Sleepy Creepy Joe, I reckon. Let's listen a bit more:
Slenver wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:22 pm But he knows that whining, playing the victim, and repeating lies over and over works with his cult members. You can teach a 4 year-old that. In fact, all 4 year-olds do this instinctively!
Yes, definitely Biden.