In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
JackyJoll

Re: In todays news...

Post by JackyJoll »

Greenman wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:29 pm
I'm a great believer that we are here and when you time is up your time is up. You can't avoid death so instead embrace it and live the life you have here as much as you can. That's all that matters. I'm not sure especially in this day and age why people want to avoid death so much by doing things that make them feel ill whilst they are alive,
So, if we die from the vaccine, that’s bad, but if we die from not having the vaccine, that’s good?
it really does boggle my mind.
Doesn’t take much.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

JackyJoll wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:36 pm
Greenman wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:29 pm
I'm a great believer that we are here and when you time is up your time is up. You can't avoid death so instead embrace it and live the life you have here as much as you can. That's all that matters. I'm not sure especially in this day and age why people want to avoid death so much by doing things that make them feel ill whilst they are alive,
So, if we die from the vaccine, that’s bad, but if we die from not having the vaccine, that’s good?
it really does boggle my mind.
Doesn’t take much.
No.

I am talking about qaulity of life. Too many people want to live until 100+ without actually living at all and see those that want to live a faster life as scum.

There are too many people in the world now to worry about upsetting someone with your life choices, the world cannot accommodate all of people's life choices, you just have to make sure you are choosing the right choices for you. One of those choices for me was not to have the vaccine.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Greenman wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:52 pm
Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:41 am
DefTrap wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:15 am

Actual data states that the COVID-vaccinated are -
8 times less likely to get COVID-19
25 times less likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19
25 times less likely to die of COVID-19

So, your opening premise isn't correct. More 'traditional' vaccines, like say flu vaccines, don't offer you 100% protection either - but if you get it it is likely to be milder and shorter.
Modern diseases are more complicated than the older ones. That is because we no longer die from the older ones because of vaccines.
Feel free to not get vaccinated - but then perhaps the NHS should not waste their time treating you.
Sorry but that got my back up.

You cannot say this with any conviction what so ever without including yourself in that demographic.

Drinking coffee is bad for you, riding bikes is bad for you, drinking alcohol is bad for you, they are life choices, people have the right to choose how they live, not having drugs injected into your body is one for them, for now at least.

Just out of curiosity, if they made all of the vaccines mandatory how woould you feel about that?
If it was " and then not waste NHS time" or infect the rest of the population - then I wouldn't have a problem (given the correct toxicology reports). Would you want to see small pox or the plague running through the population .

The irony of all this is that you will smoke the herb until in comes out of your ears - and presumably you haven't studied all the scientific data re safety (and smoking)
And then the other recreationals that you use, you will have no idea where they have come from, what is in them etc.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Modern diseases are more complicated than the older ones. That is because we no longer die from the older ones because of vaccines.
Feel free to not get vaccinated - but then perhaps the NHS should not waste their time treating you.

You cannot say this with any conviction what so ever without including yourself in that demographic.

Drinking coffee is bad for you, riding bikes is bad for you, drinking alcohol is bad for you, they are life choices, people have the right to choose how they live, not having drugs injected into your body is one for them, for now at least.

Just out of curiosity, if they made all of the vaccines mandatory how woould you feel about that?
Essentially is was mandatory here. If you didn't have it you couldn't go into certain places or do certain jobs.

I had every Covid vaccine as early as I could (earlier than most of my friends cos I'm old with a high BMI), and had the most recent, non mandatory, one back in november.
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Felix

Post by Felix »

30 fucking years :O Must have been between eating pies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cg3kmmvey42o
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:12 pm

If it was " and then not waste NHS time" or infect the rest of the population - then I wouldn't have a problem (given the correct toxicology reports). Would you want to see small pox or the plague running through the population .

The irony of all this is that you will smoke the herb until in comes out of your ears - and presumably you haven't studied all the scientific data re safety (and smoking)
And then the other recreationals that you use, you will have no idea where they have come from, what is in them etc.
This isn't about me.

Again, we all make our own choices. If i choose to smoke the erb and i die from some sort of illness from it in my 60's or what ever then i would be happy i have lived my life the way i wanted to live it, conversely, i would also not judge others for taking vaccines etc that they think is right for them, I make comments about thinking it is not the right thing to do, but i won't judge that person for doing something just because i think it's not right, unlike you and your 'we shouldn't treat them' comment.

I just get annoyed when some people get on their high horse and think the way they are living is so much better than others because they have done what the gov have told them do. It's like it's against the law to be an individual and if you are different and have different morals and opinions to the sheep led massive you are seen as being some sort of mad man!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I didn't take the vaccine because the government told me to, i did it for exactly the same reason as I get my children vaccinated. Because it's a sensible idea :lol: I think this because I understand how they work (not literally, as in, what the point of them is) and what they do.

Not everything "the man" tells you to do is herd control. Some of it is a good idea, probably most of it in reality.

I dont' get the sense your objection to this vaccine is anything to do with your understanding of it Greenie. It's because "they" want you to take it and because other people made money off it. Ironically I think this attitude makes you a sheep.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:36 am I didn't take the vaccine because the government told me to, i did it for exactly the same reason as I get my children vaccinated. Because it's a sensible idea :lol: I think this because I understand how they work (not literally, as in, what the point of them is) and what they do.

Not everything "the man" tells you to do is herd control. Some of it is a good idea, probably most of it in reality.

I dont' get the sense your objection to this vaccine is anything to do with your understanding of it Greenie. It's because "they" want you to take it and because other people made money off it. Ironically I think this attitude makes you a sheep.
I suppose you are right. What do i know about medicine, fuck all, i am just influenced so much by what i see and hear around me and what i see others do or don't do.

If i see that our leaders are moving things forward in an ethical and productive manner that would reinforce to me that they are trying to do what is best for the country, if i see that they are making decisions based and what would be best for them and the people they know then i would instantly lose all trust in them, forever.

If you met someone, trusted them then they robbed your house, would you then trust them next time you met them? no, you would be sceptical about everything little thing they would do after that point. If they then robbed your mates again again and again you would never trust them again, this is how i feel about the tories and other big corps who have continually and actively pursued and followed through such untrustful actions.

I wish i could be more trusting and believe that they have our best interests at heart but we all know they don't, i struggle to see why you think they are all so trustworthy and is why i equate anyone that follows the blind leadership of anyone without questioning them as sheep.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

I’ve gone right off Coco Pops!
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Greenman wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:45 am If i see that our leaders
There's your problem, follow the science not the politics.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I don't think the Tories are telling me to take a vaccine (or telling me to do much else, really). I think you'd have to be a bit daft to believe that in such simple terms.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:16 am I don't think the Tories are telling me to take a vaccine (or telling me to do much else, really). I think you'd have to be a bit daft to believe that in such simple terms.
There is the broader point that (especially in the Johnson era) you couldn't believe a single word he uttered. His default position was to lie on just about everything or anything. And Major Covid coincided exactly with his watch. Subsequent PMs have been only slightly better in this regard. I know that all politicians are economical with the truth, but Johnson took that approach to new and dizzying heights (or depths, if you prefer).
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

You mean that deal wasn't oven ready?! :o
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

And he'd do it again. Look at that face.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:11 pm And he'd do it again. Look at that face.
A look of relish.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

JackyJoll wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:33 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:11 pm And he'd do it again. Look at that face.
A look of relish.
Did he have HP on it too?
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:35 pm
JackyJoll wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:33 pm
A look of relish.
Did he have HP on it too?
Is that what you would do?
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

No. I don't like HP sauce. Or tomato for that matter.