IOM TT

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Dodgy69

Re: IOM TT

Post by Dodgy69 »

Brilliant stuff...I do reckon the bm stocker is as quick as anything around here. We'll see tomorrow. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Dodgy69 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:57 pm Brilliant stuff...I do reckon the bm stocker is as quick as anything around here. We'll see tomorrow. 👍
It's getting to the stage where the bikes are too powerful and something a bit less vicious will be quicker
wull

Post by wull »

Well Senior day is upon us. What to expect?

What I want to know which I’m sure everyone else is as well is what bike will Hicky use today? Superbike or Superstock bike?

I’d like to see MD win it and for it to be outstanding and for the new outright lap record to get beat, the race record is 135.4 which will go but can the new 136.3 get smashed today, I think it can.

Here’s to some cracking racing with everyone getting to the finish.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

DH had a gooden, so it's been a 3 horse after all. Ace race and hats off to all of them. There's a few on the 130 step now. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
wull

Post by wull »

The Senior was an anticlimax for me, was hoping for closer racing but it is what it is. MD had handling issues from the get go and just couldn’t get into it. Hicky obviously just managed the last lap and didn’t have to go any faster, I’m certain if someone was up his chuff he’d have bettered the 136.3 mph lap.

Will have to wait now until next year see if MD can equal uncle Joey and surpass the 26 wins which I think he will.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Hicky won on the stocker rather than superbike too didn't he?
wull

Post by wull »

v8-powered wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:20 pm Hicky won on the stocker rather than superbike too didn't he?
No he used the Superbike
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

wull wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:28 pm
v8-powered wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:20 pm Hicky won on the stocker rather than superbike too didn't he?
No he used the Superbike
Oh right, thought I read he used the stocker. Still a decent result for him though....
Nordboy

Post by Nordboy »

Brilliant couple of weeks, obviously helped by the great conditions, multiple fastest laps, shared wins, even though the same 3 were pretty much always on the podium.

As was said above, the senior wasn't the classic we all wanted, and PH was in total control, even when MD came back at him towards the end, he turned the throttle and pulled a gap again.

I do wonder if the superbikes are now too powerful for the TT and a well balanced stock bike is going to be quicker going forward.

Still astounds me and I'm in total awe of the riders.
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

Nordboy wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:43 pm I do wonder if the superbikes are now too powerful for the TT and a well balanced stock bike is going to be quicker going forward.
The Superbikes are to powerful for a few places,McKenzie used lower spec R1 motors in BSB at Oulton Park.
It's +'s & -'s with SBK & STCK,more electronics on the Stocker's,better brakes & custom set up's for fast wheel changes on the SBK
wull

Post by wull »

I think the Superbikes have to be spot on to work well round the TT course with the power that they have, they are less forgiving. The Superstock bikes have a larger sweet spot that allows them to be much more manageable on a course like the TT.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Fastest lap of the week was the stocker of PH. , maybe a bit easier to ride. although he did say today, he could of pushed harder if needed, so who knows. 🤷‍♂️

Think JM will be happy enough but reckon DT was probably hoping for better, but those 3 have been in a league of their own this year. Brilliant week's racing. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
wull

Post by wull »

He’d have definitely pushed harder on the last lap if needed. He did a 135.507 on the second lap coming into the pits so I feel he could have beat the 136.3 if pushed.
Nordboy

Post by Nordboy »

wull wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:47 pm He’d have definitely pushed harder on the last lap if needed. He did a 135.507 on the second lap coming into the pits so I feel he could have beat the 136.3 if pushed.
Yep, I guess PH knew he didn't have to as he was so far ahead. With the issues he had with the brakes and quickshifter in the previous superbike race, he probably just wanted to make sure he finished. He did say in interview during the week that the race win is far more important than fastest laps.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

I don't know if next year will be faster as the commentary team were saying that the circuit was in better than normal condition with a lot of work being only recently completed. I wonder what a year's traffic and the usual harsh winter will do to it?
I wonder if MD was physically worn out before today, he's not a natural athlete and he's been going flat out since the first day of practice.
wull

Post by wull »

Bigjawa wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:19 am I don't know if next year will be faster as the commentary team were saying that the circuit was in better than normal condition with a lot of work being only recently completed. I wonder what a year's traffic and the usual harsh winter will do to it?
I wonder if MD was physically worn out before today, he's not a natural athlete and he's been going flat out since the first day of practice.
Possibly, he’s looking good though, he’s been putting some graft in with regards to his fitness by the looks of it.

Usually with resurfacing etc it won’t really degrade, the grip remains unless you see physical degradation like potholes etc, but they will redo these areas if that happens.

I think it’s purely down to the weather, track time and the competition, it’s the race wins that bring lap records, when someone is being pushed or has to push that final flying lap they break the record, that’s what’s happened this year.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Bigjawa wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:19 am I don't know if next year will be faster as the commentary team were saying that the circuit was in better than normal condition with a lot of work being only recently completed. I wonder what a year's traffic and the usual harsh winter will do to it?
What Wull says. It's a combination but the weather being so good definitely helped (and didn't they get to use slicks for one of the classes?)

It's rare to run every race in such warm/sunny/good conditions. Ok, it got a bit windy towards the end of the week, but so much sunshine, and on some newly surfaced bits) meant that they were able to run at their fastest for the full two weeks pretty much, so they were bound to get a bit faster/more confident as the week went on - I think!

I'd guess that normally with the need to take more care if it's damp or cold then hot and sunny means they don't get to do all their laps at the top end of the limit? And doing that has to build confidence and speed and extend the limit?
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »