What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Pirahna

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Pirahna »

Noggin wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:54 pm
I HAVE MY IRISH PASSPORT HERE AT LAST!!
Just had a look at my application, the estimated issue date is 21/09/2021. It'll be very happy to have it, no third country 90 days in, 90 days out and wifey gets the same travel rights as I do. Spain and Portugal for the winter then maybe house hunting in the spring. :D
David

Post by David »

MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:26 pm
David wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:06 pm
MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:28 pm Rode to the Welsh coast, had a panini, had a spirited ride back
Which bit? There is quite a lot of it. Though even if it was near our bit, it woukdnt have helped...i was fetching a wardrobe we dont need from market drayton.
Bit of a barstard on the LE.
PD's Diner Aberystwyth Promenade, they do decent grub and are right next door to a shit ton of free parking
there is a little sandwich shop diner round the cornerish called Chives that does good food....the best fish and chips are at the Chip box in Penparcau, about 5minutes from the front..and cheaper.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Ripping the shit out of a Jag which 'just' needed a new sill
Would be nice to have something to weld it to though!
Looking forward to a day of forming steel tomorrow......FML!
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Finished work for a fortnight - supposed to be on a flight to the outlaws in Japan but ho hum .
Here's to us .
David

Post by David »

Demannu wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:12 pm Ripping the shit out of a Jag which 'just' needed a new sill
X Type?
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

David wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:04 pm
Demannu wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:12 pm Ripping the shit out of a Jag which 'just' needed a new sill
X Type?
Far too much effort for an X-type. :lol:
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

David wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:04 pm
X Type?
S type

If it had been mine I'd have scrapped it!

Apparently it has sentimental value!
David

Post by David »

It would need a few buckets of that...some of the E types I have played with..a very few xj's (excluding my mk iii) maybe...and oddly enough my x type...
David

Post by David »

Would be worth the attention is wot oi ment....
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Watch quite a few classic cars, and a few bikes, pull up by my place. They'll be back tomorrow so more photos after that!!

Then I went for a walk. A long walk! With a lot of up bits!! On the mountains!!!

But it was good. Photos later cos I've been sitting with my feet in a bowl of cold water :lol: Off to have a shower, then put my feet back in some cold water (the two physios I see disagree on the reason for swollen feet after walking a reasonable distance - so I'm going with the cold water cure for now!!)

But -

5.9km
202m elevation
1.5 hours

Quite impressed with myself that neither the shoulder or the knee are hurting :bblonde: Think I might be getting to like walking - mostly cos it's on the mountain. Never really been a fan but I had bicycles, then a horse, then motorbikes, so walking wasn't really something I did for fun! LOL But, up here it is kinda fun. And hopefully will help me get fitter ready for some serious touring in the winter :bblonde: :bblonde:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Day off (sort of). Collected the Vicar at 12h30 and headed out to the "old Church" for a wedding. Grooms family is Scottish, so lots of kilts and so on. Lovely wedding with pipes to chase them out of the Church! Headed back to the "new Church" dropped Vicar off. Collected ivy from the Church garden for my daughters stick insects she is looking after for the summer. Helped wife with preparation of our courgette (from our veggie patch) and peppers baked muffins. Going to need a cold beer to wash that down...
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Here we go - pics from the walk :D :D Awesome views of Mont Blanc and the others that are in resort

These are the two mountains I want to ski tour up in the winter. The one on the right I did last winter, but fell a lot coming down. The one on the left might have to be the first I attempt this summer because there's a cable car that goes up, so if I walk up I can get the cable car back down (the first time!!)

The path we 'should' have taken is the one you can see below us in that photo!! We did get to it, but we went a bit higher than necessary first!! LOL

Tis is the mountain I walked up with a friend on skis back in the winter. So it's the challenge for sometime in the next few weeks if all goes well! A bit different in the summer as you have to walk down, in the winter, walking up to ski down seems almost sensible!! LOL

Totally didn't feel like 202m up! but it was bits of up and bits of down, so seemed quite reasonable :D :D

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Came home from London Village... as a pauper. Yesterday I spent £157 in Trader Vic's on cocktails. Then went for a Brick Lane curry.
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

Picked up the big ugly blue thing after it passed it's MOT and had the carbs put right, took it for a shakedown, passed a rta involving a van and a gs, rider looked conscious, and in one piece and no signs of blood so fingers crossed he's ok, paramedics looked relaxed as they were tasting as they were treating him.
'07 Griso 1100 7 '94 Sprint 900
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Went to work, busy but no accidents worth a mention so that was good.

Then got a text from the wife of my mate up the road to say her husband passed away. He was a cancer sufferer and a couple of weeks ago he walked down the road to see me to tell me had been given 6-8 weeks. He managed 2. We got on very well from the day I moved here nearly 2 years ago, lovely, kind, do anything for anyone sort of bloke.
RIP Mark, hope it’s all you imagined it would be mate. Raising a glass or two to you tonight.
Mick.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Reached my limit ! On a 3 day break with the in-laws to a mobile home in Great Yarmouth. The place is an absolute shit hole. Full of chavs and pikeys. Kerrist I live in a tough town but it’s pleasantville compared to this! My wife isn’t happy with me but I’m calling it and going home tomorrow regardless of what anyone else says! Honestly, this place is like one of those documentaries about “ benefit scum”! I was in Yarmouth today and saw a pissed up bloke puke over his kid in a pram! I’m outta here!
cheb

Post by cheb »

Puking in a pram is one up on blaming the dog for farting. Skillz.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

It's funny, a lot of these terrible seaside shitoles have pulled themselves up a bit, as families have more disposable income and become more self aware, they demand better.
Not Yarmouth!
Pretty sure Blackpool is 'more refined'.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Taipan wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:52 am Reached my limit ! On a 3 day break with the in-laws to a mobile home in Great Yarmouth. The place is an absolute shit hole. Full of chavs and pikeys. Kerrist I live in a tough town but it’s pleasantville compared to this! My wife isn’t happy with me but I’m calling it and going home tomorrow regardless of what anyone else says! Honestly, this place is like one of those documentaries about “ benefit scum”! I was in Yarmouth today and saw a pissed up bloke puke over his kid in a pram! I’m outta here!
Funny you should say that, we had a week on a boat on the broads back in May. We did the usual, Wroxham, potter Heigham etc, and then we planned to arrive at Yarmouth on the morning, spend the day there, stop the night at Yarmouth yacht station and then on to the southern broads.

We pulled up at Yarmouth yacht station, and I suppose the barbed wire fences should have given it away, but we braved it and had a wander through the churchyard (carrying the dog so she didn’t tread on a needle) and onto the beach. The beach and seafront were ok, but then we cut back into the town and back towards the boat. Jesus! Even the dog was uncomfortable. We didn’t stay the night and legged it (at a steady 4mph) back upstream towards the northern broads.

Norfolk is a beautiful county, with loads of great villages and towns. Norwich is lovely city. Yarmouth is definitely the place to avoid there though.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Ditchfinder wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:28 pm Picked up the big ugly blue thing after it passed it's MOT and had the carbs put right, took it for a shakedown, passed a rta involving a van and a gs, rider looked conscious, and in one piece and no signs of blood so fingers crossed he's ok, paramedics looked relaxed as they were tasting as they were treating him.
I'm not sure the paramedics should be tasting the patient?? :o :o

I've been out looking at the vintage cars n bikes again. Damn they are proper lush.

Off to a memorial in a mo - for the RAF air drop of munitions and supplies in the area. Every year there is one (or more) less of the resistance fighters that were involved :( But after being invited to join the ceremony in my first summer, I try to make sure I go every year now. A distant memory of united countries and of the incredible bravery of those fighting against invasion and those flying from so far away to help