What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Horse

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Horse »

Next door neighbour had 'my' bike running. That was odd.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Today I got up early, prepared to do stuff for service at 10am. Managed to get time to read the lease agreement on my gaff and found selling it on open market means the new owner automatically gets full Freehold if full price paid. So that takes some pressure off selling with only 75 years on the lease. LQ group only want money spinning flats where they get communal charges thrown in as well as the usual rent charges.

I'm off to get an eye check up (family history of glaucoma) and new glasses. I'm off the company scheme to claim from Bupa at the end of the month, so I may as well get this sorted now, besides I'm 10 months overdue for a checkup.

Then back to the "new home" to clean up and remove boxes from the room to the laminate flooring can be laid during the week. All in all a busy little time for me, but good in the sense that things are happening!

Also finished up assigment this morning and will submit it later today once I've had the chance to read it through again.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Found someone wanting to 'race' on one of my fav bits of road...

I stuck with them, couldn't get past, until they gave up and pulled into a layby. They were proper giving it some!

Moto Guzzi V7 1 - Audi A3 Diesel 0.

Boo yah!

I overtook a ZX9 and a Chunderacer too, on the old A1 at Ferrybridge!

I even managed to hit an indicated 100mph, but it took fucking ages on a very very long (private) road.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Up at 5 to walk the dog, then get dressed and drive to Belfast as my depot shuts on Sunday, on the bus for 7, Finish just after 3. Steak and chips for tea, and just ready for bed.
"Does this bus go to the Titanic?"

"No missus, It's a submarine you need....."
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Bigjawa wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:25 pm Up at 5 to walk the dog, then get dressed
You were out nekkid ?
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Started the process of putting the house on the market. I am about to find out how evil estate agents are perhaps? And son contacted uni about his accommodation, so that is now happening. Just been phoned by delivery co for them to say dishwasher I ordered 3 weeks ago is not in stock, and I have to change the order. Found something else for less, they can refund and still deliver tomorrow as plumbers are there to install it.... Then collect my daughters glasses which she has been waiting 34months for. Then off to Ikea to buy a wardrobe for the son's bedroom and mirror for the daughter.

Collecting a TV and two garden chairs from a friend.
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Treadeager

Post by Treadeager »

Good luck with the wardrobe !

I have only ever been to Ikea once and that was to buy a wardrobe . Hated the one way system , hated having to try and find all the individual components , spending ages only to find out they were " out of stock " on one of the key components.........

As Fleetwood Mac sang ...... Never Goin' Back Again.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Checked online that the stuff is all in stock at the Greenwich store. Expecting to do the two hours queueing though....
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Sorted the contents of my freezer into bags ready to ship off down the valley to store in a friend's freezer room!

Repacked the hospital bag and the rehab bag (trying to reduce the first and make sure I have everything for a long stay for the second!!) - added a third which is stuff to do in rehab!! Who knows when they'll be happy with me doing cross stitch or crochet, but I'll take some anyway! And all my school notes from the French classes so I can look over them again and inflict my "awesome" French on the physios and other inmates!! LOL

Went to see my physio. Still freaks him out a bit when I have tears on my face from the pain! Not necessarily from what he does, but going from face down with my arm hanging at vertical to lying on my back is really not a nice experience :( But, hopefully it will all become easier in a couple of months!!

Just chilling now - so much to do and so little brain left!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
636mick

Post by 636mick »

I’m in standby today, which means bugger all on a Saturday, hopefully!!
So I’ve vacuumed the girlfriends Audi ready to sell it as she has decided it is no longer what she wants after the attack on it and the Mini. She can’t fit it in her garage confidently so it’s going, sadly. Got all the last bits of glass out, cleaned under the bonnet, washed it, then it rained!!!!
Just been out for a blast in it, love that engine. It must be the lowest mileage TT around with 13500 on a 5 year old car. On a eBay later for £20k.
Now sat pondering shower first or dinner, chicken and chips, wish I had a basket to relive my youth!!
Mick.
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Just finished a 74 mile ride. The wind has just about done me in. 16mph average, with 4000ft climbing on a route I normally have little bother with. Looking forward to some food later today. Get some calories back! :thumbup:
G.P

Post by G.P »

Was planning to do the north Devon coast but the forecast looked a bit grim so we decided to head south to the Dorset coast instead.
Did some epic rainstorm dodging and had a very pleasant 200 mile trip.

The end of Portland BIll - glad I wasn't out in a small boat, really choppy!

Looking back up Chesil beach towards Weymouth

OH, and then into Weymouth

This was after we'd done the Yeovil - Crewkerne route down to Bridport and West bay where dozens of bikes were parked up.

Great day out :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
stray cat

Post by stray cat »

G.P wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:25 pm
Great day out :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
Hey - that looks a fab day out! Lovely photos too :)

[jealous]
stray cat

Post by stray cat »

Went out for a ride. Got soaked; dried out. Got soaked again; dried out again. etc. Always good to get out though! :thumbup:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Preached at last service as lay person in what is now my "old" Church. Packed more stuff at home. Moved lots of stuff into new house. More stuff tomorrow to be followed by a photo....
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Completed the stay at home Glastonbury experience. Watched David Bowie on the iPlayer last night, drank 12 cans of Weston's Scrumpy and then passed out. Woke up this morning and took a crap off a stepladder into the toilet I hadn't flushed all weekend and then set fire to my tent in the garden.
G.P

Post by G.P »

derek badger wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:30 am Completed the stay at home Glastonbury experience. Watched David Bowie on the iPlayer last night, drank 12 cans of Weston's Scrumpy and then passed out. Woke up this morning and took a crap off a stepladder into the toilet I hadn't flushed all weekend and then set fire to my tent in the garden.
Proper lol :D :D
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

G.P wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:40 am
derek badger wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:30 am Completed the stay at home Glastonbury experience. Watched David Bowie on the iPlayer last night, drank 12 cans of Weston's Scrumpy and then passed out. Woke up this morning and took a crap off a stepladder into the toilet I hadn't flushed all weekend and then set fire to my tent in the garden.
Proper lol :D :D
You may laugh. My wife wasn't when she had to clean the bog while I nursed a hangover though.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Came off a 12hr night shift, slept for a few hours, then I filled another 1/2 of one the 4 Gabions with stone that I'm using for a wildlife pond/garden feature. This is like doing a 3D jigsaw puzzle with no picture and all the bits are wonky. I then used lacing wire to close the Gabion cage lids down which was definitely a learning experience, after nearly poking my eye out and gouging my forehead I'll use eye protection next time and some stout gloves to save my delicate office hands. 1 down, 3 to go.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Pissed off down the M69 quick sharp and escaped Leicester just in time.