What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Count Steer

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Count Steer »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:28 am Taken the dogs for a walk on the beach. It was empty (for a change) as I think the fantastic summer weather has scared all the tourists away.
No, they're all isolating after the app message from Ping the Merciless.

*sorry*
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Was going to put this in the insig/happy thread, but, it's not exactly insignificant!! LOL

I had a really tough physio session an hour ago - in the gym rather than working on the shoulder muscles.

At the end I had a very achy arm but the physio was very happy with what I'd done

When he went to shut the office, I put a big gym ball (one of those pilates type balls) back on it's rack. The rack was about eye level, so I had to lift it higher than that to get it on the rack :bblonde: Was well chuffed!! I did it

So when he came back to the gym I did it again to show him! So we both did a happy dance but then he put his hand up for a high five. I've only done high fives to five years olds in the last 4 years!! Couldn't get my arm high enough for an adult high five!! And my physio is Tall!!

I did it. I did a 'tall' high five. And got a hug!!

Damn my shoulder/arm ache, but I'm sitting here with a HUGE grin!! LOL :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:

Apart from lifting the gym ball and doing the high five, it was awesome cos he was really pleased with the movement of my arm. It's still frustrating with the lack of some movements, but the fact that the physio is impressed/happy makes me even more happy about it :bblonde: :bblonde:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Packed for my four night trip to London Village.

Trader Vic's here I come.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Had a massive row with my Son. Well, he had one with my wife, so I intervened. I took him to the pub to try and prevent it, by calming him down, but probably ended up fuelled it. When we got home after a nice hour or two, he just picked up on where he left off! Fucking mental health, anxiety and OCD shite. This was all over his belt going missing! I swear to God I'll either throw him, or myself, off the QE2 bridge before long... :roll:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Taipan wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:26 pm Had a massive row with my Son. Well, he had one with my wife, so I intervened. I took him to the pub to try and prevent it, by calming him down, but probably ended up fuelled it. When we got home after a nice hour or two, he just picked up on where he left off! Fucking mental health, anxiety and OCD shite. This was all over his belt going missing! I swear to God I'll either throw him, or myself, off the QE2 bridge before long... :roll:
Aww, man. :( It doesn't seem right to rec your post when you have to deal with stuff like that. Have a virtual man hug.
Voltaire
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Taipan wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:26 pm Had a massive row with my Son. Well, he had one with my wife, so I intervened. I took him to the pub to try and prevent it, by calming him down, but probably ended up fuelled it. When we got home after a nice hour or two, he just picked up on where he left off! Fucking mental health, anxiety and OCD shite. This was all over his belt going missing! I swear to God I'll either throw him, or myself, off the QE2 bridge before long... :roll:
Bugger. :(

Hope calm is restored soon taips. FWIW, I reckon you did try to do the right thing to deescalate it, although alcohol isn’t always a good idea in that situation.
Skub

Post by Skub »

That's shit TP. It'll get better,take care man.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:49 pm
Aww, man. :( It doesn't seem right to rec your post when you have to deal with stuff like that. Have a virtual man hug.
Thanks Bud. Its in the heat of the moment its difficult. He's gone to bed now, or passed out pissed is probably more accurate! He really is a good lad, with a great work ethic and is just wonderful with his nieces and nephews etc, but Man he has his demons. He's once before tried to top himself by guzzling all his medication, fortunately, he didn't have enough to kill himself that time, but I do expect, or have sort of, come to terms with the fact that I will probably bury him at some point. I actually said to myself recently that I never know what to get him for Xmas anyway. How fucked up is that? Really, how fucked up is that!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Taipan wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:17 pm
Thanks Bud. Its in the heat of the moment its difficult. He's gone to bed now, or passed out pissed is probably more accurate! He really is a good lad, with a great work ethic and is just wonderful with his nieces and nephews etc....
Don't beat yourself up, coping with the unthinkable creates unthinkable ideas IYSWIM. A friend in a similar situation with her daughter has some seriously gallows humour about it all - and it helps. 'Normal' stuff and stiff upper lip don't necessarily work in 'abnormal' situations. Dunno what the professionals say!
Voltaire
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:46 pm
Thanks Bud. Its in the heat of the moment its difficult. He's gone to bed now, or passed out pissed is probably more accurate! He really is a good lad, with a great work ethic and is just wonderful with his nieces and nephews etc....
Don't beat yourself up, coping with the unthinkable creates unthinkable ideas IYSWIM. A friend in a similar situation with her daughter has some seriously gallows humour about it all - and it helps. 'Normal' stuff and stiff upper lip don't necessarily work in 'abnormal' situations. Dunno what the professionals say!
Yeah, I think I see it as a coping mechanism for what appears to becoming inevitable, but, is it, or a "just in case", which would kind of indicate I believe there is hope? I've certainly descended into a out of family hours, mass of snot and tears too many times and probably need to speak to soemone about it? Its been cathartic to put it out there though, thanks to all.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Meanwhile, what I did today was put another £50 into the coffers of the local physiotherapist. For which I got 2 more exercises to do and an invitation to give them another £50 in a couple of weeks. :(
Voltaire
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:02 pm
Yeah, I think I see it as a coping mechanism for what appears to becoming inevitable, but, is it, or a "just in case", which would kind of indicate I believe there is hope? I've certainly descended into a out of family hours, mass of snot and tears too many times and probably need to speak to soemone about it? Its been cathartic to put it out there though, thanks to all.
Talk away matey. Lots of good listeners on here :)
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Taipan wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:17 pm I actually said to myself recently that I never know what to get him for Xmas anyway.
Well at least you know he'll appreciate a new belt this year :silent:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

What Yorick says. Talk/onload emotions and feelings on here. Lots of people will read and reply - most of us would listen if you need to call.

xxxxx
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:10 pm

Talk away matey. Lots of good listeners on here :)
Talks cheap. Free holidays FTW! ;) :D Seriously though, thanks for the support everyone. I'm the go to Guy for my family and as much as I'm happy, and proud, to help, it kinda loads you up at times, so I maybe vented where I maybe shouldn't have, but I sure as shit needed to. He maybe 27 but he's still my kid. Anyway, he's asleep now and we live to fight another day. Think i'll crack open a bottle. Cheers...
Potter

Post by Potter »

Keep him away from the booze mate. No good comes from booze/drugs when mental health is involved. My best mates brother is the same, cracking lad but he struggles with mental health, anxiety mainly, his mates think they’re doing him a favour by giving him a line or joint to calm him down but that’s always the start of a bad night and I’ve lost my temper with them over it. When he flips he does a lot of damage.

He’s like my little brother and I’ve been trying to get him to come and stay with us for a bit to get away from it all. His mum was really good to me when I didn’t have one so I try and look out for him. Sometimes you just need a change and it resets things.

I’ve got a 17yr old who is a good boy but he’s also a fucking crackpot when it suits him. He never really causes me grief because I can handle him but I can see it in his eyes sometimes, he’s a real tough nut and isn’t afraid of anything, but he’s also a quiet sensitive lad, he’s named after my mates brother that I mentioned above and they share a name and some traits, I worry that one day he’ll get himself into a proper mess.

If you want a break, a lads and dads thing, then get flights over to us, we’ll take care of the rest. Or you and your missus if you need a break from them. You could all come but we only have one spare en-suite room and a bed sette in the snug. We’ll be back home at the end of the month.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Thanks for the kind offer. :thumbup:

Tomorrow,as they say, is another day. He seems very chipper and back to his normal self, watching me do the lawns etc. :roll:
David

Post by David »

I still think the clinical limit for termination of a pregnancy should be around 21 years....
David

Post by David »

But, seriuosly Tiepin.....good on you for having the patience to cope...
Horse

Post by Horse »

David wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:02 pm I still think the clinical limit for termination of a pregnancy should be around 21 years....
Had to read that twice ;)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave: