A right now thread

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: A right now thread

Post by Noggin »

Felix wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:28 am
Noggin wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:21 am If my place had a balcony or easy outside access, I'd definitely be into BBQ stuff!!
Friend in Germany has a BBQ on his balcony what is off his kitchen. Shoves his meat in the same pan and oil like he would on the stove :lol:
Would definitely do that if I had a balcony, but that's cos my place is so small - would be nice to have an actual kitchen too :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I'd prefer to actually BBQ!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Horse

Post by Horse »

Potter wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:24 am I think it's also a personal thing depending on the situation, I was doing it the other day in 14c with drizzle soaking me and I thought "This is fucking bollocks" :lol:
Until that ^ I was going to say that, where you and Yorick live, keeping heat out of the house isn't a bad idea :D
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Potter wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:24 am
weeksy wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:09 am
Yeah that... but without the leaving it... or the pool.

But BBQing meat means a beer too and sitting on the chair listening to music while it cooks... it's a good place to be.
I think it's also a personal thing depending on the situation, I was doing it the other day in 14c with drizzle soaking me and I thought "This is fucking bollocks" :lol:
What's 14c ?
Potter

Post by Potter »

Yorick wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:01 am

But BBQing meat means a beer too and sitting on the chair listening to music while it cooks... it's a good place to be.
I think it's also a personal thing depending on the situation, I was doing it the other day in 14c with drizzle soaking me and I thought "This is fucking bollocks" :lol:
What's 14c ?
Effing freezing.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

weeksy wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:55 pm
wheelnut wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:43 pm
weeksy wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:19 pm
There was both.
Were they good then? 8-)
Slightly over cooked :thumbdown:
Had the same problem last time I did some sirloin steaks (on a cast iron, ribbed skillet though). Usually, no problem, but this time I bottled it with getting the skillet up to 'scorchio' on the gas hob. So they took too long.
Re oil. They get the merest caress with a flavourless oil, which helps stick the coarse ground pepper on. The skillet doesn't get any.
I skipped our big barby when we moved house. When we had the back garden here landscaped I had a 'lower patio barbecue area' included, intending to build a barby but never did. The last few times I've barbied anything (just for 2) I used a charcoal bucket barbecue from Sainsburys......works a treat :D (Cleaning it = sticking the circular rack in the sink with the washing up :thumbup: )
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
cheb

Post by cheb »

What's 14c ?
Comfortable. :flame:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

cheb wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:46 am

What's 14c ?
For Eskimos :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Yorick wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:47 am
What's 14c ?
Or the dead.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Or hardy Northerners.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Potter wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:48 am
Yorick wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:47 am

Or the dead.
You've gone soft.

I bet you've even got an indoor toilet now.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

We've got the outlaws staying with us and Pen invited some of her pals round for pool party.
Lots of noisy kids in pool is my idea of hell.

She asked me to stay 10 minutes to show willing then kicked me out to the pub.

So having a few cheeky beers outside my fave bar under the trees.

31c and beer is much cooler.

The MotoGP was very tense so nice to chill.

Life is tough sometimes.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Trying to work whilst buzzing my tits off after having a cup of coffee after a 2 week break from caffeine
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

MrLongbeard wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:42 am Trying to work whilst buzzing my tits off after having a cup of coffee after a 2 week break from caffeine
I find this really weird (not just from you, in general!). I haven't really drunk caffeine for years. But I've started having a coffee or two in the morning, then back to non caffeine stuff the rest of the day

I can't feel any effect of that sort!! If I sit down with friends at the cafe in the valley and have three or four coffees, I might feel a bit 'heady' (almost like a headache is on the way, but not really). But no buzzing :( :( Even when I used to use coffee to 'keep me going' on stupid work days, I didn't ever get that buzzing feeling

Bit like pain killing-floaty drugs, caffeine doesn't seem to have the same effect on me. Gutting really :( :(

(Maybe it's the old, no sense no feeling?? :( :( )
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Noggin wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:09 pm
MrLongbeard wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:42 am Trying to work whilst buzzing my tits off after having a cup of coffee after a 2 week break from caffeine
I find this really weird (not just from you, in general!). I haven't really drunk caffeine for years. But I've started having a coffee or two in the morning, then back to non caffeine stuff the rest of the day

I can't feel any effect of that sort!! If I sit down with friends at the cafe in the valley and have three or four coffees, I might feel a bit 'heady' (almost like a headache is on the way, but not really). But no buzzing :( :( Even when I used to use coffee to 'keep me going' on stupid work days, I didn't ever get that buzzing feeling

Bit like pain killing-floaty drugs, caffeine doesn't seem to have the same effect on me. Gutting really :( :(

I used to drink it on the hour every hour during the week, but quit when withdrawal over the weekend started to P me off and make me a smidge grumpy.
Now it's one or 2 cups a week and it proper gets me revved up, although only when it's 'proper' coffee, the old Nescafe instant crap does nothing for me
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

MrLongbeard wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:42 pm
Noggin wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:09 pm

I used to drink it on the hour every hour during the week, but quit when withdrawal over the weekend started to P me off and make me a smidge grumpy.
Now it's one or 2 cups a week and it proper gets me revved up, although only when it's 'proper' coffee, the old Nescafe instant crap does nothing for me
I only drink proper coffee!! TBF, the only reason I generally just have two is because historically, chain drinking tea with caffeine has stopped me sleeping. But, no buzzing :( :( :(
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Right now it's 29c. I love it.
Was 35 today and folk were moaning like it was the end of the world.

There's a Calima from Africa which is bringing huge winds so makes it bearable.

I could be in Bradford moaning about the cold and wet.

Not saying "oooh it's a bit too warm and a bit too windy"

Fark off miserable twats.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Sitting in quite a good little coffee shop on Newport Pagnell High Street waiting for a shop to open (long story).

Its just down the road from Aston Martin's old factory/current flagship dealer, so an inordinate number of flash cars are driving past. :D
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:35 pm Sitting in quite a good little coffee shop on Newport Pagnell High Street waiting for a shop to open (long story).

Its just down the road from Aston Martin's old factory/current flagship dealer, so an inordinate number of flash cars are driving past. :D
That’s not going to get the Bonnie fixed now is it?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Nidge wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:56 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:35 pm Sitting in quite a good little coffee shop on Newport Pagnell High Street waiting for a shop to open (long story).

The man is coming to get it next week :D

I'm tempted to go and try it now. I'll tell it the man's coming first of course, to instil some fear.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:59 pm
Nidge wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:56 pm

The man is coming to get it next week :D
I think I heard the bike give a heartfelt sigh of relief. :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire