Lydden Hill.

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
singlesman

Lydden Hill.

Post by singlesman »

1705EDB8-2320-4EAC-B609-7CB1C6A5BBED.jpeg
1705EDB8-2320-4EAC-B609-7CB1C6A5BBED.jpeg (111.21 KiB) Viewed 72 times
Well, the youngest member of the Thomas household finally made his Trackday debut.
We’d been going around in circles trying to find a way to get a 21year old out on track, and actually have a ACU license test day booked at Caldwell in September, as that seemed the best option for someone who can’t get a full license until he’s 24.
Subsequently, I’ve discovered that if your over 18, you can ride with no limits, ( Weeksy’s favourite trackday organiser😂), at Lydden, Mallory, Croft and Anglesey with no license at all !!!
Anyway, despite the grim weather forecast it turned out to be a totally brilliant day.
I’d booked into novice with him, the plan being to show him around, but it quickly became apparent this was not going to work, too dodgy riding around together, with me constantly looking over my shoulder trying to keep track of him.
Despite him being a pretty good moto X racer, holding his own in the expert class, ‘steady’ would be the kindest way to describe his road race pace!
Enter our saviour, Mr Dean Ellison, who was instructing on the day. Within a couple of sessions he was circulating comfortably in the middle of ‘novice’, ending every session with a smile a mile wide.
By the end of the day, I was confident enough to swap bikes with him and send him out on my old carbed R1, ( until yesterday he’d never actually ridden a road bike), which made a great day even better.
In a past life I had raced at Lydden once, but that was 30 years ago and I’d forgotten what a cracking little circuit it is, interesting elevation changes and not too much to learn for a complete newbie.
All in all, one of those days that makes being a parent the best job in the world😀
Though, bankruptcy possibly looms in the not too distant future😂
Cheers all, Paul.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Lydden Hill.

Post by weeksy »

Fab write up that! Thank you
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I like Lydden, lovely track to ride
Honda Owner
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

I like Lydden as a Track.
I don’t like the owners of the Lydden Track.