What bike have you ridden to the limit of it's performance?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Yorick

Re: What bike have you ridden to the limit of it's performance?

Post by Yorick »

Skub wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:10 pm It used to be if a rider was noticeably faster in novice or inters,they were moved up a group. Does this not still happen?
Focused Events used to put transponders on all the bikes. At dinner time they were put in the proper groups.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:46 pm
Skub wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:10 pm It used to be if a rider was noticeably faster in novice or inters,they were moved up a group. Does this not still happen?
Focused Events used to put transponders on all the bikes. At dinner time they were put in the proper groups.
I liked it, but they only do 3-4 UK days a year now
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:18 pm
Skub wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:16 pm
weeksy wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:13 pm

Lol you're funny 🤣
What about getting demoted then,if you're too slow?
Stop it, you're killing me !!!!
We were marshalls as well as instructors. Riders got moved on our day so.
Many times per day.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Sounds like a good idea, somebody other than Les Battersby must have thought of it.
Honda Owner
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:54 pm
Sounds like a good idea, somebody other than Les Battersby must have thought of it.
F.E. were doing it at Euro events 15 years ago. A few years later in UK
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

I regularly got the collector box and centre stand on the 400-F down on corners - most often round the old roundabout in front of Buck House :) - and sometimes pushed it hard enough it did a tank slapper... so I'd say I probably took that to its limits. 30-odd hp.

The XBR got close from time to time, notably when I overheated the single front disc on a series of downhill bends, leaving me no front brake into the final corner. Somehow I found some extra lean and got round it. Claimed 44 hp.

The GS500E was probably the most powerful bike I've been able to ride about as hard as I could manage - full throttle, rear wheel lifting under braking. Claimed 54 hp.

The Hornet ran out of rider before it ran out of competence! 80-90 hp depending on who you believe.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills