Self isolation.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Dodgy69

Self isolation.

Post by Dodgy69 »

My lad got sent home from work this lunchtime because he had been coughing. HR taking no chances. He text me and his mum and are all in isolation at home for 14 days.

On NHS website it does say that the person with symptoms need only isolate from 7 days. The rest of the household 14 days.

Also and most concerning is the fact that we all must stay at home. Now, I would of thought, walking alone down the country lanes, gardening, cycling or motorcycling would still come under isolating, obviously steering clear of folks. but apparently not.

Does anyone know the facts.?
Yamaha rocket 3
Dodgy69

Re: Self isolation.

Post by Dodgy69 »

Bored senseless already.
Yamaha rocket 3
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Dodgy knees wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:14 pm My lad got sent home from work this lunchtime because he had been coughing. HR taking no chances. He text me and his mum and are all in isolation at home for 14 days.

On NHS website it does say that the person with symptoms need only isolate from 7 days. The rest of the household 14 days.

Also and most concerning is the fact that we all must stay at home. Now, I would of thought, walking alone down the country lanes, gardening, cycling or motorcycling would still come under isolating, obviously steering clear of folks. but apparently not.

Over here it means stay in unless it's essential. Still folk wandering about. Seen folk running and cycling. Tossers. The rule is just that and applies to everybody. They can't make dozens of exceptions. Just stay in like everybody else.

Locals here are getting pissed off at the tourists who don't care. This is our home and we want the island clear.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

This Si is gonna get silly. Folks stuck at home with nothing wrong with them. My lad seems fine but he got sent home yesterday because he coughed at work, he's been doing that for months.
If his condition doesn't deteriorate over the next few days I presume he never had it, just a cough. I will exercise social distancing for the 14 days, but will go outside for exercise at a safe distance from others. I see no reason not to walk, cycle, motorcycle.
Bigger families could be isolated for months, the workplace will slowly become empty. Problem is, you don't know if anyone has it. 🤔

This Si situation is adding to the panic buying. This morning my asda shopping conformation has 6 items unavailable. No milk ffs.
Yamaha rocket 3
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Dodgy knees wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:14 pm My lad got sent home from work this lunchtime because he had been coughing. HR taking no chances. He text me and his mum and are all in isolation at home for 14 days.

If you live in the countryside which we do then I would certainly go out for a walk to get some exercise because I know I wouldn’t meet anyone whilst out. As long as you do not come into contact with anyone then I can’t see why you shouldn’t go outside. It’s about contact with others. If there’s no risk of contact with someone, you’re not sneezing and spreading germs over things, then you’re not spreading the virus!!
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

FB_IMG_1584715725416.jpg
FB_IMG_1584715725416.jpg (26.49 KiB) Viewed 3026 times
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

I am a bit antisocial and live alone so have been self isolated to a degree for years, more so now that an auto immune condition has damaged my lungs.. today seen mates posting on FB that they all met up at the gym for a good work out and will fight this off with PMA and determinism and a mate called in and said its just flu and he'd had it before. I wonder what the fucking point is...
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

chillitt wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:20 pm I am a bit antisocial and live alone so have been self isolated to a degree for years, more so now that an auto immune condition has damaged my lungs.. today seen mates posting on FB that they all met up at the gym for a good work out and will fight this off with PMA and determinism and a mate called in and said its just flu and he'd had it before. I wonder what the fucking point is...
Should be old enough to know better though I'm not sure my 90 year old neighbour is being much more responsible.
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

No, hth

IMO the gov't cant say "if you live in the countryside you can walk your dog, if you live in a city you can't" so it's easier to tell everyone to stay inside. Where does the city end and the counrtyside begin? People living in London would think Tavistock was countryside!

It's not just about other people, its what other people have touched. a door handle, a hand rail, a gate post, a stye (spelling?). Theres definatley less people touched a gatepost on the moors than have touched a handrail on the underground, but it only takes one!!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I'm supposed to be self-isolating but have had to shop for dependants. In some cases life has to go on. Now is the weekend I can send the wife and kids out to shop but then I guess that makes it 3 times more likely they'll bring it in to me. :?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:08 pm I'm supposed to be self-isolating but have had to shop for dependants. In some cases life has to go on. Now is the weekend I can send the wife and kids out to shop but then I guess that makes it 3 times more likely they'll bring it in to me. :?
Over here only 1 person per household is allowed to go shopping. Makes sense. Doesn't need 2 or 3 to go shopping.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Yorick wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:23 pm Over here only 1 person per household is allowed to go shopping. Makes sense. Doesn't need 2 or 3 to go shopping.
You haven't met my wife. :cry:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Stocked up with toilet roll and other goodies. That’s me in isolation for at least 4 weeks.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Update: isolation +30 mins. Bit peckish so nipped to Tesco for a toblerone.
irie

Post by irie »

WelshDragon wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:13 pm

If you live in the countryside which we do then I would certainly go out for a walk to get some exercise because I know I wouldn’t meet anyone whilst out. As long as you do not come into contact with anyone then I can’t see why you shouldn’t go outside. It’s about contact with others. If there’s no risk of contact with someone, you’re not sneezing and spreading germs over things, then you’re not spreading the virus!!
If alone it's actually better to be outside than inside because outside the virus lives for a shorter time - nobody quite knows why but may be due to exposure to UV.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Well, Boris has spoken.
Bike gonna get washed tomorrow and put away. It ain't essential for me to go on a jolly. Putting petrol in being the issue for me but now I can see plod stopping you and asking wtf are you doing.?
Walking and cycling it is... Bbq tomorrow. 👍
Take care folks.
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Indeed, if you all die the fucking forum will have been a waste of time
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:36 pm Indeed, if you all die the fucking forum will have been a waste of time
I'll still be here. And Dodgy and Yambo