What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Bigyin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Bigyin »

Put my eldest steplad through his CBT today as he wants to get back onto bikes after a couple of years on 125's when he was a kid and now has the bug again. He got back the muscle memory really quickly and flew threw all the training. 2 hours out with him and another pupil on the road and both were excellent.

When we got back in off the 125's we had some extra time left so put him on a 600 Hornet, as he gets his height genes from his natural dad so a bit short of leg, and got him up and down the training pad with some good clutch control at walking speed. He wont take much to get through Mod 1 and Mod 2 soon :thumbup:

Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Bigyin wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:40 pm Put my eldest steplad through his CBT today as he wants to get back onto bikes after a couple of years on 125's when he was a kid and now has the bug again. He got back the muscle memory really quickly and flew threw all the training. 2 hours out with him and another pupil on the road and both were excellent.

When we got back in off the 125's we had some extra time left so put him on a 600 Hornet, as he gets his height genes from his natural dad so a bit short of leg, and got him up and down the training pad with some good clutch control at walking speed. He wont take much to get through Mod 1 and Mod 2 soon :thumbup:

Shame he didn't get your height. But he also won't get your looks :obscene-birdiedoublered:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I'm more worried about him wearing his girlfriends jeans
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:47 pm I'm more worried about him wearing his girlfriends jeans
His mums Rukka jacket for today till he gets more of his own kit. The jeans arent as bad as his brothers who are spray painted skinny ones :wtf:
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Noggin wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:36 pm I was certain I'd posted these the other day but can't see them (maybe I didn't press sumbit?!!)

Anyway - I saw this superb amazing gorgeous, just stunning vehicle parked near my place the other day. As I was drooling near it (luckily, not on it!) a friend walked up and got in!! LOL Jammy git!! LOL

It is really rather fabulous -

Nice Austin Healey 3000
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

weeksy wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:47 pm I'm more worried about him wearing his girlfriends jeans
Ach, we've all done it... haven't we...? :shhh:
David

Post by David »

I was offered a straight swap for one on a messerschmidt..........in 1965.
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

3000 Mk111 BJ8 Phase 2 if you want the detail...
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've just received a letter that confirms my T-rex/spazzy status!!

I'm not sure what it means in real terms for me yet, but being registered as having a disability means I'll more appealing to employers (they have to have a certain percentage of disabled on the books) - but being self employed I'm not sure it means anything!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Noggin wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:43 pm but being self employed I'm not sure it means anything!!
It means 100% of your staff are disabled and you can brag about it on insta and linkedin.
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

Blue badge parking ?
'07 Griso 1100 7 '94 Sprint 900
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Been out for a bike ride with junior hound tagging along and diving into every stinking muddy puddle he could find. He needed a shower when we got home to merely make him offensive. I also managed to get my HR up to 183bpm so fitness and “climbing rage” slowly coming back.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:58 pm
Noggin wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:43 pm but being self employed I'm not sure it means anything!!
It means 100% of your staff are disabled and you can brag about it on insta and linkedin.
Wonder if I get brownie points from the govt for that!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ditchfinder wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:59 pm Blue badge parking ?
I have no idea if they have that here! Have to go to see someone tomorrow about something else, so will ask her whilst I'm there!! :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Today is a GOOD day! I've finally got an appointment to (hopefully) get my residency card :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde: Sadly not until the end of August, but hey, I have an RDV :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:

So the chances are that the Irish passport will arrive before I have the RDV, but the stress is melting a little with the knowledge that the passport is being processed and (usually) having an RDV for the residency card means I'll actually get it!! Belt and braces!! LOL

It did take some email chasing to actually get the email telling me to book, but hey - I have the appointment so am a bit happier and a smidge less stressed!!

Now to deal with the ton of other paperwork I have to sort and I will be even less stressed! But lack of ability to work here has been hanging over me and causing real issues for everything else that's going on. I have less excuses now!! No excuse when I have one or the other in my little mitt!! :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:

Bars open, drinks are on me (well, cheap ones till I can actually get back to work!!!) :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Potter

Post by Potter »

I watched Kellie Harrington win again this morning and then went for a wander and passed through Portland Row and saw everyone celebrating and her family do all the TV interviews. We spent (a wet) day in Bray and the news crews were still there when we came back at 3pm.

Womens boxing has really come on, really entertaining stuff where you get a real mix of styles and talent, the blokes top level stuff has become a bit like F1.

The fight for the gold medal on Sunday should be a cracker.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Two women hitting each other for a prize. :thumbdown:
No more edifying than when men do it, but, hey, at least the women get to wear hats to protect their smaller brains.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Potter wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:09 pm I watched Kellie Harrington win again this morning and then went for a wander and passed through Portland Row and saw everyone celebrating and her family do all the TV interviews. We spent (a wet) day in Bray and the news crews were still there when we came back at 3pm.

Womens boxing has really come on, really entertaining stuff where you get a real mix of styles and talent, the blokes top level stuff has become a bit like F1.

The fight for the gold medal on Sunday should be a cracker.

Luckily, Fallon Fox went for MMA (now retired I understand) and not boxing. Otherwise women's boxing wouldn't last too long as an Olympic sport.
Potter

Post by Potter »

slowsider wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:23 pm Two women hitting each other for a prize. :thumbdown:
No more edifying than when men do it, but, hey, at least the women get to wear hats to protect their smaller brains.
I don't get people that have a downer on others choosing things that they like to do.
Kellie Harrington seems like a really nice, kind and switched on lady, I can't see why you'd put her down for doing what she wants to.
Yambo wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:34 pm
Luckily, Fallon Fox went for MMA (now retired I understand) and not boxing. Otherwise women's boxing wouldn't last too long as an Olympic sport.
Not really, she lost against Ashlee Evens-Smith, battered badly IIRC, so you don't need to worry about the human race being taken over by she-males :lol:
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Potter wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:51 pm
slowsider wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:23 pm Two women hitting each other for a prize. :thumbdown:
I don't get people that have a downer on others choosing things that they like to do.
Kellie Harrington seems like a really nice, kind and switched on lady, I can't see why you'd put her down for doing what she wants
Some sports require precision, others endurance, more require sustained levels of fitness; man y carry a risk of injury but I don't see how trying to knock someone out in the ring is much different to trying to do it outside. YMMV.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... _in_boxing
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Keeping boss lady happy
Not as easy as it looks to tile to the middle of the loo, when you have to start at the doorway at the other end!
IMG_20210805_185637.jpg
IMG_20210805_185637.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 279 times
IMG_20210805_185637.jpg
IMG_20210805_185637.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 279 times
Attachments
IMG_20210805_182914.jpg
IMG_20210805_182914.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 279 times