Bikes that look better IRL

Anything you like about motorbikes
Taipan

Bikes that look better IRL

Post by Taipan »

Sitting at a junction tonight and I saw what I though was a electric bike go past. Strange looking styling and very small. I caught it shortly after and realised it had an exhaust so wasn't a leccy bike and then I saw it was a Husky Vitpilen! Tiny little thing but looks much nicer in real life than it previously had to me in photos!
Couchy

Re: Bikes that look better IRL

Post by Couchy »

Along the same lines, sports bikes look great in real life and in pictures until you stick a rider on. Adventure bikes look better with a rider than without.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Yup the Vitpilen looks decent in the flesh. The 401 is very small though
Horse

Post by Horse »

They all look ok from the seat. Until you admire your reflection in a shop window ;)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Supermofo wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:45 pm Yup the Vitpilen looks decent in the flesh. The 401 is very small though
I think thats what this one must have been as it wasn't much bigger than a grom!
Trogladyte

Post by Trogladyte »

Its a funny thing how they look so different with a rider aboard. I thought the Diavel was a good looking bike, until II saw one on the road. It didn't look right at all with some bloke perched on it. I think its the riding position. The bike by itself looks pretty mean and purposeful. But you plonk some bloke on it, looking like he's sitting in an armchair, and that focussed purposeful poise dissipates into the air. I stopped wanting one on the spot.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Trogladyte wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:57 am Its a funny thing how they look so different with a rider aboard. I thought the Diavel was a good looking bike, until II saw one on the road. It didn't look right at all with some bloke perched on it. I think its the riding position. The bike by itself looks pretty mean and purposeful. But you plonk some bloke on it, looking like he's sitting in an armchair, and that focussed purposeful poise dissipates into the air. I stopped wanting one on the spot.
Most classic bikes look absolutely tiny now.

I watched 'Once upon a time in Hollywood' over the weekend, and when Timothy Olyphant rides off screen on a 60's Speed Twin it looks far smaller than you'd expect (ok, he's tall, but not that tall).
non quod, sed quomodo
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

When I'm on the Bonneville at a set of lights I can stand up so there's ~6" daylight under my bum.
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

Horse wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:20 pm They all look ok from the seat. Until you admire your reflection in a shop window ;)
That, sadly.

I can't remember who used the phrase on here the other day but I'm going to borrow it; because whatever the bike, when you're my size you always looking like a frog perched on a stone.

I am sure the Priest can sympathise! (Having seen him perched on a GS500F!
Horse

Post by Horse »

lostboy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:58 pmwhatever the bike, when you're my size you always looking like a frog perched on a stone.

I used to have grey/blue/red leathers. Filly said that, on the RT, I looked like Spiderman clinging to a wall. :D
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

lostboy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:58 pm
Horse wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:20 pm They all look ok from the seat. Until you admire your reflection in a shop window ;)
That, sadly.

I can't remember who used the phrase on here the other day but I'm going to borrow it; because whatever the bike, when you're my size you always looking like a frog perched on a stone.

I am sure the Priest can sympathise! (Having seen him perched on a GS500F!
He even manages to make a K1200R look small....

non quod, sed quomodo