Travel insurance policys for travel abroard

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
rodbargee

Travel insurance policys for travel abroard

Post by rodbargee »

Anyone got any good tips for one I used to use vehicle rescue direct but they seem to have stopped taking new business, I need a policy to get me and the car home if it or me breaks down. yearly policy prefferably but single trip considered would ideally cover a bike also... what you got. TIA
cheb

Re: Travel insurance policys for tarvel abroard

Post by cheb »

I've a policy with Autoaid, though I've not yet needed to use. IIRC you agree the recovery with them, pay the bill up front and then claim the money back. Much cheaper than the AA et al but you have to be able to front the money.
rodbargee

Re: Travel insurance policys for travel abroard

Post by rodbargee »

Just expanded my green flag policy for an extra £50 they will cover me for european breakdown and recovery they also extend the domestic cover to home start too well see if its any use (or rather hope I wont have to!) Driving my son and his partner to Beluno in Northern Italy to start their new lives over there!
rodbargee

Re: Travel insurance policys for travel abroard

Post by rodbargee »

Just expanded my green flag policy for an extra £50 they will cover me for european breakdown and recovery they also extend the domestic cover to home start too well see if its any use (or rather hope I wont have to!) Driving my son and his partner to Beluno in Northern Italy to start their new lives over there! Thats for a years cover too 90 days hols! also you can get a bike added for a ton (bit dear thatIMO) vehicles need to be less than 16 yrs old