Flight radar 24

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Treadeager

Re: Flight radar 24

Post by Treadeager »

A question ? Just after 11pm last night , a light aircraft ( only heard , not seen at all ) flew very low and loud over our house . I was out in the garden with the dogs . I think I may even have " ducked " ! I honestly thought he was in trouble , possibly attempting to turn and gain altitude ?

Is it possible to look back on FR24 ( or any other App ) and see what was about at time ?

I'm more curious than complaining .

edit: Nothing showing on FR24 " playback " . Any other apps to try ? ( but it was a light aircraft ).
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Treadeager wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:49 pm A question ? Just after 11pm last night , a light aircraft ( only heard , not seen at all ) flew very low and loud over our house . I was out in the garden with the dogs . I think I may even have " ducked " ! I honestly thought he was in trouble , possibly attempting to turn and gain altitude ?

Is it possible to look back on FR24 ( or any other App ) and see what was about at time ?

I'm more curious than complaining .

edit: Nothing showing on FR24 " playback " . Any other apps to try ? ( but it was a light aircraft ).
Looks like FR24 does have a history function of up to 7 days for free, but you would need to know the reg of the plane or know its route. If it was a light aircraft then there's very little chance of it being recorded anyway.
Trogladyte

Post by Trogladyte »

I have this running all the time working at home. I have pretty good vantage point from a second floor juliet balcony. I can see the southern approaches to Heathrow, from the stack at Biggin they come overhead before a right turn to join the feeds from the northern stacks over the Thames estuary, and then the glide slope into Heathrow. We also see some of the traffic that has taken off from Heathrow to the west, and then do climbing left hand turn to head off to the east.

This is when there is a westerly. If the wind is from the east, which is comparatively rare, but happens fairly regularly, it all looks different as they land from the west, and take off down the Thames over central London.
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

Had an Airbus A400M ( 4 prop transport plane) from Brize Norton but with no desination, fly over the house today, no sounded different so checked it out on FR24 it was heading NE. Just heard another interesting plane so looked it up. Looks like the same plane on their way back from Copenhagen, no destination airport shown but i guess they are going to Brize Norton. Possibly been to stock up on Carlsberg and bacon.
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

Heard the same plane again today. Heard it this morning but didn't bother looking it up. Just heard it again about an hour earlier than yesterday on the way back from Copenhagen. Wonder what they are taking/getting that requires two trips in two days?
Horse

Post by Horse »

Sort of related: Red Arrows and French [but lesser, natch] equivalent on tour from Brize (16:21) around central Southern England, over that London, then up Eastern counties.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

Just had a Spitfire do a nice low banked turn at the back of our house, nice engine noise atracted my attenetion not on FR24 though. Guess he was doing the NHS tribute flyover the local hospital.
Even the wife liked the sound, loud exhausts inspire lives :clap:
636mick

Post by 636mick »

I think there is a fly past over Vera Lynne’s village today for her funeral. Probably for that, lovely noise though!!
Mick
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

We got a special one.
https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/spitfire-nh ... -1-6739402
Wife knew about it before hand but didn't tell me
636mick

Post by 636mick »

And me!!
https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/heri ... ay-2909680
Might be a bit too far East for me but fingers crossed!!
Mick
ninja

Post by ninja »

The two Spitfires flew over me on their way to Ditchling. :thumbup:
Slenver

Post by Slenver »