General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Taipan

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Taipan »

Another day, another cold shower...
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:55 pm Another day, another cold shower...
I just jump in the pool. Temp there is 31c :)
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Taipan wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:55 pm Another day, another cold shower...
Embrace it.....

https://www.wimhofmethod.com/
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Just been in the paddling pool with the web-footed freak and given him a shampoo and scrub.

He’s gone a bit curly.

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Chased my boiler repair people only to find they've deemed it beyond economical repair. So got my boiler man on the case for a new one asap. He said he'll pop round and try and temporary repair my one whilst sorting out a date to fit a new one! On the plus side I *may* get £500 from the repair people, minus the rest of the monthly payments that are due, towards the replacement costs. I'll believe it when I get it, but at least it would take the sting out of the new boiler costs...
Potter

Post by Potter »

Skub wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:48 pm
Why are you wearing a parachute?
Yorick wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:01 pm
I just jump in the pool. Temp there is 31c :)
It's cooled down a bit here, my pool was at 36c but now it's at 32c, the sun is still there but it's been windy and that's enough to drop the temp of my pool by 4c.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Taipan wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:27 pm Chased my boiler repair people only to find they've deemed it beyond economical repair. So got my boiler man on the case for a new one asap. He said he'll pop round and try and temporary repair my one whilst sorting out a date to fit a new one! On the plus side I *may* get £500 from the repair people, minus the rest of the monthly payments that are due, towards the replacement costs. I'll believe it when I get it, but at least it would take the sting out of the new boiler costs...
Just spoke to the insurers and they will indeed contribute £500 less outstanding premiums (c£36) within 10 days of my forwarding them a copy of the installation certificate or invoice! New boiler going in tomorrow! :banana-dance:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Potter wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:09 am
Skub wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:48 pm
Why are you wearing a parachute?

The big Zed is a flying machine,so it's best to be prepared. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
cheb

Post by cheb »

Another day in the office. I've read the single email that's arrived since Monday, confirmation of my submitted hours. If I'm lucky I might get another one soon. Failing that more tea and surfing the net.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I just gave my kitten to her new owner. I didn't expect to be this sad to be honest. :cry:

Its for all the right reasons. She needs more space and more people

But I did have a little tear as they drove away. I do get my floor back from the myriad of cat toys/climbing stuff/food bowls/litter tray, so that's good.

Sadly it's back to talking to myself again.

She was a bitey scratchy cute little bastard and rarely responded when I talked, but at least I wasn't talking to myself!! :cry:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Chased the Car Shop twice... just had a call back, it's ready to pick up at 5pm!!!

I get to cruise home with the top down before the weekends rain.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:42 pm Chased the Car Shop twice... just had a call back, it's ready to pick up at 5pm!!!

I get to cruise home with the top down before the weekends rain.
Good to see you're taking the tart thing seriously :)
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Noggin wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:57 am I just gave my kitten to her new owner. I didn't expect to be this sad to be honest. :cry:

But I did have a little tear as they drove away. I do get my floor back from the myriad of cat toys/climbing stuff/food bowls/litter tray, so that's good.

She was a bitey scratchy cute little bastard and rarely responded when I talked, but at least I wasn't talking to myself!! :cry:
On the plus side, you didn't get your face eaten.

That's not to say it isn't sat in its new home, planning your demise at some time in the not-too-distant future.....
Last edited by gremlin on Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

gremlin wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:56 pm
Noggin wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:57 am I just gave my kitten to her new owner. I didn't expect to be this sad to be honest. :cry:

That's not to say it isn't sat in it's new home, planning your demise at some time in the not-too-distant future.....
Planning? It already has copies of all the keys, floor layout blueprints and full inside knowledge of sleeping patterns etc. Goodbye Noggers... :shock: :(
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Skub

Post by Skub »

I considered that option with ma weans many a time. I didn't have any takers though. :cry:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Well done for putting the cat first Noggers! :thumbup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

That's not to say it isn't sat in its new home, planning your demise at some time in the not-too-distant future.....
TBF, from the videos her new servant has sent, I don't think she'll think twice about me!! LOL

the_priest wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:07 pm

That's not to say it isn't sat in it's new home, planning your demise at some time in the not-too-distant future.....
Planning? It already has copies of all the keys, floor layout blueprints and full inside knowledge of sleeping patterns etc. Goodbye Noggers... :shock: :(
She got an outside to play in now - she'll be faaaar too tired to trek all the way up here!! LOL

Skub wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:08 pm
I considered that option with ma weans many a time. I didn't have any takers though. :cry:
:lol:

Taipan wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:36 pm
Well done for putting the cat first Noggers! :thumbup:
Thanx loads. I've actually had a bit of stick for finding her a different home, totally not what I'd expected!! Some are thinking I should keep her as it'll make me sad to give her away but some seem to think I'm being a lightweight.

But - I've been sent some videos of the cute little bastard running in a garden, getting to make friends with a resident dog and being totally crashed out on a tile floor after spending 2 hours running and playing

I am sad and sometimes a little teary (and my sodding physio knows just the questions to ask to get those emotions in the open :roll:) but the videos have made me very happy too - totally the right decision for her and now she can get her legs even stronger and be a seriously happy cat :) :) :)
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

You gave that kitty the love it needed to find the home it would grow up in. Glad you have videos and news of kitty and know it is happy. Hard thing to do, but the best thing for this feline beast. Change you locks just in case!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

A dog would be pining, looking out the window, wondering what had happened. Did it upset its mistress? What did it do wrong? It's ears would be down and its legs shivering in fright, the loneliness overwhelming as it took in its new surrounding and the strange new people around it. Quite whimpers would be the only sound from this heartbroken animal.....

The cat would just sit there, thinking 'When's dinnertime at this new joint?'
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

the_priest wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:34 pm You gave that kitty the love it needed to find the home it would grow up in. Glad you have videos and news of kitty and know it is happy. Hard thing to do, but the best thing for this feline beast. Change you locks just in case!
Thank you and yes, I'll pop to the B&Q equivalent tomorrow!!!

I'll get to see her new servant once a week for the next few weeks and then I'm sure we'll catch up, so I'll definitely have news of the little bugger :D :D

gremlin wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:37 pm A dog would be pining, looking out the window, wondering what had happened. Did it upset its mistress? What did it do wrong? It's ears would be down and its legs shivering in fright, the loneliness overwhelming as it took in its new surrounding and the strange new people around it. Quite whimpers would be the only sound from this heartbroken animal.....

The cat would just sit there, thinking 'When's dinnertime at this new joint?'
It's kind of why I love cats - very independant and definitely not a pet in the normal sense!! One of my friends says cats have monkeys to do the things they need doing!! They aren't overly bothered which monkey does the stuff, as long as one does!!!

I'll sort out the videos and some photos pre departure tomorrow to show why her new place is so right!