Re: Riding and attitude Changes

Post by ZRX61 »

Missed me :)

Same spot last time:
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

The Spin Doctor wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:14 am
Bigyin wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:12 pm Funnily enough i used to ride a lot during the week just for fun but since i started doing the instructing thing i ride now mainly for work and get through about 180 miles a week riding to the base, riding round behind L platers then riding home again on the Fazer so even with lockdowns and being closed for months its done about 10000 miles since i bought it.

I have recently kicked myself up the arse and now set aside at least one or two days a week i take the Ducati out to play and just ride for me
Only 180? I was doing almost a thousand a week, split half / half between to and from the school, and doing the DAS courses, six days a week. It wasn't very often I went out for a fun ride.
I am only part time and live about 12 miles from the base. Add in i am only doing CBT road rides together with renewals and you can see why its 180-250 miles a week depending on how many days i go in (3 maybe 4). Once i am doing DAS as well the mileage will rocket up ;)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Rarely ride for anything other than commuting. If do just take myself for a rideout, then its normally that I need some headspace to think things through, so I wouldn't ride with anyone else. I don't really like riding with other people anyway as I have to change how I ride and that normally takes me out of my comfort zone.