Oh, is that another KTM ? Really ? Are you sure ? Is this the one and only keeper ?

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Oh, is that another KTM ? Really ? Are you sure ? Is this the one and only keeper ?

Post by weeksy »

Not very exciting but i removed the heated grips today.

Image2020-06-17_05-55-23 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Standard ones fitted. Only £18 for the set, which includes the housing as well as the grips...

At Donny i was having 'feel' issues with them and in a couple of corners they felt really 'fat' as i was shifting and moving, for example on the exit of the chicane, i wanted to change from 4th > 5th and because i was still hanging off while getting onto the straight bit, i was struggling to get a proper grip on the bars to grab clutch for the change, (i know, clutchless changes, but no... i don't do them, don't like them), so went out and got the skinnier standard grips to stick on.
Supermofo

Re: Oh, is that another KTM ? Really ? Are you sure ? Is this the one and only keeper ?

Post by Supermofo »

Did you just glue them on, as assume you had to dremel the tubes again?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Supermofo wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:51 pm Did you just glue them on, as assume you had to dremel the tubes again?
The throttle side comes as a whole unit, grip and housing pre built. The clutch side is just a rubber grip.

So clutch side glued on. Throttle side goes into housing.