What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

The physio in resort made a start on getting my back into some kind of working order yesterday - it's been grumpy for a long time but much much worse since the knee physio started

This morning I put the mat down on the floor to do some of the home physio exercises (haven't done these ones for a week or so because of the back pain) - the kitten went nuts!! LOL At one point she jumped down onto me from one seat then up to the other!!! LOL Repeated a few times!! LOL Noggin the kitten trampoline :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Feels good now as I have three sets of physio exercises to do each day (three different issues) and I've had to wind them back a bit because of the back. Looks like I can confuse the kitten more often!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

woorrrrkkkkkk.......again
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

2 and a half hours sat on the M90 in a queue after a big accident there. We were debating whether to go out in the car or on the bike,I’m glad we chose the car. A couple of bike were in front of us and we kept them supplied with water.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Car shopping.

The wife said if I could get £7k for the mini as a part-ex she'd let me top it up to 11k.

I've spent the last week looking at £11k cars. I found a nice ish SLK250, called him this morning, he'd sold it during the week and hadn't tken the adds down.

So I then went to look at an older 987 Boxster... when I got there, the car wasn't on site, it'll be back on Monday.

My drive home took me past one of those huge car supermarket places, so I decided to stop and have a look.

There was a nice Z4, £14k. Too much money
There was a nice 218 rag top, £14 too much money.

Then the wife spots a white SL350. £27.5K.... and decided she might let me have a 'bit' more money.

I need to do a bit of research, but I might well be buying this tomorrow...

They showed me a 420D with a folding hard top too, but it was nowhere near as nice as the MB.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Well, by the time I got stuff sorted and left the apartment, the sun really wasn't as warm (well the wispy clouds and increasing wind didn't help). Went to the pool and chatted with a mate who was at the equivalent of a car boot sale there. Did a short swim, no sun bathing, then went home via a tiny cafe run by some friends. Met some girls there that I know from previous summers - both seriously hungover and the cafe is now their favourite place - lovely quiet terrace, cheap drinks, well priced food and no one they work with would go there!! :lol: :lol:

Winding myself up to do some cooking now :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Just done 6 hour enduro then jumped straight in the pool :banana-dance:

Proper knackered
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Up early and drove 30 miles to Kempton Park for the Autojumble. Arrived at 7:45, parked up, realised I forgot to get cash out, nipped down the road to the garage and when I got back 10min later the queue had doubled. 🙄

Didn't matter as a lot of the stall holders hadn't finished setting up so had a bacon roll and a brew before mooching about. Came away with just about everything I was after.

CR500 swingarm. I only wanted the chain guide, but the whole thing was only a tenner and I can probably flog it for £50.

CRF450 sidestand, brake and gear lever. I only wanted the sidestand to put on the KX500 but it was all taped together and again only a tenner. Probably sell the levers on eBay.

4 x cans of carb cleaner. £3 each...or four for a tenner.

Some fuel line, filter and hose clamps. 6 rolls of shop towel, an Eclipse centre punch and some new grinding goggles.

Back home by 11:00am. Cut and strimmed what the dog has left of the lawn. Trimmed the hedges, pruned the Acer and the Fig tree and then swept the patio. Remembered to wear a hat, but forgot to suncream (ironic, I know...) and I was out there until 3pm...

The wife's gone to the pub so I'm enjoying an ice cold Wiessbier while the bin lids play on the trampompaline*

* (c) Homer Simpson.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Just getting back in the swing after two effing months of being laid up, in pain, and knackered.
Today felt like the first almost normal day for ages.

So, next week hopefully will have big lists of mundane shite what I've done. Yay!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

2021-07-17_08-22-38 by Steve Weeks - Flickr2BBcode LITE

After practice today we went for a beer and some very average food, then back to B&B with epic views
2021-07-17_08-24-12 by Steve Weeks - Flickr2BBcode LITE

2021-07-17_08-22-38 by Steve Weeks - Flickr2BBcode LITE

Then we found a lovely place less than 2 mins walk from B&B

Sitting having an ale and it's 20+ degrees
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Finished night shift, then went to Alfs to get my Pilot Road 5’s fitted. Then long way home via the vets to pick up the Sith Hounds meds. Watched TDF, now back at work and cooked curry for me and my colleague.

Yes, sleep is missing from this equation.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Used strimmer to mow the lawn. Then managed to blag my neighbours lawnmower for 1/2 hour to blitz the front lawn as it really needed tidying up.

Washed out the new to me topbox. Will order a couple of spare keys for it as it only came with one.

Then took wife shopping, returned clothes that did not fit my daughter. Home, doing some reading and had dinner with a shared bottle of Old Tom. Now waiting for my son's "come and fetch me daddy" text as he headed into London to spend the day out with friends.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Skub

Post by Skub »

weeksy wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:55 pm Image
2021-07-17_08-52-09 by Steve Weeks - Flickr2BBcode LITE
You cheated the lad. Look at the size of yer poke Mr.Weeks. :o
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Went to the pub yesterday for my Sisters 60th birthday. Both my kids came too so i actually got to chat and have a drink with them for the first time in ages! :) Great day at the pub then back to my Sisters for Beef curry. It was going to be goat (Sisters boyfriend is Jamaican) but the rest of the people didn't want to eat goat?? Don't understand that? You eat chickens, cow, pig and Lamb but turn your nose up at Goat? :crazy: Anyway, blinding curry with home made pickled cabbage, which apparently his family always have with curry? Gotta say it was lovely! A really great day catching up with old friends and much laughter was had by all. :)

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Turns out his pickled cabbage was coleslaw! :oops: How pissed was I! :lol:
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Solo pedal to pub in a bit. app saying 29° later. 😓
Yamaha rocket 3
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I went swimming first thing. Well, not first thing but was there when they opened!! Sadly, so were loads of other people, so I didn't get to do much swimming - only one lane for people swimming and the rest of the pool for kids/floating toy things etc. I don't swim well enough or fast enough to swim in the lane, so spent half an hour sunbathing!! Next time if a lecherous old French has chosen the sun lounger two over from me I'll move my stuff and go somewhere else!! Not often I feel uncomfortable but this morning I was!!

Came home to chill with the moglet but she's sodded off to the other seat :roll: Bloody cats!! :lol:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Went for a 5km run, then swam 200 metres.
Did some work.

Did an hour of 3 min rounds on the punchbag.
Did some work.

Swam 200 metres as fast as I could, was knackered.
Did some work.

I should be skinny but I must have a problem with eating too much food than I need :(
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Is your work "eating cream cakes"?
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Got up about 5.30am. Watched the F1 until *the incident* & about to go riding. There are these things (apparently called *clouds*) floating about in the sky. Most bizarre, may end up getting a bit moist today...