The Official Pleasing Purchase Thread

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
KungFooBob

Re: The Official Pleasing Purchase Thread

Post by KungFooBob »

Ouch, but then I guess if you've got a ZH2 you might as well buy it the best.
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Taipan wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:49 am My Fakita 18v impact driver thingy. Different world to my Makita drill. Undoing bolts on bikes is amazing and using it for putting in screws in wood yesterday makes me realise whilst most of my builder type mates have them. Super pleased with this purchase!!

Oooooooh nice, I bought one during building the extension to my home, that and a multi tool how i ever got by without them before !!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
Stig

Post by Stig »

Just bought an xc90, really pleased with it.

Just spent two hours as a passenger typing away on the phone without feeling a hint of travel sickness. Love it, big old hector. Prefer driving it over the Tesla. How do you know someone has a Tesla? WAit five minutes and they’ll tell you
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Stig wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:39 pm Just bought an xc90, really pleased with it.

Just spent two hours as a passenger typing away on the phone without feeling a hint of travel sickness. Love it, big old hector. Prefer driving it over the Tesla. How do you know someone has a Tesla? WAit five minutes and they’ll tell you
Are you a Vegan?
Stig

Post by Stig »

The original reply was too familiar sorry

No but I see what you did there ;)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Stig

Post by Stig »

Lol

This was something I promised myself for a very long time, wear it pretty much every day.
Attachments
F78A66DF-3457-4313-ACF1-2E6EC243C935.jpeg
F78A66DF-3457-4313-ACF1-2E6EC243C935.jpeg (837.3 KiB) Viewed 585 times
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Got a message from the van man this evening, it's arrived!! :D

Next it's off for a camper conversion.
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Was browsing the books in WHSmiths when I found an AA book called Bikers Britain

It’s a book which contain AA road maps with detailed recommendations for bikers routes which are highlighted throughout and contains a lot of decent looking rides to be honest, one that could be worth a punt.

Had a look online and picked up a copy for £8 delivered instead of £15!

Anyone know if it or used it???
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Yesterday: New telly (50in), wall mount & stud finder to help install it.... & tripled the value of my Shitbox Honda Accord by gassing it up.

Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Pirahna wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:09 am Got a message from the van man this evening, it's arrived!! :D

Next it's off for a camper conversion.
Niiiice

I have some questions....

How much?
Is white the only colour available?
How much is a camper conversion ?
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Jody wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:00 am
Niiiice

How much?
White isn't the only colour, there's plenty of choice, MAN do their version of the van with another bunch of colour choices. The reason for buying a white one is that in the no cost choices it's the one I liked the most and I was trying to keep the cost of the van below a certain point, which I've managed by a decent margin. It's the 177ps auto version with lots of toys and some most people won't have come across like the retractable handbrake to allow the front seats to swivel.

The conversion will have air on the back to help with the weight, it also give me the option of upping the gross vehicle weight to 4.2t if I need to. There's no gas. Hob will be a Webasto diesel (not the fastest thing in the World), oven will be a combi for when it's plugged into shore power. Leisure batteries will be lithium with solar on the roof. Truma combi for heating and hot water. On board bathroom. Decent size storage under the bed for bikes etc.

This is the place doing the work: https://www.rhalesconversions.co.uk/

Here's a review his personal van by people that review vans:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Never seen one of those VW's before, I guess they aren't sold here. We get the Sprinter version, although the sales dropped owing to the $6000 cost of replacing the exhaust.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Apologies for ending summer early, but I've just ordered;

the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Robinsons Old Tom. A rather lovely ale that is. Going to enjoy the 12 bottles I've bought. Don't think they will last the month they are supposed to...
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Everso (not slightly) random!

A friend bought a display cabinet chiller as she sells baked goods at the markets. Downside is that it is just a bit to long/tall for her to lift it from the car alone. She said this on saturday to me and me being the bright ideas girl that I am said "we should chat in the week, I could make a bag so you can carry it easier if you can find the right material" :roll:

Que* that afternoon I get a text "what fabric should I look for. I Hate not being able to move this thing on my own and hate having to ask other stall holders to help me"

Well, I'd been (over) designing a carry/rolling bag to make life easy for her. But markets are Thursday and Saturday and Thursday is the one she really struggles to get help from friend (no one wants to get up early enough!!). Sooooo - we had a conversation about fabric and off she went to find some. Ended up with two curtains that would do the job @ 35€

She dropped them off on Sunday and I had intended to start planning/sewing yesterday.

But, yesterday morning I ended up in Carrefour in Moutiers and saw these -

Sadly they are 10cm to short, so I bought two for under 10€!! Other bonus is that I can make the two into one that works tomorrow - cos after helping in my friends' bar on Sunday night my arm didn't want to do sewing yesterday!! :lol:

So, random, but very pleasing!! :bblonde: :bblonde:

* Que or cue?? I never know. Just know it isn't queue!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
David

Post by David »

Cue.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Pirahna wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:13 pm
Jody wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:00 am
Niiiice

How much?
White isn't the only colour, there's plenty of choice, MAN do their version of the van with another bunch of colour choices. The reason for buying a white one is that in the no cost choices it's the one I liked the most and I was trying to keep the cost of the van below a certain point, which I've managed by a decent margin. It's the 177ps auto version with lots of toys and some most people won't have come across like the retractable handbrake to allow the front seats to swivel.

The conversion will have air on the back to help with the weight, it also give me the option of upping the gross vehicle weight to 4.2t if I need to. There's no gas. Hob will be a Webasto diesel (not the fastest thing in the World), oven will be a combi for when it's plugged into shore power. Leisure batteries will be lithium with solar on the roof. Truma combi for heating and hot water. On board bathroom. Decent size storage under the bed for bikes etc.

This is the place doing the work: https://www.rhalesconversions.co.uk/

Here's a review his personal van by people that review vans:
That looks really good, how does it compare with 'off the shelf' camper vans? Is it cheaper or is it the choice of options?
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Potter wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:57 am
That looks really good, how does it compare with 'off the shelf' camper vans? Is it cheaper or is it the choice of options?
It's more expensive but I couldn't find an off the shelf van with the inside layout I wanted.

The only thing I hesitated on is the van is available with an extra high roof but, to get the higher roof VW cut a big hole in the tin roof and put a fibreglass pod on top. I wasn't impressed with the rubber sealing strips or the way it fitted above the rear doors. The compromise in not having the extra high roof is that the mattress to ceiling height is around 35 inches. It's enough but. There will be a skylight above the bed and side windows so it won't feel cramped. When it's done I'll stick a load of pics up and you'll see why I've made the choices I did.
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Has the revolution started yet?